It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Aircraft Frightens Quincy Residents..what is it looking for so close to Boston?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ok, so what is it? A drone. A UFO. No, it is manned and the Mayor as well as city council cannot get an answer.

The FAA and the Government are not talking except to say don't worry about it...

Every night for nearly the last two weeks, residents have spotted a low-flying aircraft doing loops over the city. WBZ has learned the FAA knows what’s going on, but the agency isn’t telling. “I mean it is strange. I don’t know if they’re looking for somebody, I have no idea,” one resident told WBZ.

So if it not the state or local police, and the FAA will not tell the city itself..it must be a government vehicle.

Link

This line really kind of scares me though...

Sources tell WBZ that the aircraft is not a drone, that it is manned. FAA spokesman Jim Peters would only say, “We have to be very careful this time” concerning information.

Careful about what?

Again, is this to make us complacent to allow these types of things to happen whenever they want? I say shoot it down and we will know.

What is odd, is Quincy is 9 miles from Boston. Are they looking for more terrorists?
edit on 10-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
From the link:

“This strong humming sound as you look up and you go, ‘Oh there she goes again.’ It goes all the way around, comes all the way back, keeps going at 5 o’clock in the morning,”

So if it is "humming" it sounds like its a prop, but not helo. Guess what? Get used to that sound.

edit on 10-5-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I was thinking that they are also saying it is manned so no one will attempt to shoot it down. Thoughts?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hmmm.

flying around the city from dusk to dawn

residents have spotted a low-flying aircraft doing loops over the city

The aircraft doesn’t appear to be flying when it’s cloudy out, only taking to the skies on starlit nights.

This strong humming sound as you look up and you go

My money is on something similar to this, maybe even the same model:

They're only letting it fly at night so people can not get a visual on it. They might recognize a predator drone from the videos where they bomb "terrorists".

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So after a week+ of flying every night not one person has take video of it,,,Really now people get your Sh*t together and lets see what it is.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Reportedly it's a Cessna 208, registration N1132F, which belongs to the FBI.

It's also allegedly been reported as N906TM, which opens up a huge mystery. The airworthiness certificate is registered to RKT Productions LLC in Virginia. There is an RKT Productions listed in Washington that has existed for five months, but the aircraft was delivered to them two years ago. A search of them in Virginia just turns up aircraft they own.
edit on 5/10/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks but how about a why also?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Best guess, they're testing something out, possibly for the FBI, that they don't want known. If you look up aerospace companies near Quincy, they're all there. Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed, Grumman Data, BAE, and a bunch of small specialized firms. It would be simple for one of them to put some kind of night vision, or night specialized system onboard the aircraft, and they're flight testing it now.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Why "test" it over residential? Kind of optics they have nowadays, no need to fly so low.

Tell them to fly higher, the crooks can hear them.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I was thinking that they are also saying it is manned so no one will attempt to shoot it down. Thoughts?

Also gets people off the track of (OMG) dun, dun, dun, drooonnnes. Since we can't see it they could tell us it was a new revision of Santa's Sleigh. The I don't know (shoulder shrug) is one indicator.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

If they do not want it known, why would they fly them over a small town in a close vicinity to Boston? I understand your point and know that there are those manufacturers nearby but would there not have been in the past testing and should it not be made aware to the local authorities even what is happening.

What are they looking for???

My uncle was an integral part of the TADS system development for the Apache and I can even remember as a kid them testing and seeing a HIND over East Toho a few miles East of Martin Marietta or Lockheed Martin as it is called now. Freaked the hell out of me but they flew day and night for about a week. You could see what they were.

cmon now, put in the foil hats here. Could they be using to look for specific signatures of specific scientific elements, waiting to see someone try to move it under the cover of night maybe.

it is not N1132F Unless they are hding his activity...

Link

But N906TM has been in Boston...

And here is a link with a pic...Link

See folks, the government does not need Drones...I bet we will all look at those Cessnas we do not take second glance at a little closer.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The same reason that the military targets civilian buildings. It's good training. And it may not be a camera, it may be a system that requires them to fly low. Or they're flying low to stay out of the Logan Class B airspace.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Did you know that the military targets civilian buildings during training? I've seen videos of them targeting someone's yard, and a B-1 recently "attacked" a school bus yard in Texas. If this is a test, then it would be the same thing here. You find something that matches up to your operations, in this case a town small enough that they don't have to worry about tall buildings, or lots of air traffic, but big enough that you can get good training, or a good test in for your system, and you test the hell out of it.

As for why not tell us, it may be something that people would be twitchy about, or it may be something that they don't want criminals to know they have, so it's easier to just keep quiet about it.

Flightaware, and Flightradar both only track Mode S transponders, so if they fly without using their Mode S, which is easy enough to do, then they can't be tracked by a website. It's a little frustrating because I'll see something interesting, but my Flightradar app won't tell me anything about it because it doesn't have the right transponder.

People in the town are also saying there are two aircraft flying overhead. One appears to be N906TM (which is probably a front company for either the FBI or CIA), and a second aircraft they haven't been able to get a number on.
edit on 5/11/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Did you know that the military targets civilian buildings during training? I've seen videos of them targeting someone's yard, and a B-1 recently "attacked" a school bus yard in Texas.

That's a bit scary.

One day, they could easily attack a civilian target without the pilot knowing.

Get them used to tests and then one day just don't tell them it's the real deal and load the plane with live munitions.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

They don't actually release any munitions on the flights. Generally they find a target similar to what they expect, and simulate an attack, to the point that the computer simulates dropping the bomb.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Hmmm.

flying around the city from dusk to dawn

residents have spotted a low-flying aircraft doing loops over the city

The aircraft doesn’t appear to be flying when it’s cloudy out, only taking to the skies on starlit nights.

This strong humming sound as you look up and you go

My money is on something similar to this, maybe even the same model:

They're only letting it fly at night so people can not get a visual on it. They might recognize a predator drone from the videos where they bomb "terrorists".

It could be something like that, however, that vehicle is unmanned, and preadtors/UAV's are unmanned vehicles. The FAA said that the vehicle was manned, so it couldn't be that.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Aircraft is flown in this same manner above a town near Cannon AFB. Nighttime, round and round for hours, & low..

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Yes, it is what they were doing in Orlando years ago with the HIND. It was pretty freakin cool to see that flying tank crest the trees and buzz us on the lakefront. We knew what it was because my uncle knew. Like how we knew we were going into Gulf 1 when they started to paint the Patriot batteries there. If someone worked in one of those places, they would know...something would 'leak' out. It always does in one way or the other.

I live near Macdill AFB now and I have seen and heard plenty of operational things over the years including urban ops with UH's I can only assume were used be SOCOM here local during training in recent years, the F-16's used to do it all the time as well as hearing the 'big planes' leaving at all hours and then seeing something on the news days later. .

Point is, it was military aircraft not hidden as a CESSNA. The FBI is also not part of the military the last time I checked so I would have to say this is operational and not prototype testing. Has anyone checked to see how many other CESSNA's have been flying over the area registered to 'investment companies.'..

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

It may be both. If they have a prototype that's ready to go, they can be testing it in a live situation, without it be a real situation.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
just found another source saying it's a Cessna

A zoomed-in shot of the plane flying over Quincy shows that, despite concerns, it is not a drone. Photos of one of the planes that have been flying over Quincy show that, despite suspicions, the aircraft is not a drone. The Cessna single-engine airplane, which residents have captured in photos, has been flying overhead for weeks, turning circles around the Quincy and Milton air space.

SOURCE
edit on 11/5/13 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join