It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uruk Rises Again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There is an article here on a digital re-construction of a most amazing building of Uruk, which puzzles in it's uniqueness, employing the earliest usage of mosaic pattern, we can have a look at that here and i'll identify the building and its function.

The digital model of this and other structures is now showcased at the exciting exhibition Uruk: 5000 Years of the Megacity that marks the 100th anniversary of the first excavations at Uruk

Uruk Rises Again

Today, little is known with certainty about the purpose and function of this early representative architecture, among which the so-called “Stone-Cone Building” is perhaps one of the most puzzling.

The construction technique utilised on this building is without parallel, and is found neither in Uruk itself nor anywhere else in the world. While all other buildings in the region use mud brick as the primary building material, its walls are made up of an artificial cement-like material that was applied, layer after layer.

Thousands of carefully formed and perforated slabs of ceramic were placed in-between each layer in order to provide the basis for the outer plastering, while, within the plastering, hundreds of thousands of coloured stone cones were set into the walls in geometric patterns to make up the mosaic decoration of the building.

Here is the digital re-construction;

Like i mentioned then is that all it is known is that it is within the E-ana district of Uruk, the sacred precinct of Inanna.

However, there was a Temple known as the E-igizu-uru (House, your face is mighty) sacred to Ninshubur/Nincubur, servant of Inanna, which would also be found in the E-Ana precinct.

O E-igizu-uru (House, your face is mighty), with plenty coming from within, your treasury is a mountain of abundance. House, your fragrance is a mound of vines. Your true minister is a leader in heaven. House, your princess is prominent among the gods, the true minister of E-ana who holds a holy sceptre in her hand. Nincubur, the true minister of E-ana, has erected a house in your precinct, O E-akkil (House of lamentation), and taken her seat upon your dais.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

Perhaps more properly, with regards to the patterns representing vines;

e sim-zu kur-gestin-na (House, your pleasing color is (like) mounds of vines)

The name of the Temple would be with reference to the facings, it served as a Treasury House overseen by Ninshubur, who also had a House of Lamentation in the precinct with regards to her role in rescuing Inanna from the Underworld.

My faithful minister of the E-ana, my Ninšubur of the E-ana, (you said "I, the august minister of the universe, I, Ninšubur of the universe, the faithful minister of the Anuna gods, Ninšubur of the Anuna gods, the faithful minister, the personal god of the Land, Ninšubur, the personal god of the Land, the faithful minister, the mother of the Land, Ninšubur, the mother of the Land

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#

I will soothe hearts, I will soothe spirits. I will appease the Anuna gods ....... I, who am to serve -- I, the tutelary deity, who am to serve ......, I will make the young lady, Inana, born in the shining mountains, rejoice. I, the lady, ......, will make her rejoice. I will soothe hearts, I will soothe spirits. I will appease the Anuna gods ......." This is how the lady celebrated in Akkil.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

In effect the E-Akkil was a City within a city, serving as a Treasure House for the Minister of the Universe and the Anuna Gods...a truly great building.

edit on 11-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Very good layout. I like all the ancient stuff. S&F

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Hi Kant.

Quote: The name of the Temple would be with reference to the facings, it served as a Treasury House overseen by Ninshubur, who also had a House of Lamentation in the precinct with regards to her role in rescuing Inanna from the Underworld.

You should be right in this regard and concerning your pattern of thought that stays in the same culture your conclusion seems correct to me.

Maybe you could provide an explanation/translation for your last picture because the shown building material from your chain of evidence could be taken as the "wealth".
The site you linked to is lacking the translation too unfortunately and what stuck out for me most in the pic were the "Biberschwänze" what would translate to "beaver tails".
Those could further the assumption of onlookers here that "beaver tails" and "wood" and "reed bundles" were the riches hoarded there, What shouldn't be the case because the building was no "storeroom" - or was it?

Shouldn't be the right place - or? But vine as in grapes/wine could lead to that assumption too - no? To provide the Gods and Goddesses (and their Minister naturally) with some special "food" and other "requirements" - no offense to "Ninšubur" here but the girly Goddess was no prude concerning "bad" habits when it came to hitting the sauce and guzzling it down.

The construction of the walls could give a hint to that. As I was not able to watch the vid maybe you can provide some info on that. Had the walls - due to their very special construction - special abilities?

In the legend of the map you posted is a very little mistake that might no one bother but me.
The "Riemchen Building" and the "Round Pillar Hall" are both listed as "RB" in the legend.
The "Round Pillar Hall" instead should be listed as "RP" so that it could be found.

