It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to all Republicans / Rightwing / Patriots / anyone else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Explain, if you please:

The virtues of "core values" and "family values" are based on the judeo - christian ideals that this country was founded on. Right?
The values of our founding fathers.

--- (Let me know if im wrong so far.)

The values of god, the values of jesus, the values of the bible.

This why marriage must be preserved.
This is why fornication the sins that are accepted and spread by modern media and our current culture must be eliminated
and the old values be embraced.

still pretty accurate?

Fair enough.

HOWEVER,
this country was founded by civilized gentleman who ENSLAVED their human man and performed the process of removing their "freedoms" and "free will" that you so value.

they waged a merciless campaign of aquisition of the native american's land with tactics of WAR, PESTILENCE (small pox distributed in blankets), DECIET and MANIPULATION (purchase of manhattan,etc.).

FORNICATED with these so called "3/5s humans" / slaves. (thomas jefferson)

RIGHT?

MURDER, ENSLAVEMENT, DECEPTION, and removing a persons FREEDOM and FREE-WILL IS NOT WHAT JESUS ADVOCATED.
IT IS ALL THAT HE OPPOSED! IT WAS THAT WHICH HE TAUGHT TO NOT DO. NOMATTER WHAT THE END, JESUS DID NOT ADVOCATE THESE MEANS!

No more can these core / family / christian values be mentioned by you, until you accept that the admiration and acceptance of those beasts that formed this country were as far from CHRISTIAN as could be.

Do not promte "the way things used to be" unless you give equal time to the ills of our past.

HYPOCHRISY at its truest and exquisitely pure form is the status quo spewed by you guys. Admit this please and enlighten our fellow americans

Freedom of thought must be restored. Cause it is gone for the most part

[edit on 11/5/2004 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

[edit on 5-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Just because the founding fathers were hypocrites* doesn't make the values and the religion you are speaking of invalid.

It just means that they were poor examples of it.

A move towards true christian values isn't a bad thing.
Because tolerance and love for all is not a bad thing.

Whether we are headed towards that or away from that is up for debate.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What is your argument? I think the concept of this country is great, however, the way it came around is questionable. To rob the natives of their land and impose our laws deserves some serious debate. Are you suggesting this was a Republican agenda?

What does this have to do with Republicans/Conservatives?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Im an american.
I love my people.

this is not a black or white thing, as a i have a parent of each one. and a family of each one, and loved ones of each.

i try to follow Jesus' messages in life and my small sphere of influence. unfortunately survival dictates that i profit from others and prevail over thos that threaten me. fine. i dont resent the necessity to survive.

but things like slavery and genocide are decadent and bloodthirsty - just not necessary.

and neglecting to always keep this in perspective creates such widespread deciet that vast amounts of americans will never be free to understand. no m,atter what is said to em

were is the love?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i directed this toward repubs beacause your party represents thos that do not understand their hypochrisy. if you arent christian-consevative, you still turn a blind eye because you feel that these points are justified by a greater good. that the means justify the end. how can that be?

my point is that core values do not just include what you want them too, their values - their actions where BAD on the WHOLE.

As a follower of christ's path, i know that no matter how perfectly i adhere to the
other guidelines, no matter how much i accept him as my savior, if i ignore the entire message and just focus on specifics as i please, i am no good.

BY THE WAY, I STATE THINGS AS IF FACTS, BUT THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, BASED ON WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE CLEAR EVIDENCE.
I ALWAYS WELCOME THAT PIECE OF INFORMATION THAT CHANGES MY MIND ----- IM OPEN TO ALL TRUTH.

MY OBJECTIVE IS TRUTH AND IF I REALIZE I WAS WRONG, I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO B.S. YOU FOR PRIDE'S SAKE.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS. I SEEK THE TRUTH, NOT PARTIAL TRUTHS NOR DEMONSTATING INTELLECTUAL SUPERIORITY. NEVER!

I WANT WISDOM. IT IS ALL THAT INTERESTS ME, PERSONALLY. THIS DEFINES ME.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
Explain, if you please:

The virtues of "core values" and "family values" are based on the judeo - christian ideals that this country was founded on. Right?
The values of our founding fathers.

--- (Let me know if im wrong so far.)

The values of god, the values of jesus, the values of the bible.

This why marriage must be preserved.
This is why fornication the sins that are accepted and spread by modern media and our current culture must be eliminated
and the old values be embraced.

still pretty accurate?

