It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of My Art

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have been inspired to share some of my artwork after spending some time in the Art Forum.

In viewing Piqual3because14's paintings, and Starwise's digital artwork and also GreyEagle and Skulla's work - I wanted to share.

This piece is a portrait of my youngest child - it's a newborn portrait (he was born just shy of 10pds).

These next two pieces are also portrait art of famous people.

Here is Audrey

Kiera Knightly.

And here is a doodle of mine that just befits ATS.

Don't be too harsh. I've never shared my artwork before. Thanks.

Cirque

edit on 11-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: pic removed

edit on 11-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: removed info

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Hey good job!
Keep at it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Great drawings!

Love the last one!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That technique reminds me this video

...and that one is a little bit Gauguinian

edit on 11-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Your art is amazing. Can't wait to see you have your own gallery. The baby picture got me good. Keep up the great work.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I would give anything to have your talent, great job!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Cool pictures!
I think people are the hardest to draw. I can see Audrey but maybe not so much kiera if you asked me without telling the title.. Maybe it's just the small details. Faces are so complex.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I really enjoyed the art videos.

I enjoy faces. I do other artwork to, but the human face fascinates me. I'll even lose interest and forget to draw the rest of the body and clothes if I'm not careful to leave part of the face to finish, before working on the rest of the body! As you can see with Audrey.

Thanks!
Cirque

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I love them all,you really are talented.

Oh please draw more and I guess you can implement them on canvas.

Thank you Cirque for sharing them.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I like your Art. Good for you! Hope you post more. My avatar is a composite of some of my own work. Art. it's good for the soul!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Great drawings!

Love the last one!

I knew someone would get a kick out of that one.

Here's one more just for you, DarkBlade.

Member alien art.

Cirque

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
really people I know you want to be nice and supportive of what she does, but that art is not good. I say this only because it frustrating to get stuck in actual art classes with these people, and come out with only a grade higher, knowing full and well your art is 10x better than theirs. You need to lose the lines, figure out transitions in shading which create the line you make. For example the jaw lines on the faces, is should be a shade difference that creates the appearance of a jaw line not a line in itself. If that explains what I mean. Anyways kudos for sharing and stick with the art. But don't expect to go anywhere with it and please don't get into actual college classes until your at least 5x better.

Sorry for the truth everyone else is to afraid to say.
edit on 11-5-2013 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
I like your Art. Good for you! Hope you post more. My avatar is a composite of some of my own work. Art. it's good for the soul!

Those are really interesting pieces in your Avatar.

I wish I could work with material in that sort of way. When I was growing up my mother did ceramics. She had a kiln and we poured the molds and everything. I disliked the way it dried my hands out though, and never cared for clay for similar reasons. But painting the ceramics! I loved it. I was usually drawing comics though. I was a big time Wolverine and X-Men fan before they hit the big screen.

My husband does woodwork. He's quite talented at it to. He has a wand I'd do anything to claim as my own, as I'd slice a finger off trying to do that sort of woodwork!

Thanks,
Cirque

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
really people I know you want to be nice and supportive of what she does, but that art is not good. I say this only because it frustrating to get stuck in actual art classes with these people, and come out with only a grade higher, knowing full and well your art is 10x better than theirs. You need to lose the lines, figure out transitions in shading which create the line you make. For example the jaw lines on the faces, is should be a shade difference that creates the appearance of a jaw line not a line in itself. If that explains what I mean. Anyways kudos for sharing and stick with the art. But don't expect to go anywhere with it and please don't get into actual college classes until your at least 5x better.

Thank you for the critique. Much appreciated.

ETA: I don't plan on going to college for art. I draw because it makes me happy and it's therapeutically beneficial for me. I'm pushing 40 years old, four young children, and I've been to college. I went medical. Anything extra I choose in college was philosophy, comparative religion, and ethics classes. I was just sharing my art to the community, I don't plan nor never had I ever planned to making my living from art. I draw because I like to.

Peace,
Cirque
edit on 11-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: unfair short response

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724

You'd better not be an art teacher...

Sounds like you missed the point...

...incidentally, re: line work...
Scope the surface of a flat plane, and tell me what you 'see'...chances are, you will see a line (when looking across it)...2D representation relies on tricking the eye (and therefore the brain) into 'seeing' 3dimensionality...a line is a legitimate way to represent this (shading, being made by many lines)...shading is more appropriate for describing light/dark areas (but not exclusively)...it is the 'quality' of the line that renders it more, or less faithful (this, of course, when trying to describe in a one to one relationship (incidentally, moot...since the fashion in which the information reaches the brain is far from one to one))...

5x better, 10x better?!...how would you measure this?

I say, keep up the good work...

Å99

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Your are welcome. Go forward. The more art you create, the better you feel. And get some Paint Shop Pro! Nothing is funner than taking what you make and making it even more, through the magic of science!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I believe the reference to 5x, 10X, 1,000,000,000X 'better' refers in some way to a 'grade' associated with a 'college', it's a way of ensuring that each student doesn't do 'too' much better than the next student. In this country, grading on the curve is known as 'higher education' .Art without lines? I believe that is referred to as primer.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
reply to post by akushla99

I believe the reference to 5x, 10X, 1,000,000,000X 'better' refers in some way to a 'grade' associated with a 'college', it's a way of ensuring that each student doesn't do 'too' much better than the next student. In this country, grading on the curve is known as 'higher education' .Art without lines? I believe that is referred to as primer.

'Doing better'!?...it is a problem when applying a scale of proficiency to a very personal expression...who can judge personal expression? Who exactly can tell me what looks good, tastes good, feels good?...

The 'reference' is naiive in the belief that it can be measured in any way...as an art teacher, I've always bucked this ridiculousness...

Å99

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Very nice. I always wanted to be able to draw--could never do it. I don't think (for some of us)
it is a talent your can learn--you either can or cannot.

You can...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
Cool pictures!
I think people are the hardest to draw. I can see Audrey but maybe not so much kiera if you asked me without telling the title.. Maybe it's just the small details. Faces are so complex.

Thanks.

Here is one, a celebrity, and I won't tell you the name. See if you can guess who she is.

I never quite finished this one. But it's one of my last one's left of celebrity art I have.

Cirque

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join