Nice thread!

A

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

Hi Ansar,

the materials seen in the bottom photo were all building materials used in the construction, they are not the treasure.

As to what that treasure was, the patterns would be reflective of this, the treasure flowed outward from within and provided a mountain of abundance.

Vines of course can produce an outward flowing of wine, but they are also symbolic of trans-generational inter-relationships...or breeding for short.

...with plenty coming from within, your treasury is a mountain of abundance.

There are some who compare the treasure house of Ninsubur with that of Kubera in Hinduism, his included a menagerie of curious hybrid creatures amongst its treasures of the Earth...this might be stretching things a little..Ninsubur as 'The Mother of the Land' without ever giving birth.

Lady, good seed of the Land, minister of An! Minister of An, mother Nincubur!

As if you were a fecund ewe caring for its lambs, a fecund goat caring for its kids, or a fertile bearing mother caring for her children, through your powers folds are erected and pens are fenced off. In the folds erected through your powers and in the pens fenced off through your powers,

sites.google.com...

Watch the video when you can and we can discuss the patterns.

edit on 11-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Dna & Lightning!

Genetic structure and Energy.

Temple & Spirit.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Anybody catch the name Ricardo Eichmann in the credits? I had to look him up, knowing that Adolf Eichmann lived in South America for a long time.

www.independent.co.uk... erless-son-of-the-nazi-war-criminal-hanged-in-israel-1595146.html

"I am Ricardo Eichmann. I suppose you all know the significance of the name Eichmann. Adolf Eichmann was my father. If you think that means I am a Nazi, then you had better leave now because I can assure you I am not."

edit on 11-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Dear Kant I think you misread my post. Please try again.

You didn't answer my question concerning the construction of the walls and due to my above mentioned inability to watch vids at the moment whenever it pleases me I won't be able to take part in that proposed pattern discussion.

To sum it up - my suggestion concerning the building went more in the direction of "godly requirements" and not so much earthly riches.

And the "minister" of the gods changed sometimes his gender so giving birth and still staying a virgin should be not such a problem for her/him.

Greetings

A

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Man, you are awesome. I will be going through this when I have more time but it's lovely to see so much interest and expertise in this area of study.

I have a feeling that everybody will know the names and places of that culture pretty soon.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

The vines is largely poetic metaphor for the way the patterns covered and appeared to climb all over the building, i can't see how this would relate to any kind of 'special food'

reply to post by Manunnaki

The patterns that cover the building date back to the early Neolithic Period, and were used with regards to what i have considered as 'breeding programmes'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by Cuervo

You could be right, there are certain levels of expectancy, generally though for all the wrong reasons..you'll appreciate this though

edit on 12-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Since you seem not to be willing to change your convers(ati)onal style I fear we won't get far here.

Again you did not answer my question(s).

You came to your conclusion about the de/sign/ated [sic!] purpose of this very special building by following the vines.
You think that the riches hoarded/guarded there belonged to the human populace.

I just proposed that the group of beneficiaries were not human.
Given the "one world only" construction pattern of the building this doesn't seem far fetched - or?

The other cities had earthly riches too but they needed no building like this.
And here is the minister(ess) of the gods doing his/her administration duties.
For whom do you think? A "one world only" "person" like him/her?

And about the poetic metaphor of the vine that you seem to think is limiting the possibilities of interpretation...
What could be more mundane than a tablet? But when you talk about ME this seems to become a divine thing.
So I don't follow your chain of thought here but I also didn't oppose it in principal.

I just volunteered to widen the path through the vines for you a little bit more.

A

edit on 12/5/2013 by Ansar because: edition

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

About the Star vid.
I still can't watch it as I told you.
This time my watching abilities are limited by some stupid law.
So you shouldn't trust so much in some link to make a point for you.

Though it might earn you some stars around here.
Not from me. But I think you knew that - right?

Sorry

A

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
it might help to know that inanna was isis.

enmerkar, of the text, enmerkar and the lord of arrata, was nimrod, also known as egyptian narmer, who after his passing became osiris and laid the foundation for the post black sea flood pharanoic dynasty. (there was a pharaonic dynasty before the black sea flood, as well, that's why i stipulated "post black sea flood" )

it's a maze of names, criss crossing from egypt to mesopotamia, over the course of several hundred years and modified by culture and language barriers.

narmer set up his first pharaonic city at abydos after the failure at babilu. information on his biblical name, nimrod (which was a title not his real name), suggests that he had been changed physically to be a mighty one, which is biblical lingo for, he became a nephilim, a hybrid human-god, a god man, a pharaoh. that's what the story of nimrod is pointing to when it calls him a mighty one. not all mighty ones were bad. in fact, king david had an army of mighty ones, which was probably a reference to an egyptian army (if you consider david was a pharaoh that seems rather logical).

these prominent ancient figures are not isolated to one country. they were originally, rulers of multiple nations, simultaneously.

edit on 12-5-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

The beneficiaries were human because they got new and improved breeds of cows and goats and pigs and grain for cultivation and vines, and thus they multiplied and the City expanded and also it's religious centres the Houses of the Deities, and thus they also benefited...everyone was happy.

