It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity (agreement/harmony) versus Separation (disagreement/individuality) - need more individuality!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
For many thousands of years, humans have been living in unity. It is unity in the sense of conformity - doing what is told - living following social rules instead of being themselves. Some people will say "we live in separation because of all of the apathy and wars". Well, these people are just following orders. The apathy comes from not wanting to help people because they don't want to stand out among the others. The wars comes from not speaking out against it and just going with authority.

Without any soldiers to fight the wars, there would be no wars.

Reality is ONE. This is truth. This is a spiritual revelation. However, that does not mean that ONE isn't an individual within this ONE thing called Reality.

A painting is ONE. It is whole, there is no need to separate the colors because the colors blend together to form the picture. However, that does not mean that the colors aren't individuals (red, blue, green). It is by being individuals that the whole picture can be made.

People believe that we should all sacrifice individual to become ONE.

This is incorrect from my perspective, we should all be individual and understand that our individual fits into the WHOLE as all the different colors fit to form the entire picture.

Rebellion/Difference is the key.
Difference creates contrast between to ideas or actions.
Without "this" and "that" within this ONE WHOLE. The ONE WHOLE would be dead. It would have no movement. It would just be frozen. Just as a painting of a single shade and color is not a painting at all. It is just a "red" canvas (or whatever color you chose).

edit on 11-5-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I was just thinking about this today when contemplating something.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It is my belief that part of this existence as we are experiencing it is meant to observe unity from outside of unity. That is to say, to observe unity from individualistic perspective, because there are some things we must learn that we can't learn as part of unity, only apart from it.

Some things are better appreciated or noticed by looking from outside. We're too busy having fun with individuality to realize what we're supposed to be doing, though.

edit on 11-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I have waited patiently for someone to take on the "we are one, give up your ego," mantra floating around here so much of late. Without ego, then whatever I achieve or produce you can claim as your own effort. Wihout ego, there are no boundaries, separation or reognition of the individual, and their uniqueness and different experiences than you. Without ego, it is quite possible, even probable that there is also no conscience.

We haven't fought all these wars, committed the violence to each other, raped each other, or fought it out because we have ego, because we are not all one consciousnes in our minds, rendering our bodies just a shell for that one conscsiousness to inhabit over and over again. And if this were a testing ground, there would be no need for a test, if that one is all that there is inside us.

We can be diverse, individuals, different and still be equal and equally respected as living beings. Individuality is not what we identify with that creates all the anger and insecurity and pain behind violence done to one another.
IMHO. We are each defined by being individuals, reacting differently, and all it takes for peace is a recognition of another living being you did not want to hurt just because they aren't the same as you.
Notice the difference of my usage of the terms "same" and "equal," for these are not interchangeable. We are not as the same one: We are, however, of equal value as living beings.

And just one thing I would remind you of in a great OP: The sum of its parts are greater than the whole. This is about the essence of our soul, that indefineable, indestsrictive thing that sets the electrical impulse tha autonomically in the nervous system tells our heart to beat. We are much, much more than that and it isn''t really science that will nail down the physics of that miracle.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I like this idea. Instead of trying to make everyone the same and get rid of their ego and individuality; we accept everyone's personality as equal human beings and we also accept ourselves.

Equality or Sameness. Sameness is death. It is contrast and variation which creates life and movement. So, equality of all as equals (not taking advantage of others and so forth) is the best bet for a NATURALLY harmonious world (instead of a forced harmony where all are forced to be one way so we can be "ONE").

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Even as you know yourself to be one with all, and you identify yourself as what you see, you still retain your individuality because what you see is not seen the same way by any other.

The approaches to unity in regards to perspective are two. One involves putting your perspective above all others and calling the perspective and the objects of perception within that perspective the true self. The other involves the open examination of other perspectives to try to get a broader view of the self as that which is beyond and also equally part of the perspective. Individuality is recognized in both approaches.

Even in the consideration of others' perspectives, your perspective still filters that information. Your individuality is retained. But you are open to change of mind if your current perspective is inconsistent with truth. You are considerate and you are a good listener. You are not arrogant with this approach.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by tetra50

I like this idea. Instead of trying to make everyone the same and get rid of their ego and individuality; we accept everyone's personality as equal human beings and we also accept ourselves.

Who is it that is "trying to make everyone the same"?

Also, I do not understand how being ego-less (assuming this is possible) eliminates one's individuality. The hypothetical ego-less person still inhabits a unique physical body along with a distinctive mental and emotional make-up.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Even as you know yourself to be one with all, and you identify yourself as what you see, you still retain your individuality because what you see is not seen the same way by any other.

Wow. I just understood this in a new way. Even if you try not to identity yourself and you just staying "watching" what is - you are still individual because your perspective of seeing what is - is not exactly the same as another.

One major difference is this. If a human is just seeing "what is" without labeling and a dog is doing the same - their eyes,ears, nose is still different they perceive different the same is with the slight differences among humans.

If you feel like you are "one with all" that is YOUR experience from your perspective but other humans may not be feeling that same exact perspective.

This idea of "sacrificing individuality for complete nothing" is an illusion because no matter what it is still "filter" (as you say).

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think the NWO want to assign every person a unique colour from birth and have them blend with the other colours according to the rules they assign. What im getting at is can individual be a artifical creation as well as a natural creation. If it can be artifically created then surely it can be controlled without the individual being the wise he/she are really just puppets on strings.
edit on 13-5-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If they are telling everyone to be "different" and do "this", "this", and "that", then it is no longer individualistic thinking it is following another.

