It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expanded US Combat Plans Across Africa??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Now this just got my attention and rattled it a bit. It's one thing to war game and quite another to put out a bidding contract for handling casualties with short notice evacuation requirements.....along with nations being named for the locations anticipated.

The extrication of U.S. Special Forces injured in African military ventures soon will provide contractors with an additional revenue stream, now that the Obama administration plans to keep such vendors on stand-by, 24/7, for cross-continent airborne mobilization.

While the Pentagon’s reliance on private vendors to support international military operations is nothing new, plans to station such providers specific to such a large swath of Africa does deviate from prior procurement actions.

What in the world might be in the off'ing here? The US has had special operations teams as "Advisers" for hunting down the elements to the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) and their child soldiers who run rough over more than one North African nation. However, this is beyond that in scope. FAR beyond it.

A search of prior Tactical Combat Casualty Care and CASEVAC solicitations available via the FedBizOpps system shows that USSOCOM and other Department of Defense units typically and primarily seek only training and equipment.

Rather than soliciting continent-wide provision of emergency medical and flight assistance, those contracting actions generally have sought assistance to enable combatant commands to provide themselves with such medical assistance.
Source

What in the devil is going on? Why the need to establish a Medevac Network?

From the Government Procurement Site:

Place of Performance:

Services shall be based at Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso with services provided to, but not limited to, the recognized political boundaries of Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, and Uganda, as dictated by operational requirements. It is anticipated the most likely locations for missions from the above list would be to: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, and Tunisia.
Ouagadougou,
Burkina Faso
Source

From another page of the same Government bidding contract:

Synopsis:
Added: Apr 01, 2013 4:08 pm
This is a presolicitation notice for U.S. Transportation Command's (USTRANSCOM) upcoming requirement to procure Trans-Sahara STOL services for Casualty Evacuation (CASEVAC), Personnel Airlift, Cargo Airlift, and Air Drop. Please see attached draft Performance Work Statement (PWS).
Source

What in the heck is happening out there? This comes clear out of left field for a long LIST of nations I had no idea the US Department of Defense would see a NEED for active Medical Evacuation services in, in the near future. Reading the rest on there, it reads like building the infrastructure in advance for something which hasn't even happened yet.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

it reads like building the infrastructure in advance for something which hasn't even happened yet.

It's been happening for a long time.

Gold, Oil, Minerals and a butt load more resources too numerous to list.

Of course the US is going in. So is China and that could be interesting.

Yup, nothing like going in to rape and pillage and then call it humanitarian for some reason or other.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just to throw this in for the sake of another POV. Africa is the largest land mass on Earth that would have minimal impact from an Ice Age event due to it being in the equatorial region.

China has empty cities there, the US wants to move in. The big question to my mind is what is Russia doing.

P

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Where do I sign?
Most those guys wield machetes.

edit on 10-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
SOCAFRICA will be a big command this decade. 3rd SF will really pick up and no longer be a sort of bastard stepchild, and I'd sort of expect them to pick up a big base on the continent eventually instead of being out of Ft Bragg, sort of the way 10th operates out of Stuttgart.

The reason is, there are a metric #load of resources in Africa, and the local governments are mostly corrupt and ineffective. The Chinese would like to move in and take control. We want the rare earths and fissiles.

But as far as the medical issue goes, there really AREN'T any advanced medical facilities in most of Africa. If you have some serious injuries, you don't have a lot of options other than to be evac'd to a Navy ship or off to Europe. Or die. That's one reason I'd expect 3rd or AFRICOM to develop some bases with medical resources there.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
GET KONY!!!!!

Ooops, heh heh,! sorry, guess !'m a bit late to the party

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
America: Bringing peace to a neighborhood near you. So long as you got oil and junk...and pose no forseeable military threat.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It is about time they set up standard system for that area of the world. The problem is we have small groups of advisors all over the place coming and going and no real support base on the entire continent. Right now if some one were to get injured it is jerry rigged system of grabbing near assets and or a mix of local assets. Since the US presence in Africa is not going to get large enough for a real base the use of contractors is good move. Better for the troops and cheaper than a base. It also reveals the US will continue to have presence in Africa but, it will remain small.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Small and ruthless.
See: mercinaries; masters of terror; etc.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Just to throw this in for the sake of another POV. Africa is the largest land mass on Earth that would have minimal impact from an Ice Age event due to it being in the equatorial region.

China has empty cities there, the US wants to move in. The big question to my mind is what is Russia doing.

P

Yup, those cities should make anyone go hmmmm?

Already got more of a foothold than anyone with cities that can house 1 million each...overnight. How long would it take someone to house 1 million soldiers in Africa? Not one location but many? The logistics alone is staggering but the Chinese are all set to move in.

Chinese aren't known for short term thinkers nor being anyone's bitch.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
One possible small piece of the puzzle:

Big oil Nigeria has been having some serious problems with the religion of peace and love..... bombings of police stations and some normal activities of creating of mayhem are on the increase.
www.nytimes.com...

ABUJA, Nigeria — Suicide bombers crashed an explosives-laden Volkswagen into a crowded bus on Monday as it was parked at a depot in Kano, northern Nigeria’s largest city, and officials said at least 20 people were killed, possibly many more, as the conflagration spread to four nearby buses.

Another incident
QUOTE:
Reports from Kano say an explosion has occurred around Unguwa Uku along the Zaria Road highway.

Information Nigeria is unable to immediately confirm the incidents, residents of the area said the Joint Task Force, JTF, has already arrived the area and cordoned off the explosion scene thereby blocking the ever busy highway.

