30 day Challenge to Atheists - Confirm your Skepticism

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Why would I fear God? If you truly do not believe in a 'God' as described by self serving and narrow minded organised religions then there is nothing to fear in the slightest. I have had my own experiences and they are not related to a single 'God' as you would probably imagine. I have however experienced an almost divine and unconditional love for all mankind and this is something I will never forget. I was thinking at the time that perhaps this is what people describe as a religious experience. Well to me it was more of a reminder of who I am, the person I was before society and religion skewed my thoughts and behaviour.

What I am trying to say is that any true creator (or whatever you want to call it) would love his creation, and certainly would not judge and condemn, something religious fanatics seem to do all too quickly. Your test for me would be redundant, my test is continuous, each day I try to be loving, helpful and caring to all, even though sometimes I feel like ramming my head through a wall.....

I Suggest another test, instead of asking for 'God' to test you, why not test yourself. Tell yourself for 30 days you wont get frustrated in traffic, you wont loose your temper with those whom vex you. You will remember to breathe and you will forgive yourself of all those things that you have done which you know you shouldn't, to forgive ones own failures is so liberating. I recon this is a much better way to spend 30 days.

Oh BTW when vengeful God turns up and smites me for my ignorance I hope to be at a point where I can smile and embrace his wrath with peace, love and non judgement. X

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hahahahaha I had a similar experience where I was dragged out of bed by my right arm, my partner woke up with me shouting a few words of excitement. Weird huh?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Did that once, called out God. I was jogging through the desert a few miles from my home. It started to lightly rain, and as a joke to myself, not sure why I did, I said, "Is that all you got God"? It immeadiatley started to rain harder and I saw lightning striking a couple miles to the left and right of me. I was jogging on a trail under telephone poles. Never been more afraid in my entire life, nor have I ever ran faster.

I don't belong to any religion, but find things like the fibonacci sequence to miraculous to be just coincidence.

I look back on that desert run now and laugh if off as coincidence. I said the wrong thing at the right time.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

30 day Challenge to Atheists - Confirm your Skepticism

Yeah OK, ill bite on this one, so here goes my take on this little slice of insanity.

Ask for a test

"Asking for a test" is kind of like, asking for form of "judgement". That's a bad habit we all need to break “judgement”.

To be fair, perhaps you should ask your self, Can I prove something like this via "a personal realistic experience of proof"?

It doesn’t matter if your religious or not, the question would be “Can I see “Being” or God, in motion, right now ?”

Yes you can actually, minus all the judgmental stuff, just by accepting what is, and then from that point, move forward regardless of how epic your world may be messed up. How ?

You do this via your own personal experience. The trick is just knowing how to access it and that’s not to hard either. You don’t need to be this type of person or that type of person, you don’t need to join a special club or worship this or that either, best of all, you don’t even need to wait until Sunday to do it either.

We all have the natural ability to experience this absolutely free. If your a human "Being" you can do it as always, in this very moment, right now!

Watch for novelty events in your life (Things that do not normally happen).
Do not doubt. Keep your own words few and remain grounded in the knowledge that God will pull you through.

This step just seems slightly delusional, this is why I could never go along with religion in general.

Any reference to an external deity seems unrealistic, have you ever “Really, experienced any external god in any real world form?” no, and in all honesty even the most devout probably haven’t ever either regardless of jaded perspective. Not to mention your subtle underlying flavor of “you cant do anything, rely on a god to do it all for you..” the religious following, always makes me go a big rubbery one when I see this kind of miss interpretation.

Perhaps it would be more realistic and digestible if you put it this way,

"It is good to practice a sense of "Bind Faith" and healthy practical skepticism as you remain avidly present to what “Being” is revealing to you within any given moment, of what is, that arises. That is to say “As you experience this moment you will see rippling, always as “chance or karma” reflecting like a mirror back to you, based off your own actions and reactions to any given moment, usually this one .. right now."

