IRS: We Targeted Conservative, Tea Party Groups With Extra Scrutiny — 'Mistakes Were Made'

page: 6
36
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by something wicked
 


I don't know.


I think Nixon was Impeached for the tax thing.


edit on 13-5-2013 by something wicked because: Decided against it




posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Obama: IRS Targeting Conservatives 'Outrageous'




"If, in fact, IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, that is outrageous," the president said.

"There is no place for it and they have to be held fully accountable."


Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...


I know many of you blame Obama personally for every single bad thing that ever happens in your life including stubbing your toes, and your rush hour commute in the morning. But this came in today.

The IRS is an independent agency, remember that, it's not up to Obama who they target for harsher audits and investigations. It's still wrong true, but maybe this time, this one time, it's not Obama's fault.

Your stubbed toe however, yea, all Obama's fault.
edit on 13-5-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
actually, I want more pressure coming down on these groups from the IRS...they were formed for the obvious, direct, attacks against the president, completely illegal for tax exempt status.....to hell with the supposed outrage....to receive this tax exempt status you need to be politically neutral, the tea party and other "patriot' groups are so right wing that they should be scrutinized even more closely....they are in direct violation of law THAT WAS INSTITUTED AND PASSED BY CONGRESS AND SIGNED IN TO LAW BY BUSH IN 2004!!!!!!!!



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I want to bump this onto the front page, because all the blowhard republicans on this site need to do some homework...am I outraged??? hell yes, i'm tired of always going back and looking at facts THAT COMPLETELY DISPROVE THREAD TITLES made by RIGHT-WINGERS!!!..........IT IS RELENTLESS.....it's if these supposed right-wingers are actually foreign agents trying to divide us Americans and turn against each other.



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
every democrat or for that matter independent should call it like they see it. the republican congress have done absolutely nothing....NOTHING...for the American people...how about JOBS!!!!!!.....how about...a minimum wage raise that hasn't been changed in 7 YEARS!!....how about making voting MORE EASIER!! rather than trying to restrict it.....how about laws against CORPORATIONS THAT SCREW UP!!!....



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
it seems the republicans are intent on sticking to democrats, rather than working together with them to get infrastructure jobs going...to get the unemployed back to work...where are the hearings in the house for that!!!
edit on 13-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
and what gets me is that the OP gets stars!!....for what?? another attack on the president
the IRS was following the law, look it up...it is their REQUIREMENT BY LAW to investigate non-profits for political bias...if they DO NOT DO THIS THEY CAN LOSE THEIR JOBS!!



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
who here on ATS think that the tea party or the other "patriot groups" are NON-BIASED??????....I think they should have IRS agents all over the place, and going through their books with a fine tooth comb
edit on 13-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ownbestenemy
 


And the hole just gets deeper.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I have a feeling that the IRS will be looking at voter registration in the near future. Seeing that if people have the time and inclination to vote, then they must have money.

That and there are citizens with money who are renouncing their citizenship and moving to greener pastures.

Who's going to make up the loss of taxes there? We will, those of us who are left.



hey, here's something new, PAY YOUR DAMN TAXES.....quit bitchin' about it, and get on with your life.... I guess every republican wants a country similar to Bangladesh.....the extreme wealthy and the dirt poor. if you haven't noticed, every income, personal wealth, and tax chart, shows that's where we are headed and the republicans couldn't be happier.


Hey, here's something old. I DO pay my taxes and keep getting poorer every year. No probs though I guess because I'm single with no property or children...right?

I make barely above the poverty line and yet after tax time I am well below it.

Yep, I guess that's fair.



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 

As Usual, Beez and the Obama Bashers have no need for the WHOLE STORY,

What happened in OHIO was 100% wrong, and those Involved should be Reprimanded to the Fullest.

Of course , Obama is supposed to know what ALL Officials, in all 50 States, from ALL departments are doing......

This Beez Thread is a New Low , even from him.



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
yeah...not one reply...this site has turned into a right-wing blog politically, verbal mutual masturbation by the right-wing. ...don't think so??...go look at the right-wing titles....crap that comes from some blog or website, and then upon further investigation and more research, turns out to be a lie...over and over and over..........I get on here almost each day, and i'm constantly spending time posting factual info to counter the crap, that comes out of ATS members conservatives mouths. i'm one of the few left that do this...mainly because the rest have just given up and left.
for the right..........PROVE WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE TYPING IT AS A TOPIC



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ownbestenemy
 


And the hole just gets deeper.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I have a feeling that the IRS will be looking at voter registration in the near future. Seeing that if people have the time and inclination to vote, then they must have money.

