It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Bat Experience

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread,
but I think it is worthy of it's own as well.

Last year, an old man had a heart attack in my building and as they were wheeling him out we made eye contact ( he had hit his head and was bleeding) and then they took him to the hospital where he died.

Later that afternoon I had to remove a bat from the entryway of our building. When I touched the bat I felt a connection to the old man who just died.....hard to explain, it was almost like he was the bat trying to come home, or that was the thought in my mind at the time.

Eventually I had to go into his apartment and clean up what the next of kin missed when they cleaned his apartment. (They did a wonderful job of cleaning)

There was some blood that was missed, and I cleaned it up.
(not sure if the blood is important or not)

Today, I get a call on my radio that there was a bat in an apartment and I had to go remove it. I grabbed it with leather gloves and then I let it go out the window. It flew away, but I had a weird feeling when touched it...I still can't place what the feeling was, just unusual. Very subtle.

About half an hour after I remove this bat I hear on my walkie talkie that my co worker is calling an ambulance, and saying that we have an injury on the property. Blood everywhere..... So I head over to the building ASAP, and the ambulance is already there, paramedics trying to stop the bleeding on an elderly woman who was on blood thinners and I am guessing diabetic from the look of the hole in her leg that wouldn't stop bleeding.
They rushed her off to the hospital and my co worker and I cleaned up all of the blood in the entry way of the building......It is unknown now what her status is, I hope she is ok.

I have only had to catch 2 bats ever in this building, both times was during a point when someone was either dying or having a life threatening condition....or maybe it is because I will clean up their blood later....strange...bats..........
edit on 10-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That's strange. Were these bat encounters during the day? That would make it even weirder if they were.

I've seen bats before but I've never come close to one until a few nighta ago. I was playing tennis with a friend at about 10:30 PM, I served and the tennis ball hit a bat and it dropped dead from the air to the court. I still feel terrible for accidentally killing it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Yeah, both during the day.

Almost one year apart too. Not sure on exact date last year, but I know around this time.

Poor bat, I'm sure it forgives ya

edit on 10-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I find it very strange that a bat showed up both times when people were affected with some type of health issue.

I don't have any idea what to say, except this seems very odd! An omen, maybe?

ETA: Well.... look what I found!!!
Source: www.google.com... ociated_with_bats&ei=_O2NUZOjH4bQ8QTN7YHYAQ&usg=AFQjCNEAja7MMNXzLVPD5zyNyPN8GlAi-g&sig2=exqXYDZwIEQcVBQyZc1MHw

Folklore in Canada attributes that if a bat lights (lands) in a house, a man in the family will die, however, if it flies around a woman's death is foretold. Some cultures believe that death can be avoided by killing the bat and therefore death will seek out the bat and not the person or persons in the household. In some cultures the bat does not have to actually enter the house but merely fly by, near, or around it. Bats in buildings have also been seen as omens of lesser evils than death. Various myths relate that bats in houses may bring bad luck, or portend that someone in the house will go insane, become blind, be missing the next day, that a letter with bad news will arrive, or that the people in the house will move. Zuni Indian myths, along with lore from North Carolina, Arkansas, and Illinois, all corroborate that bats flying around a chimney, or attempting to enter a building, are a sure sign of rain. While of less consequence than death, woe be it to the bridal couple who has the misfortune to marry in a church with bats in the belfry. A great deal of very bad luck is predicted if a bat flies into the church during a wedding ceremony. While European and North American folklore about bats in buildings generally views bats as portents of misfortune or evil, some benign lore also exists perceiving them as good omens. For example, if a bat lives in a theater, and flies over the stage during rehearsal, the play is guaranteed success. There are so many different omens related to bats, some good, most bad, ranging from death, blindness, insanity, or just plain bad luck. Either way, most bats are harmless and should be treated with respect like any other creature of nature.

edit on 5/11/2013 by sled735 because: add text

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Art Bell had a similar experience right after his father passed away when
a small bat landed on his doorstep and stayed there all day .