“Being” or God as it is commonly miss identified, speaks to you always indirectly in this way.

Leave room for God to operate. Trying to solve the problem yourself will not end well. Leave room for God.

Translated: Slow down and stop your mind streaming, create the mind space to be able to experience “Being” as expressed in the last question that I point towards.

“Trying to solve the problem yourself will not end well.” that comment just screams negativity, this is ego talking in the background, this is not “Being” again it is simply “if you don’t rely on my god then you are doomed to failure”. Again, this is not “Being” that is ego.

Pray each moment that God fights your battle. Surrender to the process and allow God to show you the end as better than the beginning.

Translated: Just pay attention to your self and all that is going on in this moment. I wont even comment on the rest of it...

When the test is over, evaluate your own defect that caused the problem. Learn and grow from the experience.

wow! “your own defect that caused the problem”, could you be any more judgmental brother ?

Perhaps you could look at this another way for e.g.

If you cant experience this “God” as something real in your grounded reality maybe we can try other forms of logic, perhaps what you seek isn’t external, perhaps what you “think” is real, just … isn’t, convincing your self of something that just doesn’t exists is simple minded insanity.

Its precisely why we are stuck within this mental retardation condemned to relive and rehash the same old cycle of egoistic insanity.

That is “IF” we choose to live this way.

But some of us don’t, in fact most of us are kind of tired of the epic failure of the old system, lets face it its just not working.. so the real question is, when will YOU figure out that the old ways just aren’t working for you?

I dunno bout you but I’m tired of the old mind set of whatever every other sheep sets as the norm, you should accept it just because all the other sheep re-enforce the same retarded (in the sense that it is not taking us forward) views.

Your old repeated reality which is insane after all, obviously hasn’t been working out for 6 billion or so of us so far has it ... perhaps what we need is a real change, and not the kind that Obama preaches about

enough, I'm out,

Muzz

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
I have followed this path many times. I already know the answer.

then what did happen exactly. would you share your experience. our life is itself a test. but some experiences are unique.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
There are two types of fear. One is dread and fearful expectation. The other fear is deference and respect. The law is not finished, but fulfilled. Law is there as a guardian against the thief. If a person loves, he cannot break the law.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

The law is also the mechanism that nature operates from. We are promised a new order of things when creation is renewed.

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Doesn't the bible say that there is no fear in love? How can one with all the fear also have all the love?

Maybe fear is what drives you to believe the unbelievable?

1 John 4
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

And if god favors those who keep his law, then why did he decide to end it with Jesus?

edit on 12-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

How do you know god is 'he' and what about all the other deities like Viking gods, Polynesian gods, Egyptian Gods, Eskimo Gods etc..?

Do they not exist as well (if not why not)?

I suppose you wouldn't have to have faith in a thing if it were irrefutable fact so please explain yourself.

The Bible is clear that there are powers and principalities that mankind has worshiped. The Hindus, for instance, believe in Brahma (One God) and Brahman (Lesser Gods). God specifically told us not to worship the sun and moon as an example.

Deuteronomy 4

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

In doing this, he then revealed why. The universe is our inheritance and each of us will rule a kingdom. In essence, the promised land is a repeat of entering the new land beyond the Jordan. In this case, the Jordan is the river of life we pass to become Spirit instead of flesh. What do we inherit?

Deuteronomy 6

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

It would be impossible for us to conceive of this right now, but we can picture what we enter into when we are transposed to our new bodies. Look out at he vast universe. Disclosure happened 2000 years ago.

Ephesians 3

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name

There are families in Heaven. According to Genesis 6, we have had contact with other civilizations from the heavens and we worshiped them. In reality, there is a process across the universe that we are just now beginning to understand. All of the heavens are under an administration and ONE God Created and regulates it all by law.

Ephesians 3

8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 13 I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.

