It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
As long as good men allow evil to triumph, evil will triumph.

Maybe this man was under the influence and required a bit more force to subdue than others. Nothing he did was worthy of death.

I am beginning to think that my firearm will be used to save someone from being killed by police rather than being used to protect myself from a criminal who doesn't have a badge.

My phone/camera will not be the questionable item.

This man's life could have been saved by an armed citizen. Would you have saved his life?

Would you expect me to save yours should you fall into his situation? Would you save mine?

edit on 11-5-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by winofiend
There should be a service (nopt sure if there is actually) that lets you stream your video direct to an online server.

So they can nick your phone all they like, the evidence is already on the net.

I swear every time I read or hear about this sort of thing, seeing it just makes me want to puke... they know exactly what they're doing and they don't want it spread about. Well it's getting very very short on everyones limits...

last time I mentioned what I'd do in such a situation, I got a u2u with a naughty naughty.

grr

I am pretty sure there was an app that let people directly stream to YouTube. I remember reading another police brutality case where this was how the video got leaked to the public. Not sure if it was the cop shooting kid on back at train station or which one specifically, but yeah, everyone needs an app where you click it, it automatically starts recording and uploading.

Seems "obstruction of justice" is not a two-way street.

Actually, googleing around a bit, I found this service -

bambuser.com...

I'm not sure if someone else has mentioned it. But it seems to follow the idea. But as Bedlam said, streaming over the phone services could be problematic, and wifi-wifi would be better, so I don't really know. I know I only use a normal phone call making phone that has nothing else but a keypad and a tiny display, so I've never had the thought before. I do have an old android phone but it's more a music player than a phone in it's use, but it has wifi.

But if the end result is carrying two phones around, one just for storage, then you may as well just give the coppers the one without the footage, just tell them you only had the one.

I intentionally skipped the mobile phone technology boat. lol. now I wish I'd boarded so I could sit here and come up with ideas.. as it is, I'm looking at the thing from the outside.

Actually, what about ustream. I am sure I saw someone using it with their mobile phone suring the occupy protests.

*stops prattling, starts looking into it*

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I hope, after a story like this, ATS people take a moment to find the right app for their device that will made 'taking' it a worthless gesture if such a thing comes up.

This this a thousand times this!

All the services in the world wouldn't make a difference if it's not something someone considers before things happen. I know I don't go out expecting the law enforcement officers to effectively sentence me to death, if I intend on having a few drinks.

But I do know that if I ever get a smart phone and use it as it's intended (not just a dead device with mu music on it) I'll ensure I can do this sort of thing. My crappy phone more often than not locks up if I try to access the camera on it. Was a really bad purchase choice 3 years ago.. ha.

I'm glad where I live, I've never seen the law do anything that would warrant such action. it has happened to be sure, but it's not something out there and obvious in such a manner. We have more cases of cops being bashed in the news than we have of people being assaulted by them.

Tasering, otoh, well thats a different story and the one case we have here that is still in the news, happened in the lockup ON camera. And they were charged with it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Oh forgot, yes there are several services desinged to stream your footage so it wont get lost. There is systems like dropbox but also specifically for streaming videos there's Qik (not sure if I remember name right). It was kind of desinged to people who film cops and was inspired by the occupy movement and their filming of police.

It would make sense that in these times of mobile computing where you can tweet a snap of your hamburger, that there would be such services. I've just never thought about it, but this thread has shown me that there are some services out there.

It's actually still surprising that it's not as popular as I'd have imagined. I remember easily 10 years ago, seeing someone in a hungry jacks talking on their new mobile phone, with mms, they were deaf and signing to each other. Over the phone.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
No one should be killed over a misdemeanor like resisting arrest. 8 police officers bashing one man's head in with batons, is 100% more EVIL than a misdemeanor like resisting arrest. He was unarmed. Public intoxication doesn't warrant the use of deadly force, or the death penalty! Yeah, I'd be resisting 8 people who were bashing my head in, too...

lol, you're damn right police were frantic and went out of their way to get EMERGENCY SEARCH WARRANTS to confiscate people's cell phones from their homes. Indeed those cell phone recordings WERE "evidence" -- evidence against THEM. Their guilty conscience kicked in the moment they knew they were recorded bashing his brains in.
edit on 12-5-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

Originally posted by winofiend
I swear every time I read or hear about this sort of thing, seeing it just makes me want to puke...

Well it's getting very very short on everyones limits...

last time I mentioned what I'd do in such a situation, I got a u2u with a naughty naughty.

grr

so it makes you want to puke?

Yep. Sure does. Police brutality makes me want to puke. Are you a police officer?

what is getting short "on everyons limits"

Constant police brutality and corruption. You know, the story.

how do you know it is getting short on "EVERYONES" limits???

