It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paramedic vocal after Texas blast facing charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Paramedic vocal after Texas blast facing charges

news.yahoo.com

On Friday, Reed was charged with possessing bomb-making material, including chemical powders — though authorities stressed he hadn't been linked to the plant explosion. And an email obtained by The Associated Press showed he had been "let go" from the town's emergency response squad a day before his hotel speech.

His arrest also drew attention because it came the same day Texas law enforcement officials announced a criminal investigation into the April 17 explosion that killed 14 people, including 10 firefighters and paramedics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So was this not an accident as we were being told? He has yet to be linked to the explosion but it seems like that is what is coming next. Right now they have only arrested him for possessing "bomb-making materials, including chemical powers". He has also been "let-go" from his job as an EMT.

news.yahoo.com
edit on 5/11/1313 by Martin75 because: spelling

edit on 5/11/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Very interesting. Perhaps this was not an accident, although still seems likely that it was, considering such accidents have happened in the past, and I think that particular plant had been said to be bad.

What is there to link him with the blast? Have any bomb residues been found at the site?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Sorry, I wish I could answer your questions. This article caught me unaware. I have not been able to find anything more. But I am digging, will post if I find more.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Nothing, just "powders". If they ever wanted to tag ME for something like that, I'd be instant victim. I've got all sorts of legal stuff. But it's "powders" and "wires".

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Martin75
So was this not an accident as we were being told? He has yet to be linked to the explosion but it seems like that is what is coming next. Right now they have only arrested him for possessing "bomb-making materials, including chemical powers". He has also been "let-go" from his job as an EMT.

news.yahoo.com
edit on 5/11/1313 by Martin75 because: spelling

edit on 5/11/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

If you are implying a "cover-up" or something "nefarious" by the media or authorities with your peculiar use of "quotation marks" I have to ask... Where did you hear about it? Did the secret operatives fighting for truth pass you the information, or did you read it on yahoo.news.com, because if it was the latter, maybe they didn't have all the facts in when you got the first story.

Since you are getting updates, I don't see a point of "insinuating" anything too "bad" or "evil", just yet. 👍

*edit* disregard my post, I see its yahoo guilty of the """""""""ing
edit on 11-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I used quotes because I took it straight from the article.

Statesman Article
This goes into a bit more detail. They are still looking at the explosion as accidental.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

The affidavit filed with the complaint said the components included a galvanized metal pipe, hobby fuse, lighter and several pounds of chemical powders — ingredients for a pipe bomb.

What does this even mean? I have metal pipe, fuse, lighters and various chemicals around the house too, and all sorts of electronics, wires, batteries, and timers. But I live on a farm and I'm an engineer.

What's the law for this? Anything we can think of is fair game? I could take the contents of a dozen car batteries and make some very decent explosive, given some time and chemicals I can get at the hardware store. Does possessing batteries thus count as having an explosive device? It seems like a mopery charge on steroids - do something we find suspicious and we just trump it up out of pure bs.

eta: if you've got "fuel tablets" from walmart for making coffee in a camp situation, YOU HAVE EXPLOSIVE PRECURSORS!!!11!! In fact, add a few more reagents and it's the primary feedstock for making RDX/HDX.

What RDX's Primary Ingredient May Look Like

eta more: OMG!! I reload. I've got a TON of "powders". Is THAT what they're talking about? The guy's a reloader and he had some pipe out back?
edit on 11-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

To be perfectly honest, an ordinary bag of bread making flour and a match could be classed as a potential explosive device.

Flour makes a pretty good bang under certain circumstances.

As does diesel and plant ferts...in fact, there are MANY innocuous powders and chemicals in the average home that could be classed as potential bomb making ingredients.

For this reason alone, i'd say they have to have much more 'on' this guy than just innocent household chemicals and supplies.

Perhaps he had all of the required bomb making ingredients, individually innocent ingredients or not, laid out on his workbench half assembled into an explosive device...not so innocent when they are being put together to go boom!

edit on 11-5-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
For this reason alone, i'd say they have to have much more 'on' this guy than just innocent household chemicals and supplies.

Sure didn't sound like it from their description.

Maybe they're really stretching, and it's just fireworks, reloading supplies and some metal pipe laying around the house.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I don't know about the US, where things don't seem to make sense much of the time, but here in the UK if you had the articles you described it would not be any immediate cause for concern. The Police would take it into context...

For example, you said you're an Engineer and I am sure you could verify that if the Police came round asking questions. However, if you were a a cheesemaker and had a motive (such as tweeting "The President must die!") then the Police would most likely look at you with suspicion.

Nearly everyone has at least some of the materials required to make either an explosive or chemical weapon at home - it's whether you have the intent and the know how to actually use them like that...

top topics

join