It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of My Art

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Those are all very good; particularly like #1 and #2. Thanks for sharing, and keep on sketchin'. Do you just do portraits? Curious if you do any landscapes or still lifes? How about Grays doing their makeup?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I have been inspired to share some of my artwork after spending some time in the Art Forum.

In viewing Piqual3because14's paintings, and Starwise's digital artwork and also GreyEagle and Skulla's work - I wanted to share.

This piece is a portrait of my youngest child - it's a newborn portrait (he was born just shy of 10pds).

These next two pieces are also portrait art of famous people.

Here is Audrey

Kiera Knightly.

And here is a doodle of mine that just befits ATS.

Don't be too harsh. I've never shared my artwork before. Thanks.

Cirque

edit on 11-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: pic removed

edit on 11-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: removed info

I dearly love pencil and or charcoal portrait drawings. Their simplicity is really the key to their detail.

These are really outstanding, your attention to detail combined with your ability to keep them as simple as possible has worked remarkably well.

I've tried this technique many times before and have been laughably unsuccessful, It really is a true talent!
Thanks so much for sharing these, I really enjoyed looking at them and great job!!

S&F

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
Cool pictures!
I think people are the hardest to draw. I can see Audrey but maybe not so much kiera if you asked me without telling the title.. Maybe it's just the small details. Faces are so complex.

Thanks.

Here is one, a celebrity, and I won't tell you the name. See if you can guess who she is.

I never quite finished this one. But it's one of my last one's left of celebrity art I have.

Cirque

I knew this was Liv right away! The resemblance is uncanny!

This is really beautiful!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
i never know in these threads, do you want an honest critic? or do you want a bunch of strangers to give to a patronising pat on the head?
i think you are quite good, but theyre just sketches. i think if you put some time into a pic the results would be very good.

Thank you Rikku and I know. Your quite right. I rarely, as you can see, follow through with my works that I begin. It's partly life (my big job I have right now is mommy), partly that I divide my time and interest among many things. I wouldn't consider myself an artist.. Is there a classification of doodler?

I don't draw all the time. It's never been like breathing for me. Where I want to draw or paint all the time. That's the mark of a true - artiste to me. My callings - fall elsewhere.

As to why I posted this thread - I've been spending time in the Art forum lately and admiring other people's art and creations. I just wanted to share some of my art to. Experience a different dimension of ATS - there are many!

Cirque

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Those are all very good; particularly like #1 and #2. Thanks for sharing, and keep on sketchin'. Do you just do portraits? Curious if you do any landscapes or still lifes? How about Grays doing their makeup?

I really enjoy portrait art - aside from doodling what's in my head like the alien art and fantasy art- it's usually what I focus on when I set aside time to undertake a serious drawing project. I still have in my heart a need to draw Elvis and Gandhi. I don't know why. But they are my next undertakings.

Thanks,
Cirque

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
It's Liv Tyler! Awesome work Cirque!!!!!

It is Liv Tyler. I did that piece just after watching Lord of the Rings for the first time. I thought she did so well.

Blessings,
Cirque

Hey, I was able to tell that was who it was; thought it looked a whole lot like Arwen Evenstar. Again, purdee good sketches. Thanks for sharing more. I haven't perused this thread carefully, so I don't know if you have a blog/website to display them and possibly put them on sale, but I'd recommend something like this or even a local coffee shop that displays art of local artists.

It also seems that with the proliferation of self-published e-books these days, that you might be able to get some illustrating gigs -- in particular for covers. Have you considered doing something along these lines? I think some fleshed-out sketches, akin to your #2 in this thread, are a far-cry better than a lot of the cheesy book covers I see anymore from the various self-published serial authors whose wares are on Amazon, which are often some sort of photo-shopped photograph. Your stuff is much classier.

P.S. Not having noticed the captions before, I went back and looked at your first two female portraits again, trying to see if any were also celebrities, and I thought the #2 look like Hepburn ala Breakfast at Tiffany's. I have no idea of what Kiera Knightly looks like, so I am no judge of that sketch.

I like it when artists share their works here. I've checked out several such threads and have always been impressed. Some creative and skilled folk here.

Kudos.
edit on 13-5-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

SnF friend. You are really talented!!! My drawing skills are no where near your abilities! Good job and thanks for sharing they are so lovely!

