It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Contacts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
This is the first I've heard of it.

I had heard about W56 before, and like many of those 'old time' stories simply loved it. It reflects the naivity of the 50's and 60's. However, the pictures that were presented of - for example - the 10 feet tall alien have been properly proven to be pictures of a very normal human being (tall, but not unusually tall) - by the author of 'Mass contact' himself, BTW.

I especially loved the section in which a witness describes how Dimpietro (the tall one) quarrels with Sajú (the dwarf). Dimpietro, who smokes like a chimney, just happened to smoke a cigar. Because Sajú muttered something that Dimpietro did not like, Dimpietro simply put out his cigar on the bald head of Sajú, then, adding insult to injury, spat on the burn.

Beautiful story.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForteanOrg

I had heard about W56 before, and like many of those 'old time' stories simply loved it. It reflects the naivity of the 50's and 60's. However, the pictures that were presented of - for example - the 10 feet tall alien have been properly proven to be pictures of a very normal human being (tall, but not unusually tall) - by the author of 'Mass contact' himself, BTW.

I especially loved the section in which a witness describes how Dimpietro (the tall one) quarrels with Sajú (the dwarf). Dimpietro, who smokes like a chimney, just happened to smoke a cigar. Because Sajú muttered something that Dimpietro did not like, Dimpietro simply put out his cigar on the bald head of Sajú, then, adding insult to injury, spat on the burn.

Beautiful story.

Great stuff!

When they first mentioned the tall guy and the diminutive one the first image that came to mind was Richar d Shaver and Ray Palmer

Have you read the book?

I should also add that the slapstick moment you describe with the cigar and the characters' contrasting statures seems to be influenced by cultural comedy icons such as Laurel & Hardy and Abbot & Costello and pre-empts(?) lesser comic duos Little & Large and Cannon & Ball. It seems to derive from a very human cultural mindset.
edit on 13-5-2013 by torsion because: added another thought

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I came here for the Aliens forum, it is fast becoming apparent I no longer belong. This is the type of thread that makes me rethink ATS membership on the whole.

The W56 story does not differ that much from any other Alien forum story. So, maybe you simply grew up, young antar

Or maybe you will never grow up, like me..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Have you read the book?

It's on-line and yes I have read parts of it. I also saw various documentaries on it and read a number of posts about it. It strongely reminds me of the Adamski, Meijer and the UMMO cases.

I should also add that the slapstick moment you describe with the cigar and the characters' contrasting statures seems to be influenced by cultural comedy icons such as Laurel & Hardy and Abbot & Costello and pre-empts(?) lesser comic duos Little & Large and Cannon & Ball. It seems to derive from a very human cultural mindset.

This is what make UFOlogy such an interesting field to study: there are references to various sciences all over, including psychology, psychiatry, arts and music, exobiology, cryptozoology, philosophy, politics.. and the list goes on and on.

Also, it strongly reflects what many Italians found amusing during the 50's, so I'm not amazed at all to see this type of anecdote in this book. Absurd as it is - especially because somewhere else the author describes how these aliens loved God above all and treated every living being with respect. Tell that to the dwarf

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Timothy Good researched the case (it has not finished in the 70s, it is still going on) and he said to me that it is genuine.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I suspect that it is a colony of hybrids they were dealing with and the exceptional tallness is a side effect of the hybridization.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ForteanOrg

I've just added a Timothy Good video to the Tim's New Book thread and he refers to the case at the 1 hour mark! He even uses the photo of the tall man in his slide show.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnPassant
reply to post by torsion

Timothy Good researched the case (it has not finished in the 70s, it is still going on) and he said to me that it is genuine.

Well, it must be so then. I guess Timothy has proof of it and he will offer us this proof for just $19.99. Available in your local bookshop and as e-book on line.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I suspect that it is a colony of hybrids they were dealing with and the exceptional tallness is a side effect of the hybridization.

Speaking perfect Italian is another side effect of the hybridization, it seems. Or becoming a dwarf, like Sajú (not his real name, they don't know that concept). Or smoking cigars. I don't know, these hybrids sound a lot like Italians to me...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Reading books is not my cup of tea. I need videos!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xnibiru
Reading books is not my cup of tea. I need videos!

Gaspare de Lama is very convincing. He is one of the contactees.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Speaking perfect Italian is another side effect of the hybridization, it seems. Or becoming a dwarf, like Sajú (not his real name, they don't know that concept). Or smoking cigars. I don't know, these hybrids sound a lot like Italians to me...

