It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be filled with the Holy Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To get to know God's Presence and Spirit, you must empty yourself and release hatred, misconceptions, and grudges against those who hurt rather than help.

Ephesians 5:18 says, "Do not be drunk with wine ... but be filled with the Spirit" (NKJV). The word "filled" in Greek is the "continual" present tense and literally translates "be continually filled with the Spirit." There is one baptism in the Holy Spirit, but many fillings.

But how do we keep our passion fresh?

Every day I give my heart afresh to Jesus and ask Him to fill me anew with the Holy Spirit. I also soak in the presence of God.

Soaking is literally spending enough time on a regular basis in a yielded position that you become "marinated" or "pickled" in the Lord (a term derived from the verse in Ephesians). As we are "continually filled" with the Holy Spirit, we are transformed into God’s image. We delight to do His will.

When I spend this time with Him, I come empty-handed with no list of prayers or expectations. I come to receive His agenda, not mine. I find that soft instrumental worship music sets the tone as I simply sit or lay before the Lord. I let the Holy Spirit take me where He wants to go.

Sometimes I see visions or the majestic works of God in the Spirit, or I see Jesus. I may receive strategies or correction, but I always leave refreshed, encouraged and directed by His love! But whether alone in your living room or joined by thousands of people, you can stay filled in the Holy Spirit. Doing so will change your life.

- Che Ahn...

I could not say it better.

www.charismamag.com...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm filled daily with all the vitamins and nutrients my body needs for an active body and a clear mind. That gives me the ability of critical thinking.

Critical thinking tells me 'god' and 'the holy spirit' didn't get very good grades at god school, so i neglect them. Don't worry though i fill the void with a passion for learning about our infinite ever expanding universe and loving my fellow man, because nature made me whole, selfless and curious.

Do me a favor though, next time the holy spirit or god comes knocking give them a royal kick up the bum from me. they've not got a very good track record over the past couple of millenniums with all the genocide and all
. Or send them my way, i'd be happy to lend a few tips.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MongusePro
Or send them my way, i'd be happy to lend a few tips.

Careful what you ask for.

I thank you for respecting creation so much, but do you not think that you may have some biases which block your view of love, since you do not understand EVERYTHING in love?

God is Love, and He is with you whether you recognize it or not. But when you do, you will be kicking yourself for not understanding sooner.
edit on 013131p://555 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Or send them my way, i'd be happy to lend a few tips.

Careful what you ask for.

I thank you for respecting creation so much, but do you not think that you may have some biases which block your view of love, since you do not understand EVERYTHING in love?

God is Love, and He is with you whether you recognize it or not. But when you do, you will be kicking yourself for not understanding sooner.

Kind of hard to call him a God of love when he created a world where he knew people wouldn't follow him and he will send them to eternal torture in hell.

Every ask yourself why he didn't create a world where everyone followed him?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Peace,

He created the world for us, not for Himself.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'm filled daily with all the vitamins and nutrients my body needs for an active body and a clear mind. That gives me the ability of critical thinking.

Critical thinking tells me 'god' and 'the holy spirit' didn't get very good grades at god school, so i neglect them. Don't worry though i fill the void with a passion for learning about our infinite ever expanding universe and loving my fellow man, because nature made me whole, selfless and curious.

Do me a favor though, next time the holy spirit or god comes knocking give them a royal kick up the bum from me. they've not got a very good track record over the past couple of millenniums with all the genocide and all
. Or send them my way, i'd be happy to lend a few tips.

Peace.

Matthew 12:32

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

I just thought I'd share this with you in case you didn't know. Take it any way you like.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I think that that passage means to use the gifts of the Spirit for evil.

Much like Charles Manson in the way he uses his charisma.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Peace,

He created the world for us, not for Himself.

Doesn't change the fact that Hitler's got nothing on God.

If you choose to follow a being as twisted as God that is your choice. I simply cannot.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The only thing that makes you think that God is twisted is the opinions and judgement of others and judgement by yourself.

