It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I hope I helped in this search for answers.

I still can't believe I made a phone call to OS. I'll remember that forever. Jim mentions the Feds and I stop talking. ROFL

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

His way to put the clamps on you. NASA does not want you getting too nosey.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by sticky

His way to put the clamps on you. NASA does not want you getting too nosey.

Nahh.. I don't believe that at all. I'm just not aware of the laws regarding journalism and I had recorded part of the conversation I had. After I posted that file to this thread, he warned me that by doing so may be illegal.

Good looking out Jim!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet, but the meteor shower created by Halley's Comet peaked on Sunday/early Monday. That's what we're seeing in the video is meteors continuing to enter the atmosphere.

Even the poster of the video on YouTube suggests meteors, as well as many who commented on the video. A little research will keep Identified Flying Objects (IFO's) from being posted in the UFO forum.

If you think those equidistant lights are meteors
I have 3 emploded buildings to sell you.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

I'm confident the fireball swarm was debris of the Cygnus mass simulator.

How about you sell me your own house?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

I would like Bybots to bring his old avatar back.

OK I'll switch it out, but this will help it make more sense. If you or anyone else caught the Electronic Harassment show last night on Coast to Coast, you will enjoy this...

Air Loom: The Curious Case of James Tilly Matthews

Also: Wake Up And Smell The Street Theater: An ATS Field Guide to Gangstalking
edit on 16-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by sealing

I'm confident the fireball swarm was debris of the Cygnus mass simulator.

How about you sell me your own house?

Slow moving object debris as Cygnus mass simulator? i dont think so again space debris dont fall so slow. Can you name one space debris that has being in two same countries with multiple eyewitness?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
South America seems a hot spot for this kind of event however I believe it will be government aircraft

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by originalbigfoot
South America seems a hot spot for this kind of event however I believe it will be government aircraft

South America has a privileged position vis-a-vis orbital flight out of Russian, the southern part of the continent is near a dynamic conjugate point -- it's 180 degree along the orbital track of objects launched from Russian cosmodromes, where secondary thrusting maneuvers often are made. Throughout the 1970s and 1980s especially, several times a year there were mass post-sunset sightings in all those countries of excess fuel dumps following such rocket burns, that triggered 'classic' OVNI phenomena. One particular witness even reported -- confirmed under hypnosis -- having sex with the OVNI female captain. I'm not making this up.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Finally... story posted.

science.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

And as usual the Mainstream News Outlets as typical are blaming it upon on an Orbital satellite, this comes from two weeks and a month of silence.

but it was also the cause of a UFO mystery, at least for a little while. The spacecraft was a dummy payload, which was launched into orbit on April 21 aboard Orbital's newly developed Antares booster during its maiden flight. The satellite's primary purpose was to simulate the mass of the company's Cygnus cargo capsule, which will eventually be launched by the Antares to resupply the International Space Station.

So let me get this straight this was nothing more then an Cygnus Mass Simulator based on the six videos we have show nothing more then differently then an space debris.

The NBC article, still hasn't explained one question since when do space debris fall so slow?

This map of South America shows segments of the Cygnus Mass Simulator's final orbits, ending with re-entry over Argentina. The final track matches up well with UFO sightings on the night of May 9-10.

The final track doesn't match with the UFO sightings on the night of May 9-10. As there has being multiple eyewitness accounts.

But of course JimOberg believes the mainstream news outlets so whatever the MSM says it must be true.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Most of the video's are pretty good. There is for sure an object in the sky. I think it was a hoax though. Private party black ops mini blimp flight. Flying two in two separate cities, is a sweet plan. I have a friend who does stuff like this on a smaller scale. His objects show up on youtube sometimes, filmed and posted by outside parties. The only thing keeping him from sending up bigger objects is budget.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JimboSliceLV

I think it was a hoax though. Private party black ops mini blimp flight. Flying two in two separate cities

Private party black ops mini blimp flight which the object was seen in two countries?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
The NBC article, still hasn't explained one question since when do space debris fall so slow?