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Creepy!! Both during the day, both about a year apart, and both at the time that someone in the building was hurt/dying? EXTREMELY ominous...

I hope the bat forgives me, I would've never hurt him intentionally. Someone told me that it might have honed in on our game and the tennis ball going back and forth with its sonar, leading it to fly in the line of fire. Poor thing...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yeah, some sort of omen I guess.
Kind of hard to ignore the 2nd time around.

Thanks for the added info on bat lore.
Maybe there IS something to it

And arn't you supposed to be on vacation???!?!!?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Art Bell had a similar experience right after his father passed away when
a small bat landed on his doorstep and stayed there all day .

I was a huge Art Bell fan, I never heard about his bat experience though.

Or maybe long ago I did and just forgot......
I miss Art.
I wish he would come back on air.

I spent many nights/mornings drinking coffee and listening.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Yeah, I would have the same problem when I would go out fishing at dusk. Bats would keep hitting my fishing line, although I never accidentally caught one. They will fly after larger objects though because one of the ways to catch them is a tennis ball in pantyhose. You throw it up in the air and when bat hits it, it gets stuck on the pantyhose and can't let go. Tennis racquets the bat can't really sense all that well, which is why they make great bat bats...
Almost impossible any other way that I know of to pick one out of mid air.

Sounds mean, however a lot of people are scared of them. Just flying mice to me. Although I wouldn't want to hurt them, whereas mice, I might.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Hey there Darkblade ... I'm going to follow my instict with this and say that Bat has presented itself to you as a 'Totem Power Animal' ... Bat is a symbol of rebirth and new beginnings ... the lessons brought to you by Bat are telling you to listen to your inner-voice ... it might also indicate that you have the potential for clairaudient ability (as Bat presented itself at times of death / near death) ... this is something you might want to develop at some time as indications would seem to point to your natural ability.

You should also tune-in to Bat when you feel that you're 'in the dark' about something as it will help you to tune your finer senses and inner-wisdom where it will act as a safe guide.

Bat will also help you to adapt and listen to your intuition ... and develop the ability to see through illusion and get straight to the truth of the matter.

Hope this helps to give you a possible explanation for your bat experiences

Woody

edit on 11-5-2013 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Awesome woodwytch!

Thank you for that

Sometimes it's hard to get the message.

I'm on the right track then

As a side note, I am clairaudient for sure. This is something I have known for years, although never took it in any certain direction, just kind of comes in helpful getting through life in one piece..lol That has started to change recently though as I am starting to open myself up again for readings to people in the general public....

Awesome

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

My pleasure ... I've been taking a bit of a backseat here on ATS for the last few months (reading rather than adding input) ... but your thread brought back a flicker of inspiration and it's beginning to feel like I should get back in the paranormal saddle again (so to speak)
... time to dust of my Tarot Thread maybe ... and probably bring in some Totem Animal info too (just a thought)

Anyhoo happy to help and I was serious about developing your clairaudient abilities by listening to your 'inner-voice' ... you just have to trust yourself.

Woody

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

My pleasure ... I've been taking a bit of a backseat here on ATS for the last few months (reading rather than adding input) ... but your thread brought back a flicker of inspiration and it's beginning to feel like I should get back in the paranormal saddle again (so to speak)
... time to dust of my Tarot Thread maybe ... and probably bring in some Totem Animal info too (just a thought)

Anyhoo happy to help and I was serious about developing your clairaudient abilities by listening to your 'inner-voice' ... you just have to trust yourself.

