<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Another one of these threads again eh?

I see this test as being....

1)Tell yourself you want a test
2)Wait for a moment in your life that challenges your limits or expands your horizons
3)Pretend that God personally crafted this test just for you (and exists)
4)Live a life of joyous wonder as a bible basher

Nonsense thread is nonsense. I don't need your "30-day test", buddy; I've got a lifetime of wisdom and experiences.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
So let me get this straight, you want us to practice self-deception and extreme superstition until something clicks? No thanks, that's what made me find religion to be idiotic in the first place.

No. Just ask for a test from God. If he is real, you will receive your test. If not, you can go on with your life as usual and nothing will happen.

So what are the logical outcomes here? From what you've said, if we're tested then the test is from God and he is real. It would be reasonable to assume then that you'll be open to the suggestion that if God doesn't present a test, then he isn't real? yes?

Or maybe he's only real in the minds of some people?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Even Atheists who delve deep enough into science must admit that there is an intelligent design to the universe.

Carl Sagan is an example, and he intelligently points out the fact that we simply don't know no matter which side of the line we are on. One belief is just as valid as another, because it is just a belief. We can never know for certain. Just don't be conceited and confine yourself to one space because of your beliefs.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Ricky Gervais is another good explainer why Christians do not have a monopoly on good...

Here he explains the bible at a live show.

Tfw.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

So your asking everyone to believe in something they can't See,Smell,Touch or Hear?
Poisionous Gas Will Have the same effect.
Guess we should all be as stupid.
REALLY?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have different suggestion than this test, only if you are sincere, prey to God 3 times a day for 7 days straight using his name, asking for the truth about God and the bible to be revealed to you. And see what happens.
John 8:32

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free

Note: Tying to figure what what name to use, here is a hint, click the link in my signature.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How is an atheist supposed to benefit from pretending he isn't one for a month?

Apples n Oranges, buuuut: that's like asking a christian to behave as a full-on satan worshipper for thirty days, asking him/her to pray to satan at every moment for guidance, etc.

The 'I dare you' approach is so third grade, IMO.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
why do we ''the skeptics'' have to prove god doesnt exist.why dont you prove he does exist.instead of simply blindly beleving what ever you are spoon fed.

BTW: zeus,raa,isis,krishna,horus,vishnu,osiris ALL have much more creditable and deatiled history,in comparison to ''God''
Which was made up thousands of years after pretty much every other God.

We look back at ancient cultures and their beleifs and worshipping pretty much anything they can see,and we see it as them being naive.I hope one day religion is wiped off the face of the earth,and all we can do is look back and be like, ''did we really use to beleive there was a God?''

religion was created as a way to control the mass,thus ''the fear of god''

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is very easy for me,
"Proof"
I am kinda big on that

Ok, if there is a god. And we will say there is for a second.
Then there is the opposite. Lucifer.
Who runs the planet? Lucifer does. 10000% We have an evil world.
We get individual acts of kindness, and this is good.
Too many God lovers hate also. "Don't believe and I won't like you" Message is that?

I need proof.

So for me, blind faith is for some, not for all.

I think it should be the other way around.
30 days to prove there is a god.

Respects
Shaun

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Normal people require proof to live their life a certain way. Stupid people do what their told and dont question stupid ideas.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

EWR---You do understand that you are dealing with folks who are not only spiritually blind but also bereft of intellectual skills, such as being able to put together a construct for the universe. You have those with adolescent skills like the idiot Hawking, believing their great.........great grandma was a lemur and the universe of 7 septillion suns just happened

Anyone who is incapable of putting together history, [& current events] archaeology, linguistics, mythology [so called], the occult, etc. and NOT GET IT, is just plain stupid.

I do like your "moniker" and I believe [my speculation, I know] the scroll sealed until the end was the "Book of Enoch."

"as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be" And, the focal points of Gen 6 were the fallen angels [& the daughters of men which I believe is confirmedby the "ufo" abductions] and VIOLENCE! Only FOOLS, in the pure Biblical sense cannot see.

