It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police mourn homeless drunk they considered a friend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by TFCJay

To me this story is really sad...people gave him a few dollars here and there and feed him now and then; and the Police would check up on him as he slept outside somewhere; but I think the people in his city should have done more.

Why wasn't he put in a treatment center? Why wasn't he given a home by someone who had extra money and could have paid for his rent? Why didn't they do more?

From what the article says...he had a sister who has a home; why didn't she take him in and feed him and give him a bed every night so at least he would have had somewhere to be; a little bit of security; a place to shower and have clean clothes; then maybe he would have chosen to get better.

Not sad to me..Another homeless alcoholic who dug his own grave. Why should people have done more? Do you not realize this man was an adult? Whatevver happened to being responsible for your own actions?

Thanks to the OP though for sharing this,even if it is a slanted article

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's a wonderful tribute, both to the man and to the people who worked with him. As the story shows, he wasn't just abandoned by society (the little gestures such as the cupcake in jail for his birthday really are sweet.) The reporter is probably correct that the years of abuse started him on his downward spiral. Alcoholism really is a severe problem among the First Nations.

Still... a wonderful read. Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I was abused. When i was 4, the punishment for not being able to open the screen door to let myself outside? I was kicked through the door from behind by dad. He was a drunk. When he died of a DWI when I was 25, the only reason I went to the funeral was to see family that he made impossible for me to see growing up.

I don't accept "they were abused" as an excuse.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I was abused. When i was 4, the punishment for not being able to open the screen door to let myself outside? I was kicked through the door from behind by dad. He was a drunk. When he died of a DWI when I was 25, the only reason I went to the funeral was to see family that he made impossible for me to see growing up.

I don't accept "they were abused" as an excuse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join