Would you expect that hybrids are all dumb or use sign language? Surely if these beings can manufacture and maintain ufos they can teach and learn languages. If they are here and have bases here they are not mud huts. They must be very sophisticated. This follows on, logically, from the very idea that they are here in the first place.
edit on 13-5-2013 by EnPassant because: addition

edit on 13-5-2013 by EnPassant because: addition

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Before I waste, I mean spend, my money on this book can anyone tell me if it contains UNDENIABLE evidence to back it up? Or is it just a bunch of interviews with alleged contactees?

I'm going to go on a limb and say since it was published in 2009, and there have been no earth shattering revelations, it's just another piece of fiction.
edit on 14-5-2013 by ratcals because: Punctuation mistake.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
Before I waste, I mean spend, my money on this book can anyone tell me if it contains UNDENIABLE evidence to back it up? Or is it just a bunch of interviews with alleged contactees?

I'm going to go on a limb and say since it was published in 2009, and there have been no earth shattering revelations, it's just another piece of fiction.
edit on 14-5-2013 by ratcals because: Punctuation mistake.

Watch the documentary. It's a fascinating case and it's new to me. I'd say it's more a sociological/psychological experiment similar to Ummo and Serpo than actual contact. Like all stories from the distant past it has likely evolved and mutated over time but even so it's the kind of book I would buy!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Would you expect that hybrids are all dumb or use sign language?

Well, extinguishing a cigar on the bald head of one of your dwarfed spacebrethren does not sound like a very smart nor civilized act to me ..

For completeness sake: I did not say they were dumb nor that I expected them to use sign language. Nor did I say they were hybrids. I said I believed they were Italians. You came up with everything else....

And yes, you are right: say these W56-aliens exist, say they are indeed a (very) human-like race (or maybe even hybrids, for all I care), assume they indeed can live for hundreds of years, say they indeed choose (for some unknown reason) to stay here for a long time, say they indeed have mingled with Italians for a long time - well, maybe they did speak Italian. Maybe they are indeed smart and simply weren't brought up well by their parents, burning holes in each other and all..

Lot's of assumptions though. Way too many.

edit on 14-5-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ForteanOrg

Once we entertain the idea that there are hybrids/aliens here we must also, logically, consider all the ramifications of this assumption. One is that they must be highly developed sociologically and materially. They would, for example, need to build and repair UFOs, they would have to have a workshop. They would need to educate hybrids so they would need "schools" or some equivalent. And so on...In short, they would have to have a highly developed society in the solar system, or elsewhere. Otherwise they would regress. In this way we can understand that they would have many of the idiosyncrasies of human beings.
edit on 15-5-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)
once the initial assumption, that they are here, is made all these other assumptions follow on automatically

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Once we entertain the idea that there are hybrids/aliens here we must also, logically, consider all the ramifications of this assumption. One is that they must be highly developed sociologically and materially.

Yet they communicate with humans in ways similar to those used by Spiritualists - apported messages on pieces of paper, messages received through radios spoken in the native tongue, communication through a dog. All things easily achieved by trickery.

Having said that the case does fascinate me and I've ordered the book.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Watch the documentary. It's a fascinating case and it's new to me. I'd say it's more a sociological/psychological experiment similar to Ummo and Serpo than actual contact. Like all stories from the distant past it has likely evolved and mutated over time but even so it's the kind of book I would buy!

Thanks, but no. I'm interested in alien contact. Not a book that is a 'sociological/psychological expirement' trying to pass itself off as an authentic case of alien contact. I have no doubt it is very interesting if you are in to that kind of stuff. I, however, am not. So I'm going to call this another book of false information.

Thanks for your input though.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
reply to post by Unity_99

I my eyes that´s not the same

The knowledge we are not the only intelligent race in the universe is more important the know the secrets of massage therapy.

It is the ultimate question, a answer to the question could explain who and what we are
Everyone should have full access to information regarding this.

The problem with fees on a book in a store would be a small audience, to small to make a global impact.
The knowledge will be lost in ridicule like so many times before.

I like water from a glacier but I'll be crazy to go to a glacier and tap it and bottle it an bring it home. I will pay a person/company for that convenience. Nothing wrong with it. Water is for all and should be free, right?

This person puts his/her time, writes a book, sells it for under $15.00 bucks. And you think this will stop information from spreading?

Please keep guilt away from people who do charge for their hard work, their mind, their ideas and so what if he/she desires to profit.

You go ahead and do research, spend time researching your passion, putting data together, writing a book and go ahead give it away...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx2112
You go ahead and do research, spend time researching your passion, putting data together, writing a book and go ahead give it away...

Nothing new there. I run Linux.

ETA: and this forum does not cost me a dime either.
edit on 15-5-2013 by ForteanOrg because: added ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join