Exactly how did you determine the speed and distance?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Exactly how did you determine the speed and distance?
everyone knows that alien metal falls slower than American made metal.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Private party black ops mini blimp flight which the object was seen in two countries?

Black Ops Mini Blimp [BOMB] would be a killer band name... and their debut album title should be Private Party.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Statement from Barry Beneski at Orbital
Full text below, my NBC News story only used a few quotes and reworded other parts.

This is for the record, for anyone else to use, just courtesy Orbital Sciences Corp.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:12 AM

Hello Jim:

It was good speaking with you a few minutes ago. Here's what we discussed over the phone:

"Orbital has seen the report and the video of the reentry of an object from space over South America. We too believe it was likely the Cygnus mass simulator reentering Earth's atmosphere, as the report speculates, after spending 18 days in orbit following its launch aboard the test flight of our Antares rocket. Our flight dynamics engineers have confirmed that ground track of the payload would have placed the payload over South America at about the same time of the news reports of the reentry of the object from space. Further, Orbital specifically designed the mass simulator with a frame structure that provided a maximum amount of surface area to contact the atmosphere upon reentry to ensure that there would be no debris survival. This is consistent with the video of the object breaking up into several pieces, a result we would expect based on the mass simulator design.

Our team of engineers who work on the Cygnus program and were involved in the development and production of the simulator all signed their names to the exterior surface of the structure prior to its launch. Upon seeing the video of their "baby" reentering Earth's atmosphere, several of them were heard to remark simultaneously, "...that is way cool!"

Orbital also offered a summary statement on the event, stating, "What we witnessed was a spectacular end to a great beginning," referencing the successful test flight of the Antares rocket, which will first be used to launch cargo resupply mission to the International Space Station.

Attached are a couple of jpeg files that show the design of the simulator. Two are simple engineering drawings and the other is a photo taken with the exterior panels opened to the simulator. Notice the signatures on the lower portion of the exterior panels.

Also, below is a link to our YouTube channel and the video (toward the end) that shows the separation of the payload. Look at exactly 1:58 to 2:03 of the video, which shows payload separation and has a super view of the frame structure of the payload.

I hope all this helps.

Regards,

Barry
Barron Beneski: Vice President, Corporate Communications
Orbital Sciences Corporation
Phone: (703) 406-5528 | Fax: (703) 406-5572

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
USSTRATCOM appears to have been confused about which of 6 objects orbited by the antares launch, was which. Here is the assessment by satellite records keeper Jonathan McDowell:

Jonathan mcdowell // 05/13/2013 11:39 PM
forum.nasaspaceflight.com...

My best guess right now:

Object         My guess              USSTRATCOM

39142          Alexander?             Cygnus
39143          Bell?                      Dove
39144          Dove                     Alexander
39145          Cygnus                  Bell
39146          Graham?                Graham
39147          Stage 2                  Stage 2

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The NBC story was held up at least two days trying to winkle a more helpful answer out of USSTRATCOM PAO in Omaha. This is all they had provided, directing me to a website for which I do not have a password.:

To: '[email protected]'
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:41 AM
Subject: Re-entry question

Sir –
Our Joint Functional Component Command for Space constantly tracks man-made objects orbiting the Earth.  Our analysts work around the clock in the Joint Space Operations Center to constantly track these objects and keep those with space assets aware of potential threats.  Along those lines, the information about the re-entry event you referenced was posted on Space-track.org: www.space-track.org...

V/r
LCDR Murdock

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Another useful for-the-record archive would be selections from the youtube comments -- took some work to edit and compile, so I hope the content is legit for ATS:

www.youtube.com...

All times relative to copy-down time of may 15, 3 pm

MyCatFooed 23 hours ago
I don't know the speed & I don't own a RADAR. I don't believe that it takes a rocket scientist to discern that what is captured in the videos is absolutely NOT due to "satellite decay", which is what I stated to MrHer012345. I can conclude that this is certainly NOT due to satellite decay. Entry to our atmosphere is typically @ 15,000 - and can be MUCH faster of a velocity! Knowing the precise speed is not necessary to unequivocally state that this was NOT debris of a satellite!