How perfect God must be to have created a being which thinks that it can judge God!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The only thing that makes you think that God is twisted is the opinions and judgement of others and judgement by yourself.

How perfect God must be to have created a being which thinks that it can judge God!

Not at all.

It simply facts that God knows everything and he created the world. Therefore everything that happens in it, he knew beforehand.

You cannot change that fact. He created all the evil in the world and created those who will not follow him. If that weren't bad enough he will now send those he created to not follow him to eternal torture in hell.

That is not an opinion that is a fact.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Not at all.

Of each sin a man commits, he himself is the author. So why blame God? because He gave man the free will to enter Heaven by means of charity or fall to hell by means of selfishness?

peace

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Not at all.

Of each sin a man commits, he himself is the author. So why blame God? because He gave man the free will to enter Heaven by means of charity or fall to hell by means of selfishness?

peace

Are you implying that God didn't know what sins you or I would create before he made the world?

If you are than your saying God is not omnipotent. If you agree that he knew then he still created the world the way it is therefore, since he could have changed it and didn't, it IS his fault.

He made it that way.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

would you call a man a fool who refines gold in a furnace to make it more pure?

Sins are forgiven by accepting Jesus into your heart,
after we do that we are dead to the law and alive in Christ.

I do not think I know enough about God, or time, or omnipotence to make any assumptions. And I do not think that any man does unless God tells him.

But for now, I think it is a principle which is too far out of reach for me to make a judgement upon.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

would you call a man a fool who refines gold in a furnace to make it more pure.

Sins are forgiven by accepting Jesus into your heart,
after we do that we are dead to the law and alive in Christ.

I do not think I know enough about God, or time, or omnipotence to make any assumptions. And I do not think that any man does unless God tells him.

But for now, I think it is a principle which is too far out of reach for me to make a judgement upon.

Fair enough.

Yes sins are forgiven but there wouldn't be any sin if God didn't make the world full of sin.

He could have made the world anyway he wanted and he chose this version, for whatever reason. It is still his creation and he knew the placement of the last rock and the name of the last person who will ever live on it.

He knew this before he even started, he looked at what it would be, and he said "let it be."

There's absolutely no way to get around that fact.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Look i have deep respect for christians and catholics alike. Hell until i was 13 my parents and the village thought i was destined to be the next priest i was so in bed with god.

God is not love, i know this from reading the bible countless times. God is a jealous, mean, despicable and evil creation. It's just my opinion but from many years of internal debate and struggle i've concluded that the bible holds no more truth then alice in wonderland. They are both good stories.

The bible was written to form one of the 1st centralised governmental institutions that still exists today. Saying this i do not doubt that jesus, matthew, jonas and the motley crew walked the earth but he was no son of god.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

You do not know me so i will give you the benefit of the doubt but please do not preach the bible to me. As i mentioned in my last post i know it back to front. I'm more then aware of my sins and my destined place after death according to the bible.

Although as mentioned i have respect for christians and catholics, the sooner religion is sent to the scrap heap and humanity can move on the better.

The only thing i would keep are the 10 commandments and a handful of the teachings to instill good values into children.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"Yes sins are forgiven but there wouldn't be any sin if God didn't make the world full of sin. "

Did God force man to sin? I think not, therefore He did not make the world full of sin.

"He could have made the world anyway he wanted and he chose this version, for whatever reason."

Are you not satisfied? Could you do any better?

Man made the world full of sin by his free will. By free will some men choose selfishness and hatred or charity and love, by Charity and love God gives free will.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

You might need to wear a pair of spiritual reading glasses.

Check this thread out.

It's well worth the read.

the ravishing maiden

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

Saying this i do not doubt that jesus, matthew, jonas and the motley crew walked the earth but he was no son of god.

So basically you're saying the people that wrote down what he said were lying?

Or Jesus was lying?

Which.... or both?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

he's saying that it was just a story. like many often do

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join