It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best brand of chocolate to use to make chocolate ganache?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm going to make a cake and I want to cover the cake with chocolate ganache. But I don't know what kind of chocolate to use?
. If anyone here has ever made chocolate ganache, could you please tell me what kind of chocolate you used?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lllNixielll

I have heard that Ghirardelli chocolate is the absolute best for topings and icings.

I have not had it made into anything but I have had it in the bar form.

It is Very smooth and creamy.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Scharffen Berger makes nice one ounce squares of their high quality chocolate.

They've worked for me in the past
edit on 11-5-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lllNixielll

Probably Dove chocolate. That stuff is good. Take some dove chocolate candies and heat them up and add confectioners sugar to make it icy. Do it!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I use Ghiradelli's dark chocolate chips (60% cacao) and heavy cream. Here's the recipe link allrecipes.com...[/url]

I used it both whipped as a filling and poured on top of a coconut cake frosted with coconut buttercream. It was amazing if I do say so myself.

Note: let the ganache cool more than "slightly". Most ganache recipes say to cool to room temp, about four hours. My filling was fine, but pouring while too warm will give you a thin coating and will run all over your counter!

edit on 11-5-2013 by missvicky because: to add Note

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Thank you, everyone!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Yep, and use the chips, not the squares...as they will melt easier.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Hello you can use best chocolate brands that are nestle, Hershey etc I have use this to make ganache,the taste was really awesome everyone at home enjoyed it,I hope you will also like it.

Want it now
edit on 17-5-2013 by msmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I always use semisweet chocolate to make ganache.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wilton makes this little candy melter which is amazing. It is like a little crock pot, but designed to be the right temp for working with chocolate. I have two of them (as I often work in regular and white chocolate at the same time, when making some things), and they are fantastic. No more worrying about the right temp, etc.

top topics

join