It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desensitization Training: Police Practice Fighting “Angry Parents” at Schools.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Maybe the police should choose to use diverse tactics for different situations. Not every situation should be ending in pulling a gun to end someones life. The escalation factor is ridiculous with the police. Whatever happened to police negotiators? You don't hear about them to often these days. Police are one of the main reasons people are scared in the first place. If the cops wouldn't hype up Evey little situation, back off, relax with some of these people, and resolve an issue instead of "Suspect has a gun, lets charge right in and shoot" mentality we would have better results. I'm not saying cops need to do this with every suspect, but assessing the situation with common sense instead of ego is a big step.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You act like the targets aren't pointing guns at them. Sorry to tell you but, not all people who shoot cops are middle aged males. Sometimes grandma turns grandpas head into a canoe, and then shoots at cops. What you are essentially telling me is that if a grandma or pregnant women pulls a gun and points it at a police officer, they should just take a bullet?

When you become a cop, its a risk that you will be killed, thats part of the job, I would hope that the police officer who took the job knowing the risk, was not so desperate to live that they would shoot a pregnant women, or endanger small children.

You could also tell the family of the cop sorry you don't have a dad because a pregnant woman shot him.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If the situation dictates it then sure. You don't always have to shoot.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

How about we don't put pregnant women or any other soft target in that situation where they feel the only way out is to shoot it out with the cops. Its wrong plain and simple, the cops are so in the wrong here its just unbelievable. If a person feels trapped with no way out its the same as cornering a wild animal but a pregnant mother who feels she has to defend her child and herself.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
reply to post by Covertblack

How about we don't put pregnant women or any other soft target in that situation where they feel the only way out is to shoot it out with the cops. Its wrong plain and simple, the cops are so in the wrong here its just unbelievable. If a person feels trapped with no way out its the same as cornering a wild animal but a pregnant mother who feels she has to defend her child and herself.

This really is nothing new when you consider electronic shoot/don't shoot Simulators have been in use since the early 1990's at just about every major agency or POST Certification Academy. Every scenario you can think of has been played out and filmed for use in these systems and yes that includes women and children who do shoot at you. I have trained on them many times, [ I had domestic violence scenario where a guy threw a toilet at me once, I will never forget that ] and it makes no difference who is pointing the gun, if it looks realistic at all you will most likely be shot. Having spent the better part of 14 years as a LEO I don't buy for a second any of this is being used as a tool for "desensitization" since training has always been conducted in the most realistic way possible and has always used these types of imagery in the process.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Candycab because: Reword some info

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
The government is rogue. The police force has been militarized and is hostile. The DHS is a domestic military force controlled by the executive branch of the federal government. Schools are nothing more than institutions that are used to train children about zero tolerance, authoritarian control and submission.

Sadly, I don't think that the majority of police need to be desensitized. I have seen enough youtube videos to believe half of them are itching for it.

I agree the government, and possibly all over the world are rogue and we need to stand up for freedom and equality with strong assertive communication!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join