It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Women Really this Shallow?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Oh really. What attracted me to my significant other - the one I married for life? His smarts. He reads books on quantum physics just for fun.

So your saying.... If you hubby was that of a ogre, smelled, had boogie face but was a genius you still would have married him?

See I liked where you were going with the whole scenerio being played. But to some extent you were physically attracted to him. If you say otherwise, I'd call liar liar pants on fire~ Your nose is as long as a teliphone wire~

First thing anyone ever notices is physical attraction.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Oh really. What attracted me to my significant other - the one I married for life? His smarts. He reads books on quantum physics just for fun.

So your saying.... If you hubby was that of a ogre, smelled, had boogie face but was a genius you still would have married him?

See I liked where you were going with the whole scenerio being played. But to some extent you were physically attracted to him. If you say otherwise, I'd call liar liar pants on fire~ Your nose is as long as a teliphone wire~

First thing anyone ever notices is physical attraction.

Sure, I found him physically attractive. But, in my prime, I have to say, I was a bit of a hottie. So, good looking guys were a dime a dozen to me. Good looks just wasn't enough anymore. I needed more to really attract me. It wasn't money, because my husband didn't have any when I dated/married him. I was looking for someone with depth and intelligence and heart. When I first met my husband on a blind date, I thought "Oh boy, another stud - not my type anymore." But by the end of the evening, after hours of stimulating conversation, I was hooked. He was the deepest, most intelligent guy I had ever been with.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I know what your talking about me and my ex spent 6 hrs outside a gas station next to her house through most of the early hrs of the morning. Just talking and we was broke up!

Sad to think it was all the clues she needed to realize I was the one yet she made no attempts. Before the night was over she gave clues she just wanted one last rodeo.

Shame their couldn't have been more to her then that. Then again that could have been my way in...

Guess we'll never know.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
First thing that really attracted me to my husband of 20 years was the strength of his convictions. I worked in the next cubicle and heard his discussions with other people about his support of the second amendment. Even though I didn't like guns at the time, the strength that came across made me all tingly inside.
He was "average looking" to me at the time, but the more I got to know him "across the wall", he became the best looking guy I knew!

And not a guitar in sight.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Can't read the OP, for the title is out and out misogyny, so popped in to say, time to grow up. This is a school. Tptb have completely distorted male and female energy, when the ideal was freedom and equality joining hands and progressing back home, but the energy of Mother, equality, for everyone, and all the children, work of equal value, including child raising, and the infirm, this is the way back home. First one is free to explore, then abuse and slavery and greed, inequality takes over, then Compassion and the Way home.

So in a school, just turn the dial up on your love, higher and higher in frequency, cause its time for all to go home, not stick around in the mudpiles.

Love is: Forgiveness, Compassion, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Self Control, Turn the Other Cheek, Go the Extra Mile for Someone, Equality, Sharing, Visiting those locked away, etc.

Turn the dial up and don't get into misogyny.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wow. They are doing some seriously important research there at the University of South Brittany. I'm sure this is going to benefit mankind for hundreds of years, I just don't know how yet.

How the hell do you get a grant for something like this?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
actually me playing guitar is how I met my wife in a building where we used to live she heard me down the hall as soon as she found out I was the guitar guy well 7 years and 2 kids later.

That and motorbikes yep get ya laid every time

ETA it is not a shallow thing lol women like bad boys women like to be serenaded. women like artist . calling it shallow makes you sound like you have a hard time getting a date bro
edit on 10/5/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So you don't mind being held by your neck and smashed on the floor?

Cute...

oh man there went my coffee threw my nose lmaoooooooooooooo

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Not true totally.

You gotta be able to play it good.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm not understanding how this is shallow. Silly and naive, maybe, but being attracted to a man who ostensibly (given the guitar) comes across as sensitive, artistic minded and passionate and devoted about something is not how I'd describe shallow.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosegaol

I think hes a little upset that guitarists get more tail then drummers...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Oh, those poor drummers. God love 'em.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I don't see how this is true. A woman who sees a man with a guitar might like him better because he enjoys music and is creative and can express himself. It means a lot of things, hardly any of them shallow. All it means is that women actually pick who they like based on...

Things that matter to them!

Which aren't money or looks! *gasp!*
edit on 11-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosegaol
I'm not understanding how this is shallow. Silly and naive, maybe, but being attracted to a man who ostensibly (given the guitar) comes across as sensitive, artistic minded and passionate and devoted about something is not how I'd describe shallow.

This is true for some women, but a lot of them are attracted by the fact that while on stage (or even playing among friends), musicians in general are seen and coveted by a lot of other women, so by the laws of supply and demand they become some sort of "prize". Also women tend to want men who act like they don't need them, and because musicians spend a lot of time with their instruments (if they are to become any good), the fact that they're somewhat unavailable a lot of the time adds up to why women like them. And because guitars are shaped like a woman's body, I believe women subconsciously want to be in the place of that guitar.

I should know, since I'm a gigging guitar player

Oh and last but not least, it seems there's a general consensus among women who have been with guitar players that their constant finger exercices pay off in bed :p

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
reply to post by natalia

Yes come to think of it i was passing a shop window today and caught my own reflection. And i thought.....Wow i really am hot!!!
...i had my air guitar with me..it must have been that!
edit on 10-5-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

That happens to me quite often, but the sad thing is that i don't have an air guitar, only an air drum kit... each time i turn my head to admire myself in a shop window i keep tripping over the cymbals!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

You're reading way, way too much into it for one. And, trust me, it doesn't. Musicians tend to be narcissists, therefore not always the greatest lovers or boyfriends. Which is why I called it silly and naive.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Rosegaol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosegaol

Oh, wait. Of course you're reading way too much into it and saying women get catty and combative when vying for a musician. There's that narcissism thing again.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Rosegaol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
My guitar costs more than my car...

...any girls want my phone number?

ooops, I forgot. I don't have a phone. I had to turn it off to afford the guitar
edit on 11-5-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
And what about you?

What makes you so shallow?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

While I never went looking for musicians, I did date a couple of them. In my experience they are very passionate lovers. Word probably gets around.

I have to agree with Natalia on the drummers. My hubby of 23 years is a drummer, just for fun, not professional. We have 2 beautiful children and he is still passionate

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join