It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeeKlassified

People like this lady sign up because they want to defend their country. Not because they want to fight in illegal wars that kill millions of innocent people, all for money and power.

Correction – People like this lady likely sign up to provide for their family (free healthcare, free housing, stable check, etc).

All soldiers have been lied to, no soldier signed up for all those illegal wars, it's the people in charge of the army that should be put in jail.

All civilians have been lied to, too. And I agree, people who violate the constitution and break laws should be put in jail.

Let's invade Afghanistan etc, to prevent terrorism etc, rubbish, the USA cannot protect it's people from terrorism, you only have to look at 9/11 and other supposed 'terrorist' attacks, the USA government were completely useless at protecting it's people, and invading countries will only increase terrorism, not reduce it. But we all know who the real terrorists are anyway.
Not to minimize the loss of 9/11 at all but…it hasn’t happen since in a significant manner, has it?

I have no sympathy for soldiers that die in Afghanistan etc, because they are fighting for all the wrong reasons, they are not 'heroes'. They will only get my respect if the country is invaded and they protect us from the invasion, not for invading other countries illegally.

I didn’t serve to gain your respect.

Make peace, not war...

When there is a group of people who seek to impose their will on others (there always is – even within this country) it should be fought against. Tyranny cannot exist alongside peace. You must sacrifice life and limb to secure peace. Thank GOD there are people willing to do that…with or without your respect!!

edit on 12-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
Think her legal advice on this matter was nonexistent. She probably relied on taking advice from idiots instead. A chaplain isn't legal advice.

The Marie Claire piece referenced several times earlier in the thread explains exactly where she got her legal advice. The internet. Her husband went web surfing, trying to find a way to get her out, and found a Canadian anti-war group that told them to come on up north. Zoom, off they go.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
the chaplain should be conscripted for that trip to mars. he should get high priority for that.
regardless of why she joined the army, after experiencing iraks nightmare her mental attitude was enlightened to the barbaric nature of the whole occupation. naturally any intelligent person with a slight degree of feeling would want out. her jail sentence is just a power trip by the mongrels running the US country.

wait, move over chaplain, make room for bush and obama.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Think her legal advice on this matter was nonexistent. She probably relied on taking advice from idiots instead. A chaplain isn't legal advice.

The Marie Claire piece referenced several times earlier in the thread explains exactly where she got her legal advice. The internet. Her husband went web surfing, trying to find a way to get her out, and found a Canadian anti-war group that told them to come on up north. Zoom, off they go.

*facepalm*

Why am I not surprised...
I can tell she was probably under the impression that the military is this huge prison camp that can't be negotiated with in the normal way. 'Trying to find a way to get her out'... good grief. Either that or she didn't consider them worthy of anything more than a view of her backside receding swiftly into the distance.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

the chaplain should be conscripted for that trip to mars. he should get high priority for that. regardless of why she joined the army, after experiencing iraks nightmare her mental attitude was enlightened to the barbaric nature of the whole occupation.

It’s IRAQ not IRAK.

Enlightened, huh??

naturally any intelligent person with a slight degree of feeling would want out. her jail sentence is just a power trip by the mongrels running the US country. wait, move over chaplain, make room for bush and obama.

So only non-intelligent people served in Iraq and Afghanistan (or Vietnam, or Korea, or Italy, or Germany, Or France, etc)?

ATS always interests me because of members like you. It’s almost like going to a zoo and seeing animals/insect/reptiles I’ve never seen or heard of.

FYI - There are plenty of great minds in the US military...some are/have been CEO's of big corps after service and some have continued to serve and even been POTUS.

edit on 12-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
her jail sentence is just a power trip by the mongrels running the US country.

Your Intellect leaves ALLOT to be desired. This has Nothing to do with Mongrels on a Power trip.

It is about Violating The Uniform Code Of Military Justice.

Let's say IF you are pulled over for driving 70mph in a 55mph zone, are you going to say the officer writing the ticket is a Power Hungry Mongrel

Of Course Not. Why?, because you Broke The Law.

This is No different.

edit on 12-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

If it were up to me I'd revoke her citizenship and send her back to Canada after she serves her time.

thank god it'snot up to you then. Canada has already said she is NOT WANTED. scum of the earth like her should not be allowed back after trying to abuse the refugee status that is in place to take people who are suffering from LEGITIMATE concerns, not those who run away because they want to break a contract they knowingly signed.

maybe Europe would like her? any takers for people like this, people who are likely to abuse the system?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
There's validity to both sides of the argument, and as usual the truth exists somewhere comfortably in the middle.

Did she turn over her rights by enlisting? She sure did. All it takes to find this out is a little research. Don't like the idea of giving up almost all your rights as a human being to a governmental entity that at this point is controlled by large corporate and banking institutions? Don't sign up.