Andy Gray 1 day ago
Some f**king arsehole just said this was a satellite re-entry, It would be burning up for a start and not to mention the high speed it would be travelling and it’s a little bit big for a satellite.

collomps 1 day ago
This IS a reentry or spacial object burning out in the atmosphere. Just look some videos from re-entrys. They look all the same. /watch?v=e2OiAk1l2vs

newmanfrigan 1 day ago
No es possible. Meteoritos son mas largos y no se pueden volar en proximidad.

cosmoneano51 1 day ago
Es una nave nodrizaa es una enormidad

Tim Jansen 1 day ago
it was the Cygnus mass simulator, a payload lofted into space by the Antares rocket in April. That was the first successful launch of the rocket by the Orbital Sciences Corporation, placing several small satellites into orbit...
On Thursday night local time (Friday morning, May 10 at about 01:00 UTC), the Cygnus dummy payload dropped down enough to experience re-entry. Google it, It's is no longer a UFO from now on....

zetalore 1 day ago
awesome, its like a christmas tree in the sky.

SilentSoldier150 2 days ago
That is clearly one large object - not a cluster of smaller ones. Incredible nonetheless.

MrBouboua 2 days ago
The UFO video from Argentina (1st part) seems real (huge mship). But the video from Chile (last one) is damn fake and was surely made by glass reflection from the original one! It's the usual effort of disinformation whenever there's a proof of a real big thing showing-up

MUSK damuskatear 2 days ago
i dont have to jump to the conclusion that its an advanced civilisation but i damn well sure know that its not debris from a satellite re-entering earth. id rather much stick to the advanced civilisation which looks way more plausible then debris, had you said something else like us military then yes i would agree but debris no sir it is not

ScottSkynetT800 2 days ago
Satellite re-entry

Ansinth3 2 days ago
@emeraldaisle Since when do meteors move parallel to the ground, and move synchronously in a large group? Please like me to one of the many videos on YouTube to prove your point! I'm not saying its aliens, but don't be ignorant man.

MrHer012345 3 days ago
Definitely satellite decay

svirrsvarr 3 days ago
Not meteorites, way to slow to be that, and they are traveling straight horizontally.

BringDHouseDown 3 days ago
please just...since when do meteors.....um okay how can i put this nicely...............FOLLOW F**KING PHYSICS!....ty

PhsykoOmen 3 days ago
honest opinion. It looks like it moves as one, flashing 'warning' lights on the outer edge. So definiately one big craft of some sort. damn big actually.

Alex Xiphos 4 days ago
At first i thought they were meteors but it soon became apparent the object(s) is moving far too slow to be a meteor. It's either aliens or a passenger jet with lights on the bottom. Or Mythbusters up to their usual fun...

456bronx 4 days ago
Could be a lot of things but Pretty slow 4 meteors, & i'm pretty sure they don't fly information or have light switches that blink on & off,. but you're probably an astronomer since your making such claims.

360DarkNova 4 days ago
Looks slow but it is not because of its high altitude. This is very likely to be space debris. No it does not blink "on & off", due to irregularities in the object the burning of the object would differ all throughout. No I'm not an astronomer.

lehappymerchant 4 days ago
Did some #ing moron just say it was Cygnus? Really?.. Seriously, wake the # up people. It's a UFO. Accept it and get over it. I swear, that thing could have landed on JimOberg's autistic face and he'd still deny what it is.

dvm590 4 days ago
..ok so if its military, its secret so why the lights? if its an astroid why is it not falling to earth? I think its a spacecraft whoss occupents could give a rats butt cheek if we see fhem cuz there is not a thing we can do about it. its like humans hiding from ants....why would we be in fear of such a imferior creature..get it?

JamesOberg 4 days ago
One word: Cygnus.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join