---Through us, God's wisdom is made known to the rulers above. We become their rulers.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

If God was really there, he would stop a peado from raping a child. Why doesn't he?

God is long-suffering with us. Can we look at NDE experiences and verify what Christ said (You must be born again)? Of course we can. Can we verify that sin has consequence? In this life we can. Can we see that some are born into unfortunate circumstance? What does a soul learn from this? Only God knows, but we are told something that explains this. I will paraphrase what the Bible states by using Latin and Greek.

Amni - River of Life
Amnio - Bowl that catches the blood of the sacrificial lamb.
Amnion - Sack surrounding the newborn.
Amniotic Fluid - Water of the womb.
Amnesia - Condition in the water (Forgetfulness).
Amnesty - Forgiveness from the immersion into the waters.

Plug this into the parable. The Shepherd pulls the wool over our eyes (Amnesia). He sheers the wool from the hide (Sin removed by the seasons of life / Being born again). The sin is then washed white as snow (Amnesty). It is the given back as a new robe (Body) in the next life. Eventually, we are promised a white robe that cannot die or decay and possessing no defect.

Why do people wear the robe they possess now? What is the hope from the process? Can a few lives lived here prepare us for the next? Can many lives lived produce in us perfection for a new kingdom? What is our hope?

Don't be so sure that what you do now will not affect what you are later. The Bible also promises us that we will be ranked in Heaven according to what we do now.

Matthew 18 gives away many clues to this. First, we are in an image. Knowing how an image works, we can see clearly that this image of ourselves is not the true image. Look in a mirror. What do you see? Your image, but you know that you are the one casting it from the true side of reality. Take this one step further. If you are in the image here in reality, what does that say about you above?

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

We are the children here, looking through an image. In reality, we are facing the father. To be absent here is to be present there as the Bible says. What else does Matthew 18 reveal?

Entanglement between people and actions is critical to building what we will receive above.

15 “If your brother or sister sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

---The process of testing reveals what the shining light of God produces in and through us here. Do we see light? No, we see what light reveals. The same holds true for the process of our soul placed in an image.

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

--We are the children. Some of us are less mature than others. Christians are those who are growing beyond the confines of the law and becoming adults. There is one Father above and we are all His children.

edit on 13-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Taking the name of the Lord in vain is taking the name apart from the character. Many take the name in vain because they retain their own selfish will. God's will is to give and receive only. The thief takes. We know them by their fruit. There is no point blaming the gun. People kill people. There is no point blaming the religion. Selfishness kills people.

Originally posted by shauny

If I were an Atheist, I would be afraid as well.

Really?
Do you know this as a fact?
Religion scares me, why? Because you all fight and cause wars.
Religion will kill this world. Organised religion will kill is all.
And all you are doing here is giving your opinion.
I respect that.
But I have more proof does not exist, than you do that God exists.
This is a fact you would be in fear of yes?

Why would an Atheist be in fear? or afraid?
I don't get your logic here at all?

And you Avatar..
Enoch who?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I hear many bold words against God in this forum. I have a simple 30 day challenge to anyone who claims that God does not exist. God's word clearly says we cannot test him. He will not turn the sky green or come to you in the form of a visible image. He will not speak to you in words of English or other languages. What God will do is demonstrate Himself to anyone who seeks. Each of us has a free will. We cannot test God, but there is something we CAN do.

It's simple. Ask God to test you. Within the next 30 days, simply report back here with the events of your life. I will warn you, however. If you think God is not real, do not blame me for what he shows you as evidence for his power. If you are confident he does not exist, be ready to see how you are in error.

If you take the challenge, I offer some words of wisdom. Two weeks ago, my latest request for God to test me took place. I occasionally ask God to test my me, fully knowing that at the end of the test, I am a better person from the experience. This latest test was profound and I cannot go into the details. What I can offer is a path through the testing period. Here it is.