In the same vein, another explosion is also reported around the restive Eastern Bye pass area. END QUOTE

This kind of stuff has really increased since 2010 in many countries which have been friendly to Europe and the west. Pick a country and type it's name and see what has been going on.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think as the industrialized nations start running out of resources Africa,with vast amounts of as yet untapped,will be the future.The Chinese realize this and built the cities or havens.We are getting around to it.Like maybe starting a medical evacuation infrastructure anticipating war casualties?I hope I'm wrong on this but...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

you surely, my dear wrabbit, must be aware that the US has been directing a policy of genocide against Africans
since dr. death kissinger published his infamous memo

Henry Kissinger's 1974 Plan for Food Control Genocide

On Dec. 10, 1974, the U.S. National Security Council under Henry Kissinger completed a classified 200-page study, “National Security Study Memorandum 200: Implications of Worldwide Population Growth for U.S. Security and Overseas Interests.” The study falsely claimed that population growth in the so-called Lesser Developed Countries (LDCs) was a grave threat to U.S. national security. Adopted as official policy in November 1975 by President Gerald Ford, NSSM 200 outlined a covert plan to reduce population growth in those countries through birth control, and also, implicitly, war and famine. Brent Scowcroft, who had by then replaced Kissinger as national security adviser (the same post Scowcroft was to hold in the Bush administration), was put in charge of implementing the plan. CIA Director George Bush was ordered to assist Scowcroft, as were the secretaries of state, treasury, defense, and agriculture.
The bogus arguments that Kissinger advanced were not original. One of his major sources was the Royal Commission on Population, which King George VI had created in 1944 “to consider what measures should be taken in the national interest to influence the future trend of population.” The commission found that Britain was gravely threatened by population growth in its colonies, since “a populous country has decided advantages over a sparsely-populated one for industrial production.” The combined effects of increasing population and industrialization in its colonies, it warned, “might be decisive in its effects on the prestige and influence of the West,” especially effecting “military strength and security.”

o read the entire NSSM 200 document, click here.

the US has much to answer for, indeed, Karma is a very mean 'female dog"

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Indeed, I'm certainly aware that CIA and others from the USG have been playing as hard to screw up the majority of Africa and rampage the local resources as things like the Peace Corps and USAID have worked to do the opposite. Oddly on this, one of my very first exposures to the world of conspiracy came as a kid and listening to John Stockwell about, among other things, the dirty dealings in Angola and elsewhere. Nasty stuff and going back decades, as you say.

What shocks me here is...this is the infrastructure to evacuate United States combat casualties from a good % of North / North Central Africa. Thats an ENORMOUS area. As you note, it's no brand new area for U.S. representation in the 'black side' of international relations. We've not needed a D.O.D. funded and operated infrastructure all set up to support it before...as the article notes for this being unprecedented.

So what the heck are they playing at and planning? I have a real bad feeling we're all about to learn FAR more about the deepest, darkest Africa than our nation should ever know or get anywhere near. That isn't a place for America, on any level that isn't just supplying aid, IMO. Damn sure not the interior like this.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Who gets the contract for the first hydro electric dam?

Err.... I meant to say the next pipeline.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
I think as the industrialized nations start running out of resources Africa,with vast amounts of as yet untapped,will be the future.The Chinese realize this and built the cities or havens.We are getting around to it.Like maybe starting a medical evacuation infrastructure anticipating war casualties?I hope I'm wrong on this but...

First wave?? Bill and Melinda Gates with their Humanitarian Vaccines?

So far, proven to be more harmful than good.

And let's not forget the aids epidemic that many believe was manufactured to induce culling of a certain demographic. Just throwing it out there.

Peace

edit on 10-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by MrSpad

Small and ruthless.
See: mercinaries; masters of terror; etc.

I'm a part of that world. We hate being called mercenaries. Most of the guys I know are extremely ethical and professional.

If you want a better understanding of the private military world, I suggest you watch an excellent documentary called "Shadow Company". It was made in 2007 I think. I showed it to friends and family who had the same perception as you about my career. It really changed their minds. Knowledge is understanding.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by TDawg61

Who gets the contract for the first hydro electric dam?

Err.... I meant to say the next pipeline.
Ha!Yes I don't think their huts require that kind of wattage for the Dam.The pipeline seems up for grabs at the moment though.So unless its impossible to grow crops in all of Africa I would blame the African leaders incompetence,corruption,greed what have you to start.Have we not been sending food and money for decades now.Like the old saying,give a man a fish,he could eat for a day,but show him how to fish and yada,yada.Also is that report that far fetched?A major famine would drive hundreds of thousands to Europe.Which I hear have their own problems and no way can handle an Exodus that large.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by TDawg61

First wave?? Bill and Melinda Gates with their Humanitarian Vaccines?

So far, proven to be more harmful than good.

And let's not forget the aids epidemic that many believe was manufactured to induce culling of a certain demographic. Just throwing it out there.

Peace

edit on 10-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)
Indeed possible first strike vaccinations.I have not had flu shot since the late 90's and surprise haven't had the flu since then.And yes I've heard a few of the aids origin theory's but without a smoking gun tough to prove but certainly wouldn't put it past us(the west).I'm in the US Midwest and if we have another summer long drought this year I don't know how much we could help.The"Bread Basket"will be VERY light in the near future I fear.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Europe stripped the place once.....
Where we goin when we run out of world to conquer

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join