Hope you have a wonderful day

Peace and love
-nat

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
really people I know you want to be nice and supportive of what she does, but that art is not good. I say this only because it frustrating to get stuck in actual art classes with these people, and come out with only a grade higher, knowing full and well your art is 10x better than theirs. You need to lose the lines, figure out transitions in shading which create the line you make. For example the jaw lines on the faces, is should be a shade difference that creates the appearance of a jaw line not a line in itself. If that explains what I mean. Anyways kudos for sharing and stick with the art. But don't expect to go anywhere with it and please don't get into actual college classes until your at least 5x better.

Sorry for the truth everyone else is to afraid to say.
edit on 11-5-2013 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

Have you ever heard something so stupid that you could just hardly contain yourself? I don't write a lot of posts, but this was one of those things.

As someone with a BFA who went to an art school and now makes his living as a professional artist, this comment literally hurt my brain. The particular line I'm referring to is: "Don't get into actual college classes until your [sic] at least 5x better"

People go to college to LEARN, they don't go because they already know how to do something. "When you know how to draw, then we shall teach you to draw, grasshopper." Seriously, think before you speak. Also, from the other perspective, I know what it's like to sit in an art class next to some pretentious jerk who thinks their art is soooooo good, when it's really just as bad as everyone else's.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Very nice!!

I love pencils!
Have you tried the watercolor pencils? I bet you would do great with those!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Beautiful pictures, is the last picture of the celebrity you wont say who is liv tyler ??

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Greetings,

All that stuff looks real good, especially the second one.

Congratulations on your new baby.

Best regards

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Babies are soo hard to draw. Awesome!!!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

Yes. It's Liv.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone else for stopping in and leaving a message.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You defined the most important reason to create art. It is for ourselves and those who enjoy it. I started a thread awhile back that addressed this issue. We all create some form of art and we need to stop being afraid to call ourselves artists. To all the critics, if you think you are a "real" artist I suggest you get over it. Elitist snobbery is really boring. Keep enjoying your art and allow yourself to express itself!

"Are You an Artist?"
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

I uploaded a pic - of a grey. This is an old sketch. At least a decade. I was having nightmares, and this was a production of one of those bad dreams...

But it was just a dream.

Cirque

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here are a few more... to add to the thread. I won't mention who this is. But I hope some of the older members recognize who this is... famous actor from several decades back...

And here is one of my oldest son, when he was two. He's turning 6 soon. My youngest son, I posted earlier in the thread is now 4. They are not so little anymore. I miss em' being babies --- sometimes...

Cirque

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Your art is wonderful! I am, also, an artist. But I have struggled with drawing realistic features my whole life. I can draw almost anything else, but I cannot draw realistic people. You have a great talent, keep at it!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
really people I know you want to be nice and supportive of what she does, but that art is not good. I say this only because it frustrating to get stuck in actual art classes with these people, and come out with only a grade higher, knowing full and well your art is 10x better than theirs. You need to lose the lines, figure out transitions in shading which create the line you make. For example the jaw lines on the faces, is should be a shade difference that creates the appearance of a jaw line not a line in itself. If that explains what I mean. Anyways kudos for sharing and stick with the art. But don't expect to go anywhere with it and please don't get into actual college classes until your at least 5x better.

Sorry for the truth everyone else is to afraid to say.
edit on 11-5-2013 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

Artists are individuals, and aren't following rules when creating their work, because THEY make the rules; it's THEIR art. So, your biased criticism of her work is just your opinion, not some #ing instruction manual she "MUST" be following. If painters went by your standards on what "art is," we wouldn't have the Mona Lisa, or the famous painting "The Scream." What you call "crap," others might find a masterpiece, and become auctioned off in the millions.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by qualm91

I had just the opposite problems for years!

I remember back in high school going over abstracts and I just wanted to do detail.

I found out later on that without having that abstract ability I couldn't put things together.

Might I suggest you start thinking about your world in abstracts?
Instead of the tree, look at the space it encounters.

I dunno, thats just what popped in...I go back to drinking my coffee now ... lol

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

The authority on art apparently. At least she's creating. It's good to give honest feedback, but I think you sounded a bit condescending. Look at Picasso. Dude couldn't get dimensions right.

And as far as art classes go, I've learned that if your teacher hates it, you're on the right track. Art is purely subjective.

Can we see some of your artwork? I won't bash it purely out of spite, honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join