It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Marvel Unlimited App.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I've been using this app for a few days now.
I have only been reading the freebies so far but am considering paying for a few.
I've read some of the old school classic stuff, I read some classic Spidey ones on "The Amazing Spiderman Game", that was where I first heard of Miles Morales.
So as I say i've been reading the freebies, (Avengers and Iron Man mainly) I came across this Spiderman Miles character. I can only read the first issue and I notice theres a few missing from their series (I hate that and it would make me not buy any of them), anyway I read it and liked it, then I read the Ultimate Peter Parker version (again first issue) I liked that too.
These two comics have practically identicle startings to them, the story about Arachne and the Goddess, it's in both comics being told to another scientist by Norman Osborne, different scintists in each comic though, and the Miles version goes into a tiny little bit more detail.

Anyway, kinda getting side tracked, are these two comics actually related like follow -on?
Or completely different series of Spiderman altogether?

Whats a good place to start with these things?

A prime example of my confusion: The New Avengers, it goes from "Heroic Age" to nothing then to "Avengers vs X-Men", its all a bit confusing for a complete new comer to comics, I know comic heroes through cartoons and movies.

[Size=-4]I guess this can be a place to talk about Marvel Unlimited and any comics on there.
Move if need be mods.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I couldn't help ya since I don't read Ultimate or Unlimited universe titles. Another ATS member gave me some really good advice when I became a new Marvel reader...go to a local comic book shop and ask questions.

I just stick with classic Amazing Spider-Man so I don't know much about the Ultimate universe and Miles Morales.

It can get really confusing with all the different titles, reboots, and crossovers. Although there tend to be a lot of interweaving story arcs in comics, I wouldn't worry too much about reading every issue...most are designed so that you can get updated on facts as you read. Most comics are designed so you can fall right into them without being too terribly overwhelmed by back story.

Good luck and let me know how the series is! I'm reading Superior Spider-Man right now and it's a terrific title.

And you can try Marvel.com for some info, though it's not the best-organized site. Also wiki up a few titles to get a general idea of what they're about and how they relate to each other. For example, Amazing Spider-Man had a "sister" title that ran at the same time called Spectacular Spider-Man; their stories often intertwined.
edit on 11-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

join