It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Women Really this Shallow?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by natalia

I'm not that round
i thought of you as a friend i'm gutted now

Only joken

Wait what!? Aww geez the ditz in me is confused! Hahaha! So you don't play the guitar? That's okay you're still gorgeous!!!! And super fun!!!!!!
-nat

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

My nice wee dad sent me for guitar and piano lessons when i was a wean i gave up on the piano after she told my dad he was wasting his money

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I was always good at playing the stereo. It didn't make any difference that I knew of.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I was always good at playing the stereo. It didn't make any difference that I knew of.

Dude, I shred the stereo, and it sounds great everytime!

Thanks rickymouse I literally laughed at your reply.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep, I fell for the musician's magic when I was a youngster. In my twenties I dated a drummer for a while. It was cool to go to gigs and hear the girls sitting behind me ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the cute drummer. In between sets, he would come over to my table and hug and kiss on me. Those girls got reeeeal quite after that.
I loved it.

Having said that, the relationship didn't last very long. Not because he was a poor drummer in a local band, but because he was a bit immature (Peter Pan syndrome). I married a man who was a grown up. He just so happens to play guitar in his spare time, as a hobby. Pretty good at it too.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I don't like to generalize. But if a guy had a guitar, I'd certainly have a second look. And a third.
If I found out he couldn't play, I'd run in the other direction, though!
I dated MANY musicians and singers in my youth, but the man I married plays violin and can't carry a tune in a bucket.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I don't like to generalize. But if a guy had a guitar, I'd certainly have a second look. And a third.
I dated MANY musicians and singers in my youth, but the man I married plays violin and can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Why a guitar?

Would any stringed instrument do the trick?

Like a lute?

Or maybe a Sitar?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat

Why a guitar?

Would any stringed instrument do the trick?

Like a lute?

Or maybe a Sitar?

Guitars are sexy... they give off a "bad boy" image... which women drool over...

those other instruments are just weird...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I don't think a lute or sitar packs the same punch to a young woman. Too... strange. The whole romanticism of dating the lead singer or guitar player in a band (which I did many times) just can't be compared to an instrument we may not even recognize.

Remember, Tiny Tim played a ukelele...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ironically enough... the GF actually has a pic of me playing a guitar on her wall paper...

I don't even really play anymore... Nor do I have a guitar...

but she loves that pic...

Take it from experience.... women love a guy with a guitar...

LOVE IT!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I don't think a lute or sitar packs the same punch to a young woman. Too... strange. The whole romanticism of dating the lead singer or guitar player in a band (which I did many times) just can't be compared to an instrument we may not even recognize.

Remember, Tiny Tim played a ukelele...

I guess I don't get it then. would't molotov cocktails put off a 'bad boy' image too?

The little kid in the childs book 'Abiyoyo' played a ukulele and put a giant to sleep with it, now thats POWER!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I guess I don't get it then. would't molotov cocktails put off a 'bad boy' image too?

We like "bad boys", but not THAT bad!

Something about the WAY a guy plays guitar and how he holds it and handles it, I think. Get my drift?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So you don't mind being held by your neck and smashed on the floor?

Cute...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

We like "bad boys", but not THAT bad!

Something about the WAY a guy plays guitar and how he holds it and handles it, I think. Get my drift?

No, not really... I mean, whats different from the way a guy holds a guitar than they way a woman holds one?

But, unfortunately, It looks like this study was pretty accurate after all.
women, for the most part it seems, are really that shallow. Hear that boys! grab a guitar and start raking in thos digits! that's all it takes!

Pretty funny though. I actually laughed when I heard this story on the radio last night.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So, you missed my innuendo.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

nah... just decided to be sadistically assumptive...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

No, not really... I mean, whats different from the way a guy holds a guitar than they way a woman holds one?

Well, I'm not usually attracted to women, so if it's a woman holding a guitar, it's just not the same. Nice to look at, but wouldn't "fire me up".

And I don't speak for any women other than myself - In my youth - When I was impulsive and kinda wild.

Hear that boys! grab a guitar and start raking in thos digits! that's all it takes!

That's not all it takes. You gotta be able to play it. And that takes discipline and passion.

link   

reply to post by Akragon

not exactly. So it's a phallic thing then? that deepens the mystery here as i can't understand what a woman would find appealing about some guy jerking his way up and down something they see as a phallic symbol, especially since said phallic symbology was not attached to the mans own body i.e. it is a foreign implement (phallic symbol)

wierd.

My view of guitars has been fully revolutionized.

link   

I mean, whats different from the way a guy holds a guitar than they way a woman holds one?

Along the same lines of thought...

Whats the difference between the way a woman wares a bikini.... and the way a guy does?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I mean, whats different from the way a guy holds a guitar than they way a woman holds one?

Along the same lines of thought...

Whats the difference between the way a woman wares a bikini.... and the way a guy does?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 'body hair'

but that never stopped any 76 year old metal detector afficionados.

just ask anyone at any beach anywhere ever!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join