It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Salt Is Needed For Survival And Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Lawries is pure mono sodium gludimate (MSG)....Google that.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

No it isn't. Seasoned salt is mainly NaCl with spices and flavorings, some of which are autolysed yeast and amino acids (the sodium salt of the glutamine amino acid is MSG)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Salt is WAY more important than this.

Just search the internet for "Salt and Adrenal Glands". It's essential to life.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sea salt is what is needed not processed iodized salt. Lawrey s salt is full of MSG...a neurotoxin, addictive, and
causes obesity. 50 other names for MSG.

running with the wolves

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chagahunter

According to Lawrey's, there is no MSG in their seasoning salt.
Lawrey's FAQ (question 4)

I think it's safe to use... in moderation, of course.

edit on 12-5-2013 by FlapdoodleStork because: to add

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chagahunter
reply to post by jude11

Sea salt is what is needed not processed iodized salt. Lawrey s salt is full of MSG...a neurotoxin, addictive, and

running with the wolves

I always thought MSG stood for "Mmmm...So...Good"

Peace

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ya, I had an Alzheimer's moment on the Lawries...it is Accent that is pure MSG.
The sea salt is best, but Mortens has a production site in San Fran bay and any Navy shipyard waste at the bottom is poisoning the bay water.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
From a survival point of view, a way to make or recycle salt would be the thing to have or know.

Perhaps burning and distilling of various weeds or higher plants, or disolving minerals could be done.

Salt in the sweat increases the activation energy of the evaportion of water and thereby draws away more heat than sweat with less salt.

The difference between sweat and urine is that urine is somewhat filtered to keep this and that in the body fluids.
Sweat is everything disolved in the body fluids; salt, hormones, spices, toxins, anything disolved.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah, that too

running with the wolves

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlapdoodleStork

Natural flavors and spices is another name for MSG. Allowed by the FDA. According to Monsanto , GMO s are
safe and good for us.

running with the wolves

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We are attracted to three things, sugars, fat and salt...
...and in the natural world we would by obtaining these three secure all ninety essential nutrients we need.

Salt usually presents with many of the 40+ micro-minerals we need to survive.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I didn't see any of the alternative names for MSG listed on the new seasoning salt anymore, they are still on the garlic salt though. It has modified food starch still on the garlic salt, which is a free glutamate. A small amount of free glutamates don't hurt us but just like anything else, too much is no good. A lot of negative effects from eating excess amounts can occur.

MSG is a free glutamate, so is hydrolyzed soy protein or modified food starch. Aspertame actually degrades to free glutamates in the body. Bound glutamates slowly and evenly enter the body but too much of them is no good either. They make us feel good, relaxed and they keep us from thinking too much. What better way to dope up society than to add them to everything. A little is good and makes us think better, a lot causes the reward centers of the brain to overload and we get a false sense of feeling good. Then we spend more money that we don't have.

If moderation is used they keep us happy and we can still think clearly and still question who is trying to control us. If we don't get enough glutamates we may need antidepressants. Glutamates are found in aged meats and cheeses, a little bit of free glutamate is also in these. Really aged cheeses like Parmesan Cheese contains high amounts of free glutamates naturally but we usually only put a little of that on things. The free glutamates give you a quick fix but they wear off fast and you crash. I like our beef aged about two weeks, the bound glutamates are just about right, as are the free glutamates. Tastes great and keeps you mellow.

You see, how mellow we are is dependant on what we eat but it is effected also by some things that vary in our digestive systems. Since fermenting raises glutamate levels, some of our gut bacteria can also make them. Also, some people can break apart tyrasine to make tyramines easily, tyramines being glutamates. As we age we can lose this ability and then older people can become impatient and crabby, they need to eat more aged foods. Notice that our old parents bought food and it was doing all sorts of stuff in their fridge, but they cooked it and ate it. I'd just as soon get some aged Italian meats from an Italian who makes the stuff. You could eat Yogurt or KimChi also . Don't get the Yogurt with Carraggeen in it though. That is a whole other problem with weakening the immune system.

Moderation is the clue but in this day and age it is hard to know what is in things. The food industry is deceptive and the FDA allows it. Like the sulfites in food. Took me a lot of searching to find out that their lowering of sulfites is a scam. The FDA requires lower levels of sulfites and then requires sodium Erythrobate to be added to protect us from the sulfites.....Ha Ha....Sodium erythrobate turns the sulfates in the meat to sulfites. There is still sulfites in the food that way. I've been trying to find out now whether the sodium Erythrobate destroys the sulfide bonds in things like N-acetyl Cysteine that is found in these foods. Chances are the answer is yes. NAC is very protective in the body and important.

I still can't advise anyone what to eat, everyone is different. All I can do is to tell what I have found out. Do not be afraid of Glutamates but don't eat too much, especially free glutamates.A little is good but too much is not.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

reply to post by jude11

running with the wolves

I always thought MSG stood for "Mmmm...So...Good"

Peace

MSG is Umami not "Mmmm...So...Good"
I suppose you are close though

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Natural flavors and spices is another name for MSG. Allowed by the FDA. According to Monsanto , GMO s are
safe and good for us.

running with the wolves

Sorry,

No one actually believes this line of thinking and by looking at your posts you are being sarcastic.

This...I like.

Peace

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

safe and good for us.

running with the wolves

It seems that you're right.
I looked up their ingredients, they do have "natural flavor" listed. Apparently "natural flavor" can contain up to 60% MSG and not have to be labeled as MSG.
If you're worried about MSG, you might want to steer clear unless they come clean about the mystery ingredient.
Trust and good faith are pretty much dead between customers and businesses these days.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Not sarcastic. Just not a lot of time for long posts right now. Alittle abrupt maybe
Cant trust most companies whenit
comes to ingredients.

running with the wolves

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Removing fish odor from your hands is simple with Salt. Just rub your hands with a lemon wedge dipped in salt, then rinse with water.

As long as you don't have any open cuts, etc. Otherwise, OUCH!!!

Many scholars argue that the term "salary" came from Roman soldiers being paid a salt wage (or salt allowance).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join