I'm talking about being the individual you want to be. Sure, there are influences in the world, but I don't think that matters. If you don't like something - then you don't like it. No matter how much the media advertises "chocolate ice cream" and how good it is and how badly you should try it, if you don't like the taste, it doesn't matter if everyone else does, you will flow your own heart as an individual.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If they are telling everyone to be "different" and do "this", "this", and "that", then it is no longer individualistic thinking it is following another.

I'm talking about being the individual you want to be. Sure, there are influences in the world, but I don't think that matters. If you don't like something - then you don't like it. No matter how much the media advertises "chocolate ice cream" and how good it is and how badly you should try it, if you don't like the taste, it doesn't matter if everyone else does, you will flow your own heart as an individual.

I like chocolate icecream. Anyone who doesnt like it is not a individual.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Anybody who does not agree with me is not an individual

We all have our different preferences on what we like and do not like. These differences within are what makes people individual.

If we all agreed, it'll be just one huge collective society, there will be no room for growth, learning, and expansion since all would think the same.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Anybody who does not agree with me is not an individual

We all have our different preferences on what we like and do not like. These differences within are what makes people individual.

If we all agreed, it'll be just one huge collective society, there will be no room for growth, learning, and expansion since all would think the same.

I have made a filtering test to identify individuals

whats your faviourate colour?
What icecream do you like?
Do you have tattoes?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I have an even better test for determining individuality. Do I know what you are thinking or feeling at the time that I am typing this? No, I do not. Therefore, I am individualized. I have my own thoughts which are the thoughts of no one else, I have my own tastes and emotions which are the tastes and emotions of no one else. Others may have tastes and emotions identical to mine, but not specifically because I also have them. Their stimuli are unique to them, their motivations are unique to them, their positions in relation to those stimuli and hence their reactions to those stimuli are unique to them, just as mine are unique to me.

I am an individual because my processes operate independently of any other living creature on this earth.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

.One major difference is this. If a human is just seeing "what is" without labeling and a dog is doing the same - their eyes,ears, nose is still different they perceive different the same is with the slight differences among humans.

If you feel like you are "one with all" that is YOUR experience from your perspective but other humans may not be feeling that same exact perspective.

This idea of "sacrificing individuality for complete nothing" is an illusion because no matter what it is still "filter" (as you say).

You say above 'If a human is just seeing 'what is' without labelling......' If you forget about all labels right now, all descriptions, all next and before. What are you? Are you a thing'?
The issue is that human individuals believe that they are a thing. You only become a thing when you imagine yourself in mind. Minding makes believe things. Right here and right now is the full image of what is - appearing. That whole image can be chopped up into bits but the image is one.
You divide yourself out of the one full image and play in a dream made of time - this is always done presently.
The labels divide the whole into bits and then the labels help build a pretend world in which the divided live.
Nothing is separate to presence - there is only presence but presence dreams a dream of separation. There's nothing wrong about it - it is just what happens.
edit on 13-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, what you are saying is true. We are a part of the whole reality as one and separation isn't needed, however there is a lot of value with keeping an individualized thinking while living as a human on this planet.

Understanding that we are "one" with the reality will not help people pay their bills or help support their families. Understand ourselves to be different people will help promote a sense of fairness which will motivate people to speak out and protect others (mostly the defenseless people who can't help themselves) from abusive people who likes to take advantage of others.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I have an even better test for determining individuality. Do I know what you are thinking or feeling at the time that I am typing this? No, I do not. Therefore, I am individualized. I have my own thoughts which are the thoughts of no one else, I have my own tastes and emotions which are the tastes and emotions of no one else. Others may have tastes and emotions identical to mine, but not specifically because I also have them. Their stimuli are unique to them, their motivations are unique to them, their positions in relation to those stimuli and hence their reactions to those stimuli are unique to them, just as mine are unique to me.

I am an individual because my processes operate independently of any other living creature on this earth.

It is all just happening.
Each flower and each tree does what it does. Each body/mind does what it does. Whatever it is - tree, human, flower etc is doing what it does - the tree does not think it 'has' a life. The flower does not have a life - the flower is aliveness living. The human individual believes it 'has' a life - it does not grasp that it is being done along with everything else, it is life. This is life, this is aliveness. Yet there is a belief that you 'have a life' so there appears to be something extra added that is not real, it can get heavy.
Leaves appear out of trees and words appear out of humans - no one is doing it. It is all just happening - it works very well indeed. It does not need anyone to do it but there is an idea that there is a 'you' that has a life - there isn't - there is just aliveness.
It is all just happening.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Understanding that we are "one" with the reality will not help people pay their bills or help support their families. Understand ourselves to be different people will help promote a sense of fairness which will motivate people to speak out and protect others (mostly the defenseless people who can't help themselves) from abusive people who likes to take advantage of others.

All of the above just happens. All is just happening - presently, always presently.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Clearing your mind of preconceptions and contexts from past experiences is cool. But what happens after that is you create a fresh conception and add new context. Of.course, if one is vigilant, this too will be cleared. Nevertheless, it is a very helpful excercise. However, what is revealed is not the true, ultimate form of the self. For after the clearing, the new conceptualization takes place immediately. Its just how the mortal mind works.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The problem with this is though is you've taken an idea and stereotyped it so that it seems unattractive what you don't realize is that we already sort of live in a unified society. We are actually already blending unification with individuality. There is a little piece for everyone. For example in tv shows you will have one friend who wants to be a single female woman and another who wants a man in her life. Although the one tries to convert the other to her beliefs at the end of the day they accept those differences in eachother.

That's where this can flourish if we learn that we all work toward a greater tomorrow while accepting what makes us different we can live in a paradise.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join