Fair enough.

I'm not sure what this means. If you mean that we have progressed into a more sinfull society, I agree.

HOWEVER,
this country was founded by civilized gentleman who ENSLAVED their human man and performed the process of removing their "freedoms" and "free will" that you so value.

Can't argue with that. However, are you a direct relative of a slave or a master? It does make a difference.

they waged a merciless campaign of aquisition of the native american's land with tactics of WAR, PESTILENCE (small pox distributed in blankets), DECIET and MANIPULATION (purchase of manhattan,etc.).

Do you have links to substantiate?

RIGHT?

MURDER, ENSLAVEMENT, DECEPTION, and removing a persons FREEDOM and FREE-WILL IS NOT WHAT JESUS ADVOCATED.
IT IS ALL THAT HE OPPOSED! IT WAS THAT WHICH HE TAUGHT TO NOT DO. NOMATTER WHAT THE END, JESUS DID NOT ADVOCATE THESE MEANS!

No more can these core / family / christian values be mentioned by you, until you accept that the admiration and acceptance of those beasts that formed this country were as far from CHRISTIAN as could be.

Do not promte "the way things used to be" unless you hate jesus and his message.

HYPOCHRISY at its truest and exquisitely pure form is the status quo spewed by you guys. Admit this or pray for enlightenment.

Free Will must be restored or we will never be saved.

Actually, that is what America was based upon. Having the religeous freedom to glorify our God for all He is responsible for. I do not hate anyone who sins against God. I sin against God every day. Opinions are not sinful, just many actions. Of course, we all commit sin.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
dcgolf i have made an assumption that i took as common knowledge. if this is open to dispute forgive me and i will try and find websites that substantiate this if they are just claims i have made.

i agree, i too am a sinner but i do not tolerate the arrogance of those who are so judgemental as they do not admit their flaws openly - as they are too busy condemning other peoples' flaws openly.

that needs to be adressed.

i have edited my initial thread, i worded things poorly

[edit on 11/5/2004 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION

HOWEVER,

You know what is interesting about this, is that it was Abraham Lincoln who freed the slaves, and you know what else, he WAS REPUBLICAN! So you can get off your high horse, and quit crying. Bush won fair and square!

[edit on 5-11-2004 by pbauer]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
What does this have to do with Republicans/Conservatives?

Here is what it has to do with Republicans/Conservatives:

www.selekta.com...

- Attero

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

as mentioned by theBLESSINGofVISION
HOWEVER,

Hypocrisy? Freedom of thought? Christian values and morals?

Excuse me....but have you talked to the European's lately? Read anything on Early European history?
Please, when using "common knowledge" to address:

REPUBLICANS/RIGHT-WINGS/PATRIOTS/anyone else

Please be sure to add the Democrats, the Left, and the rest of the "free" governments of this world, k?

Your point is what exactly? That your also upset that Mr. Kerry lost? Therefore anyone, and everyone remotely connected to the Democrat defeat must be questioned and lectured on "freedom of thought, hypocrisy, etc."? O....k....

seekerof

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i am no democrat...
their leaders are in league with the repubs...

but the people who register with the democratic party are unaware of this... if they were aware it would be the end of the party

that is my distinction....

the people who register repubs are aware that they are in league and they accept it.

i was not adressing party leadership, but the masses who willingly and knowingly overlook these points.

Yes REPUB / DEM / all those that rule the world are falliable in this... not relevant to what i meant to be adressing...

if i worded poorly, oops...
it was to call the attention of the people not the elite

THAT is my point

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
not a democrat vs republican point even though i get attacked for it...

did the word republican give you a preconcieve notion as to my agenda?
what about the words i used... put them together seekerof...
iwas adressing the mindstate and actions of those people.... not praising skullandbones number 2 john kerry....

democrats really thought he represented their ideals - still do

they are pitiful for this....

but repubs embrace it conciously...

so, seekerof, count to 10 and adress my topic....
please

i will start a democrat criticism thread

happy?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Jesus isnt a democrat or a republican.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
1. There were slaves in Christs day - he said nothing about slavery being bad.

2. The Jefferson thing was a lie. DNA tests were negative.

3. Christ was "conservative" he fulfilled the prophesy he didn't "change" it.

4. Lucifer - Lawyer - Liberal, is there a patern here?

5. Believe in God and Christ or DIE. That doesn't mean "Allah" or Budda or anyone/thing else.

top topics

join