It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia Economist Dr. Jeffrey Sachs speaks candidly on monetary reform .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"“...we have a system that is out of control right now, that's politically out of control, regulatorily out of control, out of legal bounds, out of responsibility ….. “ --- Dr. Sachs

Concerning Wall Street: "I regard the moral environment as pathological". -- Dr. Sachs

But really ..... is monetary reform the central issue? Or is it only a symptom of the systemic corruption of the entire federal system? A federal system that is attacking our citizens, our liberties, our property on a daily basis? Could there be a more perfect example of "US Political Madness"?

Can the federal government be saved, or is it really time to hit the "reset" button?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EricR

I really believe that a reset button needs to be hit. Federal laws have gotten so convoluted and long that at any given time you or I could be violating a felony. Many politicians use vague wording or synonyms for words so that they can justify doing things that the Constitution clearly says they aren't allowed to do. We need term limits for all of Congress (something like 2 terms for a Senator and maybe 5 for the HoR). These are just a few things of that should be done or fixed to relimit the powers of our Government.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

join