It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travelers? Jay-Z the latest......1939

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So the news today is reporting a pic of Jay-Z and another of a man from 1939. Time Travel? Below is a collage of pics of celebrities that have a doppleganger from history and the pics to show.

www.cbc.ca...

Interesting to me. I wonder just how many people will really think these guys are time travelers. I also wonder what the probability is of everyone in the world having someone alive at some point in time that looked just like them.

Anywho....the pic:

edit on 5/10/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What's more interesting to me is the concept of reincarnation and the fact that you might continue to look identical to your old self as you progress through various lives.

I believe this is the reason why we recognize "soul mates" or people we "love" or "click" with from just a passing glance or look. How many times have you said " WOW, you look really familiar, have we met?" and then instantly start "clicking" with that person.

Love this stuff!!!!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That is some pretty interesting material.

That dude really looks just like Jay-Z.

As for the likliehood of them being time travelers?

Erm, probably slim to none but hey, who knows.

If they were time travelers though which way are we talking here? Did they go from the future to the past or did they go from the past to the future? The former certainly seems more likely for obvious technological reasons. Wouldn't it be wild if in the near future we actually discover a means of travelling through time and it becomes somewhat of a tourist gimmick?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I do have to say, out of all the photos I have seen of past life celebrity look-a-likes, the Jay-Z one seems to have the most uncanny resemblance of them all. Looks practically identical. I like the thought of reincarnation and coming back looking like you did before.
edit on 5/10/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

There truly aren't that many different facial look combinations...most likely everyone has a close match alive today.

So finding old pictures of someone that looks like someone famous today isn't really a big deal.

Not time travelers, just people.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitybender
What's more interesting to me is the concept of reincarnation and the fact that you might continue to look identical to your old self as you progress through various lives.

I believe this is the reason why we recognize "soul mates" or people we "love" or "click" with from just a passing glance or look. How many times have you said " WOW, you look really familiar, have we met?" and then instantly start "clicking" with that person.

Love this stuff!!!!

Oh, wow.

That is an awesome idea.

On a seperate note, however, it is entirely possible that those old pictures are just images of normal people from long ago. As someone, who as a child, travelled around the US making friends in several different states that I can personally confirm the Doppleganger theory because I have met people in seperate states that one would swear look very similar to other people I had met. It's wierd but it does happen.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
While I know there are not time travelers, that was what the stories in the news are headlining for views. I do have to say though that all the features of this one are so similar to me I really can't tell a difference. All the way down to how he has a crease beside his nostril on his cheek to the strange fold of his ear.....just really so identical to me it blows my mind a bit. While I have traveled a lot and seen my own doppleganger as well as my brother's, it always amazes me.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have to agree that it is just people who look like other people. That's how celebrity impersonators make their money. The really good ones are almost indistinguishable from the actual celebrity.

I also believe that everyone has a "doppleganger" somewhere. I have a picture saved on my computer of some guy (I don't remember now how I came across it) who looks like he could be my identical twin. Other than his hair being longer than mine, he has the same face, hair color, skin tone, body type and even...well maybe this is a little more than people want to know - but I am pretty fair skinned due to my Swedish ancestry and I have what I call "innie nipples". Meaning my nipples don't "stick out" unless I'm cold. Now, the picture of my doppleganger that I found shows him sitting shirtless at his computer and he even has the exact same "innie nipples" that I do. There have been other people I have seen that look kind of like me, but this guy was so exacting in almost every detail to me as to be somewhat unsettling. You know how sometimes you get told how you look like someone else and you yourself can't really see it? Well this was really different. Sorta spooky.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

In regards to "Time Travelling" not as we state in Science today but Re-Incarnation. Wouldn't the term "Time Travel" hold true as if you lived 200 years ago died and born again 100 years after (Whatever the case is) be considered "Time Travel" just not in the sense that we discus via: science fiction~? Same features, same personality, just a different set of lesson's to be learned.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I always joke to my husband there are only so many molds - the rest of the differences are slight.

I've one of those faces where I get, "Did you live there? Or here? I swear I know someone who looks identical to you! Problems is, before nursing (public job) I was a waitress - again working with the public. Not just 100's, but tens of 1000's of people have passed through my care. Either serving them food, or serving them medicine. When I worked in Frankenmuth, MI when I was very young at their famous German town restaurant the Bavariann Inn - one night, I'd punched up my sales to claim my tips. I'd served 400 people in that one shift! So I don't know how many people I've passed words with, and I'm quite certain I can't even remember every single one! I've worked in Michigan, Texas, Washington, D.C. and Germany! Lots of places to pass and meet and not remember when or where - but enough for that slight recognition to go off..

But I know I'm of a mold, and many people in the world are similar to my mold. With only varying differences, but the overall look very alike.

Cirque

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A question that comes to my mind is:

Does that mean the people portrayed in the historical pictures were also "famous" back in that time?

My reasoning is that for a picture to survive for so long and be readily available on the Internet, it must've held some importance back then right?

Whether the picture was taken of a popular person back in that era, or of a person attending an important event, it seems like these lookalikes may have been of some importance back then just as their counterparts are today.

Crazy.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In a family about ever 4 generation the person born have the same look of each other.
any idea of the family/sir name of the old ones.

edit on 10-5-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm
A question that comes to my mind is:

Does that mean the people portrayed in the historical pictures were also "famous" back in that time?

My reasoning is that for a picture to survive for so long and be readily available on the Internet, it must've held some importance back then right?

Whether the picture was taken of a popular person back in that era, or of a person attending an important event, it seems like these lookalikes may have been of some importance back then just as their counterparts are today.

Crazy.

Interesting question you pose. I would say that those in pics of this age would have had to have some type of importance as cameras were not exactly a household item and taking pics was not as easy as yanking the phone from your pocket and point/shooting right away.

I think this photo was taken from a reporter or something back in the day from what I read about it but not sure if the guy that looks like Jay-Z is of any importance or not. Would be interesting to see if they can find out the guys name and see if there is any relation to the rapper.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think the Nick Cage look alike is pretty much spot on as well.
The Keanu Reeves too is extremely similar, especially considering it is a painting.

Wonder if the old dudes were crummy actors too.

Dopplegangers are a reality. Saddam Hussein had like four of them. One of whom was killed not too long ago posing as the real dude.

ETA: I always thought that if Walter Mattheau hadn't been in movies that he woulda been the fifth Hussein doppleganger.

edit on 10-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The most scary one is for me Keannu Reaves, the guy doesn't age, really... And notice how he always plays certain movies.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

He is a third rate actor who has a first rate manager and publicist.
Lucky guy, really. I am confident I could act circles around him and all I have ever done are a few school plays.

Of course there is always image too, and he is slightly cuter than me.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Kinda true though, every time when I see him i'm like Neo there is no spoon

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This could be used to build the case that our appearance have limited spectrum before time travelling.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's most certainly to do with genetics and having the same common ancestor methinks.

It would seem to me that the genetic sequence that made up their look-a-likes just happened like any twins would happen except over a vast amount of time, or maybe the sequence repeats every so often..

What would be eye opening for me though would be whether or not they had the same brain functionality and if they would go through life using the same logic only in different circumstance, which would mean none of us is truly individual but rather we are a carbon copy of a specific type of person.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join