Common sense. The more it happens, the less people accept it as an off chance occurrence. It eventually gets to breaking point and you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't result in someone handing out hugs to a bunch of random officers.

Are you God?

No, I exist.

Sounds like you have a resentment about getting corrected by authority.

Beaten to death is not being corrected by authority. I find it rather odd that you consider the beating to death of someone, being corrected.

GRR

Yep, that's exactly how I feel.

So what would you DO in such a situation???

Can't say. But it would result in those officers not being in any position to beat someone to death ever again.

Have a nice day, officer.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I imagine a lot of you cop hating all
LEO's are bad based on drawing your
conclusions from one incident here of
basic human nature acting unbridled
by either morals and values or ethics.

are also the same who demonize all
firearms due to just a few people misusing them

Ahhh It makes sense now. You don't like me because of my opinions on your guns.

Oooh I bet that felt good.. eh?

now run along, you're not interested in the topic.. Just sneako punches as your scurry away.. lol

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
You know the nice thing about all of this is that he won't be resisting arrest again.

What a moron.

So you want alcohol to be made illegal like in islamic countries, because alcohol is juvenile and puts police in danger of being scared, and now you say it's nice he's dead because he wont resist again.

Far out, really.. idiot.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
One incident? Really?

Try hundreds every year, with an ever increasing frequency.

Also on the topic of guns, I would bet money, most folks that have a problem with this, own guns, or are against strict gun control.

I for one would like to see way less police, and way more citizens armed and defending themselves, instead of relying on a nanny state, which is where this problem stems from.

I think that guy is butthurt about me, and was referring to my opinions on the plethora of gun threads on here, which I've been very vocal in. He probably doesn't have the ability to realise that he's incorrect about what I say, which I won't go into here, suffice to say that it has nothing to do with taking guns away or making people pay for the actions of a few.

I wouldn't bother with his 'attack and run' posts... if he had any balls, he'd have said something directly, and not hidden it behind seeming indignant about 'cop haters'.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

wait till a real bad boy
breaks into your home
and you will be wetting
yourself dialing 911
praying the police
get there soon.

Ooh ooh will they kill him too?

I would be "dialing" them to do their job, as they are supposed to do. Not to enforce thuggery.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I hate to tell you, but this slow escalation of police violence is planned Psywar technique.
You are being boiled frogs, and you dont seem to get the urgency of your danger.....

Unless really soon the majority attitudes change to ones of defiance and recrimination, and the peoples
best interests are served through the demands of the populace....
well.....
youll just be a bunch of friggin boiled frogs.........

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY,

Somebody sees it, WOW. Absolutely right, and it's not, I repeat, NOT just the increase (by design) of police acts of GENOCIDE BY PROXY, the same Porgram,

Is being carried out in the

Family courts. - EVERY DAY, a child is being murdered after being court ordered to live with KNOWN VIOLENT ABUSER, fact. There are watchdogs keeping track and the numbers of children murdered by court ordered child abuse with Direct aid via Psychiatrists working for courts, is an EPIDEMIC in this nation...

Child Trafficking aka child protection RACKET, also family courts, children being either murdered or Permantly harmed via forced drugging in the THOUSANDS

Mysterious Deaths and there is a PATTERN of Young men in jails, not prisons, but jails AND older women about average age forties on up...TWO a MONTH in this nation, Mysterious heart attacks young (Tasers torture) and mysterious Diabetes in women, blatant medical neglect possible torture, these cases are growing leaps and bounds

Mysterious suicides of Vets on forced drugging and Young women, also suicide, forced or coerced drugging, in addition to this suicides rising among young teens, again forced drugging...Same

MENTAL HEALTH that works with these young kids, etc forced drugging ALSO is contracted out for Family Courts...and used via Probation (court ordered forced drugging, for crimes from DUI to petty theft) Relevance here is all are Contracted under the Dept of SS Human Services, and under Their watch

Deaths, mysterious deaths are increasing...

Disabled, children, young adults, Women, mysteriously dying OR being completely brain fried AND of course GALS, under DHS and family courts extorting bank accounts, houses, any family monies...these Mysterious deaths and horrid abuses almost Every time, oh include the Elderly too as those numbers are growing as well, are increasing leaps and bounds.

