It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometric Database of All Adult Americans Hidden in Immigration Reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I used the search function, heard alot of bad things about how much it stinks, looked through hot.top topics. mods, bla bla bla. /end disclaimer

The immigration reform measure the Senate began debating yesterday would create a national biometric database of virtually every adult in the U.S., in what privacy groups fear could be the first step to a ubiquitous national identification system. Buried in the more than 800 pages of the bipartisan legislation (.pdf) is language mandating the creation of the innocuously-named “photo tool,” a massive federal database administered by the Department of Homeland Security and containing names, ages, Social Security numbers and photographs of everyone in the country with a driver’s license or other state-issued photo ID. Employers would be obliged to look up every new hire in the database to verify that they match their photo.

Here is the pdf link: PDF Link

Knowing how well the govt "cares" for us, (please no phone calls to Florida) and seeing as altruistic they are when it comes to getting power & returning it as soon as it is no longer needed, I'm beginning to wonder when we'll see biometric lampposts that scan everyone's retina as they pass by. All in the name of "National Security" of course.

Of course then you have that whole red ball/ brown ball thing.

Source

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great op s&f yes you are right that we are in a NWO and the governments are power hungry its becoming more and more stronger everyday. Smart tv's that invade your privacy by using technology against the owner in their own homes. As I said before, they wanted to monitor all of us in our homes and now they can in the name of new iphones or new samsungs etc. We as consumers want the latest gizmo and they know that so they install spy gear that will know what each and every person is doing and thinking. If you want to become part of the resistance against the evil corporates will have to dump our tech or block the signals. Maybe use their tech against them.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Granted it's been awhile since I've deciphered all the legal-speak in one of congress' bills, but from what I can tell this would only apply to prospective employees who have a "covered identity document". Those are defined as:

1. United States passport, passport card, or a document evidencing lawful permanent resident status or employment authorized status issued to an alien;
  2. enhanced driver's license or identity card issued by a participating State; or an outlying possession of the United States; or
  3. photograph and appropriate identifying information provided by the Secretary of State pursuant to the granting of a visa.

(The list above was taken from the pdf link in the OP.)

Sounds to me like it's just those documents issued to permanent residents, visa holders, and those authorized to enter the country for work. Not every person in the entire country. I've not read the entire thing in detail though, so it's possible I may have missed something. In my brief glance through I didn't see anything that leads me to believe that they're currently intending that it be used for everyone. Maybe they got that impression from part two of the definition? I can see how it could be read that way, but I don't think that's the intention.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Maybe its a test and they are seeing how to implement it into the system.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Well how the hell else are you going to track people who belong in the country? Folks that don't drive need not have a drivers license...they could use a social security number but I'm thinking a photo ID in a database may be more accurate when identifying someone...just my two cents

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

When FDR was prez, the public was told SSN's would never be used as a form of id.

Now you can't get any form of read id without your ssn.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Well how the hell else are you going to track people who belong in the country? Folks that don't drive need not have a drivers license...they could use a social security number but I'm thinking a photo ID in a database may be more accurate when identifying someone...just my two cents

i dunno, let ppl live their life until they give you a reason to interfere with it?

I've given up on the "war on terror" years ago when i noticed no one gave a dang about how porous our southern border is.

Yes, I know someone can smuggle a bomb into this country from the south, but do you realise how expensive oranges would become if we hired Americans to do those jobs?

Oh I forgot, Bush said Americans dont want those kind of jobs.

/end sarcasm
/not directed at you personally

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Mission creep.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

True, and I'm not saying it would never, at any point in the future, be used for every adult in the country. I'm saying that the way it is currently written, it would only apply to people who are permanent residents, are here just for work, or have a visa. But even then, and you'd think they'd have figured this out by now, if there is someone wanting to obtain fake documentation saying they're allowed to work in the country there is someone willing to provide that documentation. Something like this would work for a time, and then be useless as counterfeiters learn to outsmart the technology. Ultimately, I think it's a waste of time and effort not to mention the funding that will be required to implement something like this. Alas, congress doesn't typically ask me what my opinion is on anything.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I think that we are coming very close to this national tracking like you are talking. I work in IT at a hospital and the things that we are mandated to implement for Obamacare is scary. The government will soon be tracking everyone who seeks any kind of healthcare, all for our own good of course.

edit on 5/10/1313 by Martin75 because: spelling

edit on 5/10/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
sounds like a rerun of this online.wsj.com... that was a rerun of this www.cis.org... but with a new name as seen here www.abovetopsecret.com... NOW is very real and soon every one will be in a Date base for ID and be told it is for "your protection"

no not so, it will be for TAX, Health, War, and Crime, Work History and Schooling. Are you fit enough to be in the upper class? or smart enough to be a IT programer? , or are you unfit and can only be a burden that does not need to be in the "class" at all, but still fill the bill in the TAX class.

or belong in a work labor camp, housing, food, and health is provide as long as you do the work, just like Prison's are today, but you can come and go as you please, or are you a threat to the "class ' and can not come and go , can not inter act with others, but still can work., with limited, restricted privileges

or are you a security enforcer, do as your told , can follow orders and are willing to kill when told? then the DOD is where you will fit in., put down the uprising's and to enforce peace and tranquility, make the sweeps for non ID compliant persons, ones that are not in the system or try to hide them selves.

Seems far fetched, have you read any UN by laws or International laws and regs or US ID acts lately? do you Know FEMA DHS TSA rules and guide lines? but you haven't, well here is a start www.un.org... www.splcenter.org... spend some time reading their links and articles, see how close NWO is to becoming fact, not fiction

edit on 11-5-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

edit on 11-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna,
If you believe the boston os, one of the brothers was here on a student visa, yet no one could find out if he actually attended school.

I refuse to google-fu b/c i am dozing off but i remember reading that somewhere.(Can anyone back that up, or has it been debunked?)

Point being we found "the boogeyman" b/c a citizen stepped outside for a smoke.

So despite what its intended use is for, and for whom, i just dont buy it, sorry.

/not saying you believe anything THEY say either btw.

nite all.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
We do not need or want any 800 page "immigration reform (amnesty) bill. Just close the borders. Period.
Illegals here now, when caught, prosecute them.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot

We do not need or want any 800 page "immigration reform (amnesty) bill. Just close the borders. Period.
Illegals here now, when caught, prosecute them.

You should kick yourself out, you're an immigrant, too.

new topics

top topics

join