Oh, by the way, I am 64 and for the middle 1/3 of my life I believed the Bible was a fairy tale and was vehemently anti-Christian. When I tried to disprove the Bible to a girlfriend was when I started studying the history and science which of course honesty cannot disprove and converted me!
edit on 12-5-2013 by ReformedII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why do people feel the overwhelming need to convince others to believe what they believe or to "confirm" their dis-belief? If ANY subject was less productive, I would be wholeheartedly amazed!

First, people are raised differently. For example, I was raised by my mother to question everything. Little did she realize that by consistently nurturing this motivation, I would do it as literally as I have. My mother is a very Christian person, both the negative and positive aspects. I, however, am not.

Second, YOUR faith, belief, or lack thereof has no serious influence over mine unless I allow it. Same for everyone else. Does that make those whom you successfully turn towards your beliefs gullible? no. There are MANY factors involved in that equation. A few obvious ones.. Perhaps they were already interested, perhaps they were secretly and looking for affirmation in others. PERHAPS they really are that gullible. Whatever the reason, they were obviously not 100% against the philosophy, or one would fail to convert them.

Finally, what do YOU get out of "saving" someone? Honestly, I've always wondered this. It's human nature to be "repaid" for our deeds. That's the main cause for monetary systems. "You want this, what will you exchange for it?". So what's the compensation one receives for "converting" someone? I've been told before, "I'm just a messenger and now that I've brought you the "news", your blood is no longer on my hands." Why was it EVER on YOUR hands? I chose my destiny, I took responsibility for that decision and I have a clear conscience.

You want me to ask for a test. I have already done that many times. The difference is, my higher power is not an "invisible person" who created everything and then walked away. My higher power doesn't claim to have love for it's creations, like a father to his children, and then punish and damn them - I am a father of six and could NEVER treat my children that way. My Higher power is the self. Why? Because at the end of every day, I am the one in the proverbial mirror, I am the one I must face, and I am the one who must live in either approval or disapproval of my actions. The omnipresent and all know judge of the hearts of men is their own conscience. Am I godless? perhaps. Am I without faith? no. I have faith that in the vastness of the universe, the stars shall illuminate the inhabitants of their planets, and bring life anew. I have faith that regardless of the bad in our world, the good will always outweigh it, even when it appears to be that the bad is winning.

I suggest that you be happy with your choices and accept others for theirs. At the end of the day, your conscience will tell you if you need to make amends, and so will theirs. And if they have no conscience, they will be their own undoing.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Boy, lots of open minded replies to your challenge, EnochWasRight. You'd think that you asked people to send you money or confess to Christ or something. If I was a hardened skeptic, I'd take up the challenge, exactly as outlined, because I'd have enough hubris to know that I'd come back in 30 days to say nothing happened.

Instead, you have a bunch of anti-theists who not only refuse to take such a challenge, but ridicule you for suggesting it. If they're open minded, why not do it, just for the opportunity of proving you wrong?

Kudos to the one guy who said that he'd do it.

Benevolent Heretic -- point taken, but if I look back at MY last 30 days, no, I see absolutely nothing that could be construed to being a miracle.

Truth be told, the do believe and are scared to allow God the test. It's like the Bible says: They love the darkness more than the light. I am simply suggesting that a new life is just beyond the horizon of night to day. Take the first step and see what happens.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skonaz

Originally posted by adjensen
Boy, lots of open minded replies to your challenge, EnochWasRight. You'd think that you asked people to send you money or confess to Christ or something. If I was a hardened skeptic, I'd take up the challenge, exactly as outlined, because I'd have enough hubris to know that I'd come back in 30 days to say nothing happened.

Instead, you have a bunch of anti-theists who not only refuse to take such a challenge, but ridicule you for suggesting it. If they're open minded, why not do it, just for the opportunity of proving you wrong?

Kudos to the one guy who said that he'd do it.