Want proof, while the man there is some controversy About him, so I've heard, the Testimonies however, and including in front of many Congress people, numbers in the Thousand I believe...you can watch for yourself, that's just court corruption,

On the level of Stalinist Soviet Union. You Tube, just type Lawless America,

There are hundreds of testimony, recent ones. False arrests, court ordered abuse, court ordered deaths, extortion, you name it, IF you watch all of these and can't see that there is a planned out Holocaust,

You're in serious denial. the WRITING IS ALL OVER THE WALL -- Boiling frog is correct, and they are turning up the heat in a big way...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
these cowboys need the same punishment inflicted back on them

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

you're the man. good quote about god making men vaguely dim. rofl.

these msm watching kids haven't put an ounce of thought into this subject.

still in order from their scripted mental chaos. divided in and against themselves. conquered entirely.

no man can beat another to death. no man is above another. no govt or state agency is above any man or woman.

i already said what i'd do, record it while yelling at them that i'm recording, thus making them stop and turn their hateful wrath on me, thus leading to me running for my dear life, but saving the man, and getting the evidence. boom problem solved.

while i'd like to say there are good cops and it's a dangerous job that does require force sometimes, this is disgusting. the cops here deserve things that i can't say without involving seemingly terroristic threats lol.

but when you hire low iq thugs this is what happens, in fact it's all part of the script. this is all for your reaction. the revolution programming is here. i've seen it for quite a few years now. once the idiots among us revolt the ptb get their full police state, pop reduction, and everything they ever wanted on a silver plate. and worse, if they don't revolt then they're just putting the collars on. here it comes. and no one reading this has any clue exactly how real the s*** i'm saying is. this is all written.

we need self sufficiency and reliability. free energy (nitinol, wind, solar). unlimited education (internet, dummies). critical thinking skills. we need unity, love, understanding, and limitless compassion. i understand why these cops did this. i understand why the witnesses just gave up their evidence. i understand why the man allowed himself to be beat to death. it's all sad, only. we need to grow up and understand all that we see.
edit on 12-5-2013 by unstoppability because: better iteration

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
No doubt the cops will go on record claiming their lives were endangered by this diabolical killer and therefore they had no choice but to murder him. The union will help them claim that they were traumatized by Silva's attack on them so they can argue for early retirement. In the end, they'll be richer, fatter and happier and will spend the rest of their lives collecting their pensions and laughing with their colleagues about the great fun they had beating Silva to death, among their other crimes against humanity.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
There is something seriously wrong with the judicial system that believes it's righteous and just to beat a unarmed man to death with a metal bat for disorderly conduct. These cops that did this are nothing more than murderers. I hope the family gets justice.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This happened in my town so its a bit close to home, if you forgive the pun. This kind of crap happens all the time around here, the sheriff around here are notorious around here for being thugs. I think we are still waiting for the report to come out from the CHP for the pigs that ran over the two people and basically got away with it. This will be suppressed, the officers will be placed on paid administrative leave, until people forget, than its back to work to kill the next unsuspecting smuck

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

You are right,it cannot happen or the whole file would be corrupted, it's called indexing, which means if not all the video is there, it cannot be played at all.

Also surely a video recording device cannot be confiscated without a warrant, and as mentioned about without just cause/criminal suspicion?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here's interesting information regarding your rights in recording videos, audio and images:

www.aclupa.org...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kromlech

On the other hand, QUIT BEING A PUBLICLY-INTOXICATED PISSANT WHO RESISTS ARREST, a-hole!!!

How do you know that the guy was intoxicated or resisting an arrest? Because the cops, the same ones who beat him to death, said so?

Enjoy your freedom and democracy!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Here is what i found out:

USING A VIDEO RECORDER (INCLUDING CELL PHONES) WITH AUDIO CAPACITY
You have a right to capture images in public places, but you don't always have a right to record what people say. Pennsylvania's Wiretap Law makes it illegal to record private conversations - which can include conversations in public places - without the consent of all parties to the conversation. Conversations with police in the course of their duties are not private conversations, but many other things you may record on a public street are.

You have the right to videotape and audiotape police officers performing official duties in public. It is not a violation of the Pennsylvania Wiretap Law to do so. That means you can record an officer during a traffic stop, during an interrogation, or while he or she is making an arrest.
You can record people protesting or giving speeches in public.
The Pennsylvania Wiretap Law does make it illegal to record any electronically transmitted conversation. Never record a telephone conversation without the permission of all parties to the conversation.
IF YOU ARE STOPPED OR DETAINED FOR TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS OR VIDEOS
Always remain polite and never physically resist a police officer.
If stopped for photography, ask if you are free to go. If the officer says no, then you are being detained, something an officer cannot do without reasonable suspicion that you have or are about to commit a crime or are in the process of doing so. Until you ask to leave, your being stopped is considered voluntary under the law and is legal.
If you are detained, politely state that you believe you have the right to take pictures or video and that you do not consent to the officer looking through or deleting anything on your camera. But if the officer reaches for your camera or phone, do not resist. Simply repeat that you do not consent to any search or seizure. You don't want to invite a charge for "resisting arrest."

www.aclupa.org...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join