1) Ask for a test
2) Watch for novelty events in your life (Things that do not normally happen).
3) Do not doubt. Keep your own words few and remain grounded in the knowledge that God will pull you through.
4) Leave room for God to operate. Trying to solve the problem yourself will not end well. Leave room for God.
5) Pray each moment that God fights your battle. Surrender to the process and allow God to show you the end as better than the beginning.
6) When the test is over, evaluate your own defect that caused the problem. Learn and grow from the experience.

Why would you do this? Simple. You want proof that God is there. You can have it if you dare.

Be warned. A test is not pleasant. You can set parameters. If you ask for a test, ensure that you also ask for potential outcomes to be avoided. As the trial begins, pray for God to reveal himself to you. Your evidence will be appear and no amount of skepticism will be able to reason it away. God is good and he can move you from doubt to faith. Simply seek.

edit on 11-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

The entire atheistic belief system is based on believing in no God. To ask them to do this is almost like asking you to ask Allah for a test.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

You're correct. I do agree with a lot of the criticism against the subject. But to me it's harmless and it's not going to make me feel wrong as an atheist to participate with the OP's test. No offense to the OP. I still have many days left and will report when it's over. I just hope I have a blast!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

You're correct. I do agree with a lot of the criticism against the subject. But to me it's harmless and it's not going to make me feel wrong as an atheist to participate with the OP's test. No offense to the OP. I still have many days left and will report when it's over. I just hope I have a blast!

you're actually doing this... and taking it seriously?

This will be interesting...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

I have followed this path many times. I already know the answer.

then what did happen exactly. would you share your experience. our life is itself a test. but some experiences are unique.

I will eventually. I have many. The latest experience involved a pit someone was digging for me to fall in. It affected many people and resulted in the one digging the pit falling into the pit themselves. As I circled the pit they dug, I continued to offer my assistance in pulling them out. By the example, my own character was demonstrated to others. Relationships were strengthened. Lessons were learned. All I had to do is step out of the way, cling to truth and watch God work. These things happen every day, but not the type of novelty event like this. I can honestly say that this has never happened to me in the way that it did. I could see God working through it the entire time.

When I asked for the test to be over, it was gone the next day. I have done this many times and the same thing happens. It comes as a rush of events and departs like the end of a storm. What's left is new growth from the rain.

edit on 13-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

who cares if you don't believe in a "god" or "Allah" ... what if we have all woken up to your crooked story ?

what if we all don't quite believe, as you do ...free will does not mean shoving your belief down your child's throat simply because YOU believe in it ..

have you ever considered that perhaps that people just don't want to believe ...??

the last pages or so in any bible say roughly to the effect ... " if you change anything in this book you are condemned to all sorts of nastiness etc ..."

yeah that's what i thought ... more cah cah .....

i cant take any more of this nuttery / wild insanity

and to be fair, if you need to try and understand any of my personal logic, review any of my personal writings here on ATS ... if you have half a brain I'm sure you will see that it is quite sane ...

regardless of your insanity i love you all

Muzz

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not taking it easy. But I'm doing it just for fun. Like in a way that all I have is thirty days to do this and report back with whatever news.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Thank you for being open minded about it. Remember to follow the path I outline when desperation sets in. Why am I confident it will? I know God honors a request made with sincerity.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I'm not taking it easy. But I'm doing it just for fun. Like in a way that all I have is thirty days to do this and report back with whatever news.

Actually you will have the rest of your life if you find what you need...

Though it will be neat if this "challenge" has an impact...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Prezbo369

It's your own free will that asks for the test.

If you believe we have free will, then you have to believe that a god is not interested in whether we believe in it or not. So why do you care?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
OK listen OP I'm kind of feeling a little left out here ... i mean can you reply without ... quoting some religious blagh blagh from the book ... seriously can you think .... on your own or what ?

PS: dont forget i love you all equally OK

Muzz

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

How can you expect a reply when you call his "challenge" insanity?

You do realise this is the religious forum... right?

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join