That and there are citizens with money who are renouncing their citizenship and moving to greener pastures.

Who's going to make up the loss of taxes there? We will, those of us who are left.



hey, here's something new, PAY YOUR DAMN TAXES.....quit bitchin' about it, and get on with your life.... I guess every republican wants a country similar to Bangladesh.....the extreme wealthy and the dirt poor. if you haven't noticed, every income, personal wealth, and tax chart, shows that's where we are headed and the republicans couldn't be happier.


Hey, here's something old. I DO pay my taxes and keep getting poorer every year. No probs though I guess because I'm single with no property or children...right?

I make barely above the poverty line and yet after tax time I am well below it.

Yep, I guess that's fair.
'

then talk to your employer about a raise, or get the hell out and find a new job..... it's your pay scale, not the taxes you pay...your employer wants to pay you as little as possible, this has nothing to do with the taxes your paying, it has everything to do with what you are being paid for
edit on 13-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 


I'm retired. I no longer have a employer.

There is a saying;

"Proper planning prevents piss poor performance."

But I guess now I am being penalized for proper planning when others did none.

And remember, being retired does not always mean your rich.
edit on 13-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: spelling



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by HauntWok
 


You forgot to mention that conservatives are all evil and greedy and drink jello shots off the stomachs of Fox News babes and worship Sarah Palin at the altar of Darth Cheney.




That's pretty funny Beezz S and F for you!



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

As Usual, Beez and the Obama Bashers have no need for the WHOLE STORY


I am ultimately responsible........ ~ Obama




Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Of course , Obama is supposed to know what ALL Officials, in all 50 States, from ALL departments are doing......



it’s pretty clear to me that I’m responsible for folks who are working in the federal government and you know, Harry Truman said the buck stops with you ~ Obama





Originally posted by Tw0Sides
This Beez Thread is a New Low , even from him.


Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. ~ John F. Kennedy

Sorry Tw0sides, the future is now.







edit on 13-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. ~ John F. Kennedy

Sorry Tw0sides, the future is now.

I like that JFK quote,
If i may, i posted this in another Political Thread, bout an hour ago. Not as Eloquent as JFK,,but in the "future".



posted on 13-5-2013 @ 10:22 PM this post Originally posted by FlyersFan
Transparency .... it's what the O-bots voted for. And what is becoming visible in his administration is really ugly.
(my Response)
Your Post amuse me, always make sure to read them.
"Visible in his administration"
Ugly has happened in this Admin.... and the One before it...and the One before it.... and the One before it.... As soon as the 'intellects " on this site learn that.... things can move towards change. BUT NO A POTUS from the Repub Party with bring forth UNICORNS and RAINBOWS..



posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
BUT NO A POTUS from the Repub Party with bring forth UNICORNS and RAINBOWS..






This isn't about R or D.

No President or Administration should be above the law. Period. There is no transparency. Our current President has failed this Country, outright. No American should be proud about whats been happening the past 5 years.........



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Republicans say we need racial profiling to catch terrorists, so why can't we have anti-tax profiling to catch tax cheats??



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
The IRS is an independent agency, remember that, it's not up to Obama who they target for harsher audits and investigations. It's still wrong true, but maybe this time, this one time, it's not Obama's fault.


Except that the IRS falls under the Treasury Department and that department is under which branch Haunt? What is the chain of command there? I for one am not blaming President Obama directly (I have bigger fish to fry as in; I told you so in regards to the increasing bureaucratic States of America). Regardless, the president is the head of the Treasury Department in terms of accountability. He delegated (and lawfully and Constitutionally so) the authority to the Secretary of the Treasury. He however didn't abdicate the responsibility.

You delegate authority, not responsibility. True leaders learn that. But no one in Washington is a true leader. It is far easier to heft the responsibility of someone else. So while the President's words are good, I will look to his actions. Impeachment of political appointees and firings of all those involved is in order.



posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Republicans say we need racial profiling to catch terrorists, so why can't we have anti-tax profiling to catch tax cheats??


And Democrats say we need to look out for crazy white males who believe in homeschooling children and being responsible.

Cute...any more red-herrings for us to chase down?

What a partisan hack you are CB





top topics
 
36
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join