Woody

Yeah, I was following your threads. There are not a lot of experienced people who post on the site.
I really enjoyed your threads, and your tarot reading

Trusting myself has always been an issue, no matter how many times spirit has gone see, YOU can do this...I still fight self doubt...maybe to keep me semi humble.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It's normal to feel like that ... it might surprise you to know that I had a deck of tarot cards for 10yrs before I was confident enough to read for strangers ... and even then it happened by accident (that's another story)
... but the thing is once I'd actually done it there was no turning back ... it was amazing ... the fact is sometimes we just have to grasp the nettle ... it really doesn't matter if you fall over a few times before it all falls into place ... nothing in nature was ever born fully formed everything has to develop and grow at it's own pace ... the only essential ingredient is 'practice'.

Woody

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

It's normal to feel like that ... it might surprise you to know that I had a deck of tarot cards for 10yrs before I was confident enough to read for strangers ... and even then it happened by accident (that's another story)
... but the thing is once I'd actually done it there was no turning back ... it was amazing ... the fact is sometimes we just have to grasp the nettle ... it really doesn't matter if you fall over a few times before it all falls into place ... nothing in nature was ever born fully formed everything has to develop and grow at it's own pace ... the only essential ingredient is 'practice'.

Woody

I think that is pretty much where I am at. I've done readings off and on for years,but never gave in so to speak. I've wanted to, but at the same time, I know I am opening up to whatever is out there, and that has made me very cautious after a few ,not bad, but very scary experiences. I relive other peoples trauma sometimes and it catches me off guard. It could be anything from reliving a murder
(Did that with NorEaster here, totally by accident after a thread where he wanted to talk to a medium, I wasn't expecting what I got. That was two weeks of heavy spirit contact before I even talked to him, and it ended after the reading) to someones childhood trauma. I used to just do tarot, and had an epiphany one day and found myself a fully open psychic almost immediately. It took a while to close back down. I had to go search out a famous medium in order to get some help with closing doors that were literally blown off. I ended up working for him for years as a grief counselor/spiritual adviser. Over exposure allowed me to kind of shut down. So I have to be careful. But the pull.....omg...perhaps you understand it, the pull to do these things. Spirit wants me to do this...and I fight it. Strange days....

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

What you describe is being an 'Empath' (I'm sure you already know that) can I ask what method of protection you use and how often you refresh said protection ?

Woody

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

White light bubble and prayer for the highest good of myself and others. My protection abilities lack. This is something I have had to come to terms with as I do not know even after so many years how to protect against some things...I have always left it to my spirit guides to keep me safe, but sometimes it seems I must experience something really bad in order to understand it.
As far as labels for abilities, I have experienced almost all of it at some point and time, in fact, the only thing I have had no success with is telekinesis. I dunno how people move things around like that, I can't. lol Makes me wonder if it is even possible.

But I "see" and "hear" very well when I want to.
Protection is lacking though. I have been psychically attacked once this last year, first time ever. Damn thing gave me a bloody nose then made me pass out and when I came to, I had to push something out of my conscious, so now that you mention protection, I would be very interested in knowing some methods.

Almost makes me sound like I know a lot, even though I don't know jack, lots of manuals to the psychic realm, however, most of them don't mean much when you really start to experience.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I also had a bat experience after my second partner died . About a week or so after , I moved to a temporary house and the power surged and went off the first day. The next day or so a bat flew into the house right in to the middle part and attached itself to the back of my jumper , it was on my back !!! I was freaking out , yelling at a friend to get it off , and he was laughing his guts out.
It did get off and flew out of the house.
But it did unsettle me a bit .It was a bit spooky.
1%

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

Was there a feeling that it was connected to your partner right after it happened?
That is something I noticed with both bat encounters, I felt it was out of the norm. I have to remove animals semi-often from around the buildings here, never have I gotten the "spooky" vibe accept with raven/crows and now bats.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yes very much , but at the time I interpreted it as a warning . But after reading this thread maybe it was a message from my partner or not. It's like a bit on the shamanish side . (Yeah the spelling). There was a few strange experiences after this .I have written a sort of poem about an experience I had about a year or so after.
Others I haven't put in words. Cheers 1%

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join