It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brought you to ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Thanks! I came to check out a website and found a diverse community and comfortable home.

Great thread to start and one I'll certainly continue to check back on. I'm as curious as anyone to see the variety of answers for how folks came to join the ATS family.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jhn7537

Thanks! I came to check out a website and found a diverse community and comfortable home.

Great thread to start and one I'll certainly continue to check back on. I'm as curious as anyone to see the variety of answers for how folks came to join the ATS family.

I'm totally the same way, hence the reason why making the thread.. Like hearing from guys like Phage and so on, the ATS guru's, I just like hearing how things come together, because without us (the community) there wouldnt be this great site...
edit on 11-5-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
The humor. Mainly connected to aliens, conspiracies and the like.

It can be the best laugh I get all day but sometimes those that actually believe the insane get me riled because I wonder how intelligent people can get so caught up in belief in chemtrails and the like when if they go to an airport and watch they'll learn something their little brains might register.

...but mostly the humor

Hey I totally get it, what makes ATS great is its crazy diverse community of people from all walks of life, but we ALL have a few things in common, aliens, ufos, conspiracies, etc...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
For me, in researching many subjects involving government corruption, corporate conspiracies and the supernatural, I kept finding ATS pages in my Google searches. A friend of mine (Night Star) belonged here and loved it. I eventually joined because I saw that it dealt with many fascinating subjects and had a lot of good threads.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
I was looking for Bigfoot news when I stumbled on ATS.
Took years before I felt ready to join the discussion.

Very nice.. The what got you going on Bigfoot, was it just a curiosity you had to research or was it a specific part of the Bigfoot legend you were after?

Oh yeah, that's another thing I've always been interested in. Cryptozoology.

I think why ATS stood out for me was that while there were a lot of websites devoted to information, some good, some not so good, there was not so much a coherent community of people with the inclusion of a set of standards to go by. It might seem strict to some, but it serves a good purpose.

Forums make the content here. User generated. But not like other forums that may not be specific to the topics presented here. I know I've read some thing here on forums that are about football or body building. ?! odd. lol

I also love the way the forums almost ignite with activity if something happens that gets world attention. It's focused, yet lively. It's at those times where I think we see who really shines as contributors to the content.

Nothing like 48 hours of no sleep and the energy generated here to keep yhou banging on
lol

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I came because of my interest in aliens, ufo's, and alternative theories.

I stayed because of certain people I find very intelligent, funny, and thought provoking.

Cirque

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
you know, i believe it was also the 9/11 buisness. At least that was how i found the site. lurked for a long time ,but as you can see by my handle i am also a big crypto fan. After a while i just could not resist any longer. I am hooked!!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't remember how I found ATS, but I had never seen such a huge site with so many fascinating subjects all in one place. It was love at first sight!

I never could understand how so many people could be lurkers when there are soooooo many things to comment on and share.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

So you were already on the conspiracy trail before ever landing here.. Props to you!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

The one thing that kills me is that I always see the older members talking about the "good old times" on this site dating back 5-10 years, still being a noob (ya know, a couple years) i never got to witness the "good old times" and I'm so curious to see how the times have changed, whether it be for better or worse... ATS in its early, raw stages I would of loved to have witnessed or been a member of...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
After witnessing corruption in my local government. I was doing some research and ATS came up on in a google search. I lurked for a while then forgot about the site. Later I was looking up stuff on prepping and ATS came up again. Joined for the survival forum and I have been here since.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I came because of my interest in aliens, ufo's, and alternative theories.

I stayed because of certain people I find very intelligent, funny, and thought provoking.

Cirque

I'm totally with you... It's incredible the wealth of knowledge we have on this site... I consider ATS a total gem and pity those who haven't found it yet

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I don't remember how I found ATS, but I had never seen such a huge site with so many fascinating subjects all in one place. It was love at first sight!

I never could understand how so many people could be lurkers when there are soooooo many things to comment on and share.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

Totally agree, how can you read these awesome threads without participating, I believe i found the site and within a day or two I was a member...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
After witnessing corruption in my local government. I was doing some research and ATS came up on in a google search. I lurked for a while then forgot about the site. Later I was looking up stuff on prepping and ATS came up again. Joined for the survival forum and I have been here since.

When you say survival was it more of a "prepper" type of thing or just the subject in general?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have always been into ufos,aliens,ancient history,bigfoot .

What really brought me here was finding the truth on why the birds fell out of the sky in Beebee,Arkansas.
I had been having alot of trust issues with mainstream media.
Thus,the rabbit hole of thruth I fell.

Peace,
K
edit on 11-5-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I have always been into ufos,aliens,ancient history,bigfoot .

What really brought me here was finding the truth on why the birds fell out of the sky in Beebee,Arkansas.
I had been having alot of trust issues with mainstream media.
Thus,the rabbit hole of thruth I fell.

Peace,
K
edit on 11-5-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Yes, I remember when that happened... It was the fireworks!!! lol..... Very crazy/strange things that happen around our world each year... The birds falling out of the sky or fish hitting the coast in thousands dead is all weird in my mind...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A few years ago I was and still am intrigued with ancient stuff.....I googled and up came one of slayers best.I have been here since.Behind the shadows to scared to open up

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't remember what brought me to ATS to be honest, but I remember it was around the time I started "waking up" to another reality. I definetly took the red pill and immediately went down the rabbit hole and life has never been the same.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

It's a good feeling, isn't it?? Its nice waking up to all the BS that's going around us... I do feel bad for those who just live their life thinking everything is hunky-dory around them..

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I was researching how accurate an author was in his writings, when I stumbled upon ATS. It was a bad time in my life as I was going through a rough divorce at the time.

ATS became a great distraction from the woes in my life at the time, and I found the members on here to be a great bunch of slightly off the wall very supportive and intelligent weirdoes, so I thought "Cody you might just fit in here". So 8 years and too many 404's later I'm finally getting the hang of it (I think) .

So came for science and research,

Stayed for the friends

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join