Is the US military in hundreds of foreign countries in defense of their homeland? Nope. They're defending poppy fields for big pharma. They're defending oil fields for the UAE. They're defending lithium deposits for Chinese corporate entities. I could continue the list, but considering that there are hundreds of American bases across the world, it would take more than 5,000 characters to list them. This really should be common knowledge by now. Don't like the idea of defending resources for corporate entities? Don't sign up.

Are you poor and "need the money?" Ok, but just don't get angry when you discover exactly who you're working for and what exactly you're defending. There are endless other ways to make a buck in the USA. Don't sign up.

Think war is just good guys versus bad guys, and that there is no collateral damage, ever? Well then you're just a dumbass who has never picked up a history book.

Does some of the blame rest on military recruitment techniques? Sure, but only a little. They make it sound like fun; go learn skills, travel the world, bla bla bla, come home with money, get a great job. Only fools believe this nonsense, however. Don't sign up unless you understand and are comfortable with the truth of war. People die. You can die. You may kill children. You may get half your face blown off or far, far worse. That's reality. Accept it, or...don't sign up.

Conclusions: 1. The military is not a force of peace and prosperity in the world, at least not for the "common" man. That's probably why they carry firearms. 2. She got what she signed up for, pregnant or not, and ignorance of the truth is not an excuse, or at best its a lame excuse.

You know what I did when I thought about joining? I did research. I read history. I wanted to be a Ranger, I was pretty sure I was tough enough because I had spent half my life living in the woods at that point, but didn't want to give complete control of my life to someone else, and I certainly didn't want to be a pawn in a larger game I would never really be fully aware of. What did I do, even though I was broke? I didn't sign up. Problem avoided.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Ty for the enlightening info...she really relied on the internet for advice?? What a dumbo. I understand though, you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

Note: I didn't see the Marie Claire link. The first few pages was filled with hatred that some ATS members may want to seek professional help with. Think I even seen a response that was along the lines of them Westboro church fellas. So I skipped to the end...my bad.

TY,
-CN

...why she wouldn't seek free advice from the military legal freaks is beyond me.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeOldBrew

Does some of the blame rest on military recruitment techniques? Sure, but only a little. They make it sound like fun; go learn skills, travel the world, bla bla bla, come home with money, get a great job. Only fools believe this nonsense, however. Don't sign up unless you understand and are comfortable with the truth of war. People die. You can die. You may kill children. You may get half your face blown off or far, far worse. That's reality. Accept it, or...don't sign up.

That pretty much sums it up…the rest is your narrative…and you’re entitled.

Those of us who make a choice do so voluntarily (which is just as valid a choice as yours not to). So no matter where we each stand on the merits of service, it is an individual CHOICE.

One thing we can ALL agree on (OK…not ALL but MOST) is that once you commit to something and receive your payout you’re obligated to provide YOUR END of the deal. Running away and leaving the country is entirely NOT living up to HER end of the deal! This idiot wasn’t told to shoot children!!

Meh…..

Thoughtful post BTW!!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Disregard.
edit on 12-5-2013 by StrangeOldBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here is your contract...... You shovel feces for a year and you are paid 1 million dollars for it, but if within this year if you decide to quit or opt out, one of your arms gets chopped off..... How many people would sign this contract? I am betting a lot of people out there would...... Should being a pregnant women make you exempt from the law and the contract you have signed?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The dice role and bounce of the wall to the right,and one hits another and they collide finally revealing the numbers, that spell evil!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I sympathize with the woman, but why join the military -- an organization whose main mission is to crush, kill and destroy, and which places its minions in harm's way -- if you are the mother of four? Moreover, why join in the first place, a criminal organization that is involved in several illegal, unconstitutional wars? Then there's the fact that like one third of US female military personnel get sexually assaulted in the military and often have little recourse. Might as well join a gang; the money is better.

Likewise, I didn't get all the enthusiasm over the recent change in military policy to allow women in combat positions. That's a good thing???

edit on 12-5-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You where right the first time and only because she had no choice most of the men in our country are in prison because our folksiness laws take them nine at a time every single day in our country, because frankly it's impossible to live in this sissy stupid -country without breaking one law or another, and it's because all our false 911- Calls!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why not just give her a dishonorable discharge and no pay for her previous service and let her move on with her life?? Instead the tax payer once again foots the bill and is punished too to house all these AWOL's in prison. What a broken system.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

it is to make an example of her. do what we say (even killing kids) or else.

i have a lot of respect for military personnel and their sacrifices, but these recent sacrifices are unnecessary. our men and women are being used for the benefit of a few.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

She'll get all of the above.

She will also be an example to those who violate the UCMJ. No broken process here.... Hopefully the other gals will use the system to protect them instead of the internet.

The military justice system is night and day different than any civilian one.

But we all understand your feelings. Does seem like a waste of money.
Edit: It really is a waste of money. But discipline is the UCMJ ultimate goal.

edit on 12-5-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join