It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
we had something like this over our city last night.

www.stuff.co.nz...

there is a video on that page, as well as a small article.

a reddish colour, very strange.
(would've made a new thread for discussion, but i'm too new!)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hey guys! I saw this yesterday on the news. ( I live in Coquimbo, Chile) and according to the news people its a meteor shower of some sort. I wasn't paying much attention but I remember hearing them saying that they're pieces of comet Halley. Here is what I saw, sorry I can't translate it right now but you'll see they call it a "lluvia de meteoritos" or meteor shower.

www.meganoticias.cl...
edit on 11-5-2013 by cloudieallover because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by JrDavis

Many meteors some in a shallow angles. That's been posted in this thread already. Also Man-made debris almost always comes in at a shallow angle, because it is already following a path parallel to the atmosphere. Eventually it skims a little too close, and begins a long shallow trajectory the rest of the way down.
It' already been shown that there is a very high probability that this is a piece of equipment lofted into space last month. It was supposed to come down a few weeks from now, but it came down early.

Do you see the difference?

"A meteor or "shooting star" is the visible streak of light from a meteoroid or micrometeoroid, heated and glowing from entering the Earth's atmosphere, as it sheds glowing material in its wake. Meteors typically occur in the mesosphere at altitudes between 76 km to 100 km (46–62 miles)"

One video has debris that doesn't stay synced together. It separates; which it should because the debris is not the same weight.

The first video which has been posted (I have been following the thread) shows debris that separates over a span of a minute or two.

The video in question - The debris stays together, It doesn't separate and doesn't have a contrail behind it like the first video.

If we are using the first video as reference. The only thing that is similar is both videos have illumination of light, Which do not share the same characteristics.
edit on 11-5-2013 by JrDavis because: Added information.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Exactly

People are not considering that every reentry looks different, yet they usually share similar characteristics.

Here are a couple more examples of confirmed reentries to compare with:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
JrDavis

I do see a difference.
They are two different objects. So I would expect different behavior on reentry.
It depends on how the pieces come off the main body. Each piece has it's own unpredictable set of aerodynamic properties.
Some pieces may present a broad surface to the atmosphere, and could be made of very light materials.
Those would slow down quite a bit, compared to the main body, and appear to peel away.

However, something that has very few parts and is uncomplicated, may break apart into pieces that have the same density, and similar air resistance as the main body. Well, those would probably come close to matching the speed of the main body, for a lot longer. Therefore appearing to come down as if they were tied together, even if they aren't

edit on 11-5-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
Hmmmm....Where is Phage to illuminate us, educate us, and pretty much point out how gullible and foolish we are to believe such phenomena in this infinite universe could possibly exist?

What is there to illuminate? What do you see?

Compare it to the other videos of Meteors and what do you see?

Do you see a tail and streak like normal meteors? No, It's a cluster of lights that move in Sync.

They are not falling down toward earth they are moving across the the sky.

They seem to flash like lights so we can say it's some form of ship.

Unless it's CGI in the sky or some form of holographic thing than we can say it's a form of a ship.

It's not meteors, Multiple people caught it on camera from multiple locations..

Meteors give off light as they heat up in the atmosphere. This type of light is illumination.

I think he's being sarcastic.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

one question :

if , as claimed - this event [ or more correctly alledged chain of events ] took place on may 9th - and the composite youtube was posted on the same day - where are the primary sources for each individuall alledged sighting ?

how did the editor who compiled the youtube vid - get all the stock from alledged disparate sources ?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That (your question) is exactly what has been going through my mind after I watched all the videos and read this thread... Good one. :up

To everyone else (not "ignorant_ape"):

admin warning: The topic if this thread are the videos in question NOT your fellow members (no matter how much you may disagree with them). Stick to the topic and you'll be fine.
You can disagree with your fellow members but do it about the content NOT their personality or what you perceive their motives to be.

Springer...
edit on 5-11-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

That first video is a perfect example!
You are actually seeing two re entries at the same time.
One built to survive it, and the other main portion, meant to perform only in space.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yep little green men from another galaxy. Don't believe the grey crap, that's just in movies, they are definitely 'green'

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Played around with the contrast and brightness of the video. I don't see any smoke trailing behind the objects, so I don't think they are meteors. Although they could be drones.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think that they are giant, high-altitude fireflies. Has anyone who is educated on aerial phenomena attempted to eliminate all of the conventional explanations in this case? It sure would have been a good time for a hoax to be carried out. There are various methods that could have been used to create this effect, and I think it will take some time for researchers to get to the bottom of things. I just hope that the researchers are not the people who automatically assume this is alien in nature. That would mean that the researcher is not objective enough to be a good researcher.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Bybyots

one question :

if , as claimed - this event [ or more correctly alledged chain of events ] took place on may 9th - and the composite youtube was posted on the same day - where are the primary sources for each individuall alledged sighting ?

how did the editor who compiled the youtube vid - get all the stock from alledged disparate sources ?

Perhaps there was a crowd filming, and they shared their videos with the uploader. Perhaps they did not have YouTube accounts, so they gave the uploader of the video in question their films.

You can be a skeptic both ways.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Bybyots

Ok. Don't beat me up for saying it.

Large Kite with fiber optics?

Just a guess.

It would have to be a rather gigantic kite though, at that distance are you kidding me.

This one has me spooked.

What could it be? ET?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Since its from slate and they claim that it was an satellite from April? thats rather impossible. So now in order to clam the down the fears.

Its ok everyone its just a satellite from April.From satellites to Meteors this is how our MSM is trying to dumb us down, yet again.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Cosmic Debris. Satellite reentering atmosphere. I've seen similiar events several times. It looks pretty mind blowing when you see it, though. Sorry, not a craft.
edit on 5/11/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is what I believe we witnessed here in Brisbane last night too. Brighter though, flare like. Will try to find some footage.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Since its from slate and they claim that it was an satellite from April? thats rather impossible. So now in order to clam the down the fears.

Its ok everyone its just a satellite from April.From satellites to Meteors this is how our MSM is trying to dumb us down, yet again.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

The launch was in April yes. The test payload was put in Low Earth orbit, and expected to re enter a few weeks later. After losing energy from Atmospheric friction. It looks like that's what happened. I read another article that the re entry was predicted to be 2 weeks after launch. I'll see if I can find that again

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I did use Google to translate some of the YouTube comments and some folks seem to think that they are meteors.

that does NOT in any way look like a metor .. hence the complete lack of tails.. doesn't even fit within the logic of one..

just say'n ..

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

LEO...

ahhh.. that's like 1500-2000- elevation ! Not sure if THAT is considered LEO for sat's

they keep coming out with all kinds of excuses .. !!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join