Benevolent Heretic -- point taken, but if I look back at MY last 30 days, no, I see absolutely nothing that could be construed to being a miracle.
\\

Open minded people enjoy discussion and debate actually.
I would certainly be open to take a challenge if it wasn't flawed and weighted for a result from the outset.
The problem is with this experiment at the end of 30 days the OP will feel himself proved right and any atheists will feel themselves proved right.
This is christian doctrine and not a search for truth.
I attempted to clarify things about the experiment and was met with biblical references (You must understand that this will not sway people who don't believe that the bible is the true word of God.)
I currently don't believe there are any persons on this earth who have all the answers.

It's quite simple. Ask God to test you, then watch for results. When you are in the middle of the test, come back for the path I outlined. You'll need the instructions. If you are daring enough to take the test, I am assured there will be results. Fear can hold you back.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtcGod

God knows all the desires of your heart right? So by asking HIM to test you, is this not tempting HIM?

YOU are in charge of YOUR own destiny. Take responsibility.

The end.

You are asking God to test your own inner nature. The fact that you will be watching ensures you will notice. Again, I am hearing many voices of fear in this. Excuses are not rational in this case. If an Atheist is assured there is no God, he should boldly take the challenge just to prove me wrong. I am not hearing this from those who have entered the conversation. It seems only one person so far has entered the path.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

If God exists, then He already knows everything we need and what is best for us.

If God wills for an atheist to become receptive to a belief in Him, then it will happen in an instant, when God wills, not when anyone else wills.

Posing a test for atheists underestimates God's omniscience and omnipotence by projecting our own limitations on the Unknowable. It suggests we know better than God how we may come to acknowledge His possible existence.

You are speaking words of wisdom in this, but God charges us with seeking and knocking. He honors those who take the first step. The word makes this clear.

John 6

65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

The process of enabling is the imparting of faith. God is responsible for our faith. It's a relationship, so part of the process is also up to us. We are middle ground between Heaven and Earth. The object is a union of Spirit and Soul. Heaven cannot take part in Earth. Earth must submit to heaven. In my original challenge, I show this to be the case. We ask God for a test, therefore revealing something of our own nature that must be changed. We have no power to change this ourselves. As the Bible says, there will be no boasting in heaven.

Ephesians 2

4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Asking God to do his handiwork in us is a gift we possess at any time in our lives. I am simply showing the Atheist that God loves them just as much. We are all sinners in need of salvation. God imparts faith. As a byproduct, that faith engages works. Works to no lead to faith. It's the other way around. A test of our faith reveals a defect. God will honor our request to fix this fault. We are works in progress--all of us.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why is it so hard for an atheist to comprehend that christians tell you about God because they love you not because they hate you.They would hope you to accept faith in God is all and Jesus Christ.Most christians don't want to force you to believe.
edit on 12-5-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Another one of these threads again eh?

I see this test as being....

1)Tell yourself you want a test
2)Wait for a moment in your life that challenges your limits or expands your horizons
3)Pretend that God personally crafted this test just for you (and exists)
4)Live a life of joyous wonder as a bible basher

Nonsense thread is nonsense. I don't need your "30-day test", buddy; I've got a lifetime of wisdom and experiences.

Are your paths straight?

Psalms 3

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
So let me get this straight, you want us to practice self-deception and extreme superstition until something clicks? No thanks, that's what made me find religion to be idiotic in the first place.

No. Just ask for a test from God. If he is real, you will receive your test. If not, you can go on with your life as usual and nothing will happen.

So what are the logical outcomes here? From what you've said, if we're tested then the test is from God and he is real. It would be reasonable to assume then that you'll be open to the suggestion that if God doesn't present a test, then he isn't real? yes?

Or maybe he's only real in the minds of some people?

I have followed this path many times. I already know the answer.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesman1955

So your asking everyone to believe in something they can't See,Smell,Touch or Hear?
Poisionous Gas Will Have the same effect.
Guess we should all be as stupid.
REALLY?

I believe WIFI is there, yet I cannot connect to it without a modem. I can't see it or sense it, yet it is passing through me every second. I am not asking anyone to believe. I am suggesting that asking for a test will produce results. I am under the continued impression that Atheists do believe in God's existence, they just do not agree with him. Fear would keep most from allowing God to test their character. You must admit, there is a bit of fear in the mind wondering what would happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join