It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Women Really this Shallow?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
So it's a phallic thing then?

No. Let me be more up front. He caresses the guitar, makes it "sing" beautiful music. He makes love to the guitar. He makes me want to BE the guitar.

My view of guitars has been fully revolutionized.

Yeah... me, too.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

But, unfortunately, It looks like this study was pretty accurate after all.
women, for the most part it seems, are really that shallow. Hear that boys! grab a guitar and start raking in thos digits! that's all it takes!

That may be all it takes to have some fun, but it's not all it takes to get in a serious relationship. I might have hung out with a guitar player for a while, but I certainly wouldn't have stuck around just because of the guitar. Shallow is as shallow does.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Exactly.
Like I said, I married a software nerd who plays violin. But I had a lot of fun in my youth.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Exactly.
Like I said, I married a software nerd who plays violin. But I had a lot of fun in my youth.

And I married a guy with a PhD in Chemistry.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's the whole bad boy thing...

Guitar=musician=bad boy
Motorcycle=bad boy
Drummer=musician=bad boy

etc.

That's all.
I'm thinking most gals go through a bad boy stage at some point.

I even went through a "bad girl" stage once. Still a turn on, though now I'm happily married.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well, at any rate I hope that this study is actually way off base, I can understand being attracted to someone with a guitar as it seems that is current social convention; but not a sitar, thats different. What about like, a saxaphone or something like that, say a guy is standing on the street jamming out on his sax and asks you for his number? Is that close?

Also, why is social convention for females to be attracted to the 'Bad Boys' I mean, if it were me I would want to go with someone with an edge and a compatible personality but as we all know most rock stars are actually drug addled alcoholics (for the most part and I am being presumptious) but in todays economy you would think that (common sense) most people on the dating market would want someone with some modicum of economic stability especially considering our worlds current socio-economic paradigm.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's the whole bad boy thing...

Guitar=musician=bad boy
Motorcycle=bad boy
Drummer=musician=bad boy

etc.

That's all.
I'm thinking most gals go through a bad boy stage at some point.

I even went through a "bad girl" stage once. Still a turn on, though now I'm happily married.

So, what is a 'bad girl' to Gazrok, a girl that plays guitar or a girl that plays sitar?

Smack me if you want ladies but I'm not so sure I would ride with a girl driving a motorcycle.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I never went for the 'bad boy' type. I liked the sweet innocent boys..so I could corrupt them!!
Mwhahahahahahahahahah!

-nat the crazy cat-

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

I never went for the 'bad boy' type. I liked the sweet innocent boys..so I could corrupt them!!
Mwhahahahahahahahahah!

-nat the crazy cat-

Gee whiz, crazy cat, you are BAD

Nix that question Gazrok, I found one...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

What about like, a saxaphone or something like that, say a guy is standing on the street jamming out on his sax and asks you for his number? Is that close?

For me? No. But if he looked like Kenny G, I might give him my number anyway.

Also, why is social convention for females to be attracted to the 'Bad Boys'

My husband has asked me that many times. It was a frustration for him in his youth. I don't know the answer. But this might help.

Bad Boy Syndrome

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I had a guitar. Could not play it though!. Have my chances just improved a lot?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

No.

But from the pictures I have seen on the member photo thread...you don't need a guitar

Peace and love
-nat the crazy cat-

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Now I know not to walk the street with my guitar!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In the vast plethora of reasons I've seen women give for what attracted them to their significant other -- his car, his bike, his behind, he made her laugh, etc., and so forth -- never once have I seen a woman say she was attracted to a man for other than superficial reasons.

There always seems to be some insignificant, meaningless, trivial, stupid thing that captivates them.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by okayimhere
In the vast plethora of reasons I've seen women give for what attracted them to their significant other -- his car, his bike, his behind, he made her laugh, etc., and so forth -- never once have I seen a woman say she was attracted to a man for other than superficial reasons.

There always seems to be some insignificant, meaningless, trivial, stupid thing that captivates them.

Kinda like how sexy a women looks in a bikini?

Damn... I must like bikini's!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Yes come to think of it i was passing a shop window today and caught my own reflection. And i thought.....Wow i really am hot!!!
...i had my air guitar with me..it must have been that!
edit on 10-5-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Oh and also, what about the Drummer?

Unfortunatly the back bone of the band doesn't get the recognition they deserve.... Though I'd like to see a drummer carry his full set around.... That would be a site to see.

Are womeon that Shallow???? YES~

And since I do play the guitar and have had this discussion before. Women see a man who is holding a guiltar... If they know how to actually "Play" add another 25% onto that number no singing required. Women see a man who is good with his hands.... Fingers.... Fingers.... Fingers.... Sorry mate it's just that way. I've confirmed this with many women.

Are you good with your hands??? Pick up a guitar and and test out my statement. It's like a hypnotic, hallucinogetic, PASS GO! COLLECT Thou Panties~ PLAAAAAAY BAAAAAALL! Shucks... If you can sing (Decently) and play (Beautifully) put that number to 100%... Seriously~

Prolly sounds off the wall... Prolly ludacris... It's not. It's... Just... Fact~

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by okayimhere

That's why you figure out what captivates them take it away and the one whose attracted to you without those superficials is the one you can count on.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by okayimhere

Oh really. What attracted me to my significant other - the one I married for life? His smarts. He reads books on quantum physics just for fun. Did you know Marilyn Monroe had a huge crush on Albert Einstein (so do I by the way - I would have given a million dollars to go on a date with him)? And it's not because of his behind or his car.

On the other hand, I have met many, many men who have been attracted to women solely on their physical assets. Which gender tends to be attracted to the most insignificant, meaningless, trivial, stupid thing again?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I love my soul mate though I may not be with her. With all my heart for who she is!

You said because he is smart.

What about who he really is though? I'm sure theres more then just smarts to him.

We don't need to turn this into a gender war. We all know men are more capable physically in the front lines.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join