Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What Is TRUTH?...Perception is Subjective

page: 1

join

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Perception is Subjective

Truth is what we want it to be. There is absolute truth, based in fact. There is perceived truth based on faith. The truth based on fact is still what we perceive. The truth based on faith is not what others believe. If I tell you the truth, is it really the truth and the whole truth? If I swear on a Bible, does this make it the truth? If I read it in a book, does it make it the truth? If I see it in a movie, does it make it the truth? We believe and we perceive what we want to believe and perceive.

I can tell you what the truth is from my perspective and it is your choice to believe it or not. If I shoot a video of something and post it anywhere, there will be those that say, "oh that's photo shopped" or "hey that's a planet", etc. If I write a first hand account of an experience as the truth, there will be those that say, "that was in your head" or "you were drunk", etc.

The truth is...it really doesn't matter what others believe or perceive, it is the "FREE WILL" of all to decide what they want to recognize as truth. It doesn't change the "TRUTH", because in reality there can only be one truth, the rest is all subjective conjecture based on perception and belief.

Soul

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Consensus Reality:

Consensus reality is that which is generally agreed to be reality, based on a consensus view.

The difficulty with the question stems from the concern that human beings do not in fact fully understand or agree upon the nature of knowledge or knowing, and therefore it is not possible to be certain beyond doubt what is real. Accordingly, this line of logic concludes, we cannot in fact be sure beyond doubt about the nature of reality. We can, however, seek to obtain some form of consensus, with others, of what is real. We can use this consensus as a pragmatic guide, either on the assumption that it seems to approximate some kind of valid reality, or simply because it is more "practical" than perceived alternatives. Consensus reality therefore refers to the agreed-upon concepts of reality which people in the world, or a culture or group, believe are real (or treat as real), usually based upon their common experiences as they believe them to be; anyone who does not agree with these is sometimes stated to be "in effect... living in a different world."
Throughout history this has also raised a social question: "What shall we make of those who do not agree with consensus realities of others, or of the society they live in?"

Source

All too often, truth is based in consensus.
edit on 5/11/2013 by Klassified because: add link

new topics

join