It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injured Hispanic Custodian Sues School After not Being Able to Read English Warning Sign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A group of Hispanic custodians at Denver’s Auraria Campus are suing their employer, claiming they are victims of discrimination. One of those custodians, Bertha Ribota, claims she was injured on the job as a result of not being able read a warning sign in English, CBS reports.

SOURcE

TWO WORDS: Contributory Negligence.

Contributory negligence in common-law jurisdictions is defense to a claim based on negligence, an action in tort. It applies to cases where plaintiffs/claimants have, through their own negligence, contributed to the harm they suffered. For example, a pedestrian crosses a road negligently and is hit by a driver who was driving negligently. Since the pedestrian has contributed to the accident, they cannot sue the driver for damages because the accident would not have occurred if it weren't for the pedestrian's own negligence. Another example of contributory negligence is where a plaintiff voluntarily disregards warnings and assumes a certain level of risk, although accepting reasonable risk while attempting to rescue another person is not considered contributory negligence.

I almost hit the roof when I read this article.

Two more words: LEARN ENGLISH!

English is the official language of the United States. Always has been, and hopefully always will be. This has nothing to do with your nationality. This has everything to do with where YOU choose to live.

I am so tired of the Political Correctness. Tired of having to sift through Spanish on my Black and Decker drill box, just to get to the ENGLISH instructions. So tired to see the WASTE of money that companies have to spend just to include SPANISH on documentation, signs, and everything else.

We are giving in to the minority language. Why?!

To EVEN THE PLAYING FIELD?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can just imagine me doing this is Spain.
"Im sorry i cant read spanish even after 15 years in the country, so its your fault i lost my fingers.."
Theres the door kid...find yourself another country...

How the hell did the 12 end up working there in the first place..
edit on 10-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Long time reader. First time post becuase of ignorance. U.S. has NO official language. There is no "official" language for the United States, although some individual states list English as their official language. k thnks

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This topic is being followed here. Please add to that thread.

Closed.

top topics

join