It wasn't unique in function, other cities had such centres;

E-ab-caga-la (House which stretches over the midst of the sea) built in a holy place, Gu-aba, your interior produces everything and is a well-established storehouse. Holy shrine, wild cow for which everything endures, your princess is Ninjagia, the magnificent ...... stewardess, the mighty ...... of father Enlil, who takes counsel with lord Nunamnir. Born in ......, ...... in the flood of the sea, like her ...... father a controller of the pure sea, holy Ninmarki has erected a house in your precinct, O house Gu-aba, and taken her seat upon your dais.

O Iri-kug (Holy city), shrine of holy An, which caused the human seed to come forth, called by a good name, within you is the river of ordeal which vindicates the just man. E-jalga-sud (House which spreads counsel far and wide), storehouse which eternally possesses silver and lapis lazuli, E-tar-sirsir, from which decisions and the divine powers come forth, where the hero performs obeisance, your princess, the merciful princess of the Land, is the mother of all lands. The lady, the great healer of the black-headed who determines the destiny of her city, the first-born daughter of holy An, the maiden, mother Bau, has erected a house in your precinct, O E-Iri-kug, and taken her seat upon your dais.

The House within the E-Ana would have been the most splendid and pre-eminent because it served the Goddess of Pro-creation.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

We are going in circles here.

Why would you bother with identifying the purpose of this unparalleled architecture when everyone should know it already - so that you can say that: "It wasn't unique in function, other cities had such centres"?

The 3rd line of the OP was:" ...i'll identify the building and its function."

The scientists say: "Today, little is known with certainty about the purpose and function of this early representative architecture, among which the so-called “Stone-Cone Building” is perhaps one of the most puzzling."

So they still don't know what purpose the unparalleled architecture of this house of abundance served and only had to look at other neighboring cities to know?

Why would the black headed people go through the task of this painstaking special construction method when also bricks would have build them a storehouse?

So this special painstaking special construction method should had served a special purpose that needed that kind of work and wasn't purely decorative because it affected the walls down to the core and the very special ingredients.

But it's still a nice evening around here so I will go out for a stroll and for good.

A

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
it might help to know that inanna was isis.

enmerkar, of the text, enmerkar and the lord of arrata, was nimrod, also known as egyptian narmer, who after his passing became osiris and laid the foundation for the post black sea flood pharanoic dynasty. (there was a pharaonic dynasty before the black sea flood, as well, that's why i stipulated "post black sea flood" )

it's a maze of names, criss crossing from egypt to mesopotamia, over the course of several hundred years and modified by culture and language barriers.

If there is any connection betwen Narmer and Nimrod (other than having a handful of the same letters in each name,) nobody has ever found it.

Obviously, you can believe whatever you feel is true, but everyone doesn't have that ability to ignore reality like you have.

Harte

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There are several clues, such as the grave goods at Abydos being of mesopotamian origin. The reason this is not common knowledge is because it suggests that the pharaonic dynasties were started, not by an egyptian, but by a mesopotamian, who had an egyptian mother and mesopotamian father.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Another thing you might find fascinating about the designs especially the ones that look like strands of dna.

Is that they are made from repeating Ingwaz runes from Anglo-Saxon library.

Which mean Fertility.
edit on 12-5-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

That's true and a good call, long live the Ingaevones...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Don't you just love history? You should we're all apart of it!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Well i certainly do, the pattern/ Ingwaz sign is associated with new beginings and bringing things to perfection, generation, in the case of the Yng through Frey and Freya.

Interesting to note then that the splendid mosaic patterns at Uruk are the worlds oldest example of mosaic, and this is the worlds oldest mural as it's painted on the worlds oldest known [adobe] brick wall, at Djade al-Mughara in Syria, around 11,000 years old.

Oldest mural

A little later you see variations of the same pattern at Catal Hoyuk;

It never really goes away, but then makes dramatic reappearance at Uruk.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join