It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish Oil will age and kill you..Brian Peskin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was listening to Coast to Coast last night which would be their broadcast for 5/10/2013. There is a new Norwegian study that lasted for 12 years. Fish oil according to the study will cause skin cancer (Austrians take a lot of fish oil and skin cancer is a big deal there) and will also causes arterial scleroses (hardening of the arteries) but the main thing is the newest Norwegian study says fish oil is a no no because there are no benefits and will cause harm..... the old studies were wrong but many Doctors are unaware of the new studies completed after 2010.

There are only two (2) essential fatty acids, LA (parent omega-6) and ALA (parent omega-3). They MUST come from food. To work properly, they MUST be NOT heated, chemically unprocessed, organically raised and processed to guarantee full physiologic functionality. Fast foods use adulterated, non-functional EFAs that can no longer be termed a fully functional parent essential oils. All other EFAs excluding ALA and LA are correctly termed EFA “derivatives.” This includes the most common derivatives such as AA, DHA, EPA, etc. What is not understood by most physicians is that derivatives are made in the body, from the parent EFAs,

QUOTE:
Fish oil (and krill oil) do not work in clinical practice
(despite most everyone saying they do)
Sometimes, ingrained beliefs, even those without scientific foundation, are
hard to change. As has occurred with many other nutritional supplements
once in the limelight, there is little, if any, scientific validity to fish oil
and krill oil’s miraculous claims. It is simply another case of “finance
masquerading as science”— in this case, developing new markets for fish
— and of medicine’s long history of mistakes and wrong recommendations.
Making money is fine when you truly help people, but not when you harm
them, even unknowingly. Results consisting of mere “associations,” and
“studies“ conducted without valid experiments in which only one variable
is changed at a time are meaningless. That’s why the recommendations
from most “studies” are later reversed and withdrawn, which leaves the
lay public confused. END QUOTE: brianpeskin.com...

This is a very involved topic and I certainly can not do it justice. I never have been one to take vitamins or aspirin as was highly recommended a few years ago. Now those who have taken aspirin on a daily basis for 20+ years are suffering from wet macular degeneration according to some studies that linked the consumption of aspirin to the process.

QUOTE: The new study, which was published in The Journal of the American Medical Association, found that routinely using aspirin doubled the odds of developing neovascular macular degeneration, the most severe form of the disease. END QUOTE

The following is not the C2C broadcast but is another interview on the subject of oracular/macular degeneration; colon cancer studies; and skin problems. Cod liver oil tripled skin cancer in women. Cancer research medical journal showed in 1999 there was a ten fold increase in liver lesions. In this interview many of the latest studies were published since 2010.
Simple; listen to the audio (or catch the C2C interview) and see if you think he is full of B.S. along with the peer reviewed studies he quoted or think before you take over the counter fish oils. Choice is yours.

brianpeskin.com...

brianpeskin.com... is his Web sight

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Essential fatty acids, or EFAs are just that, essential. Since our body doesnt produce these, if you dont ingest Omega 3s and 6s, something in your system WILL go wrong.

This is not the first time that I have heard dangers with fish oil. My understanding is the problem arises when the oil is processed.

Just to be on the safe side, I use cold processed, organic hemp seed oil.

edit on 10-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Do you have a link to the study? I just finished listening to that episode. I don't take any supplements so it doesn't really mean anything to me at the moment, but I would like my arteries to keep working well.

For instance what's a good source of the parent EFA's? Hopefully not some product he sells right? Some kind of food I could eat..

Never mind I found His products..

Here is the Peskin Protocol
$50.00 for a 1 month supply: of PEO (Parent essential oils (EFAs) )
$35.00 for a 1 month supply: herbal detox
$25.00 for a 1 month supply: Chelated Minerals

So I cannot just trust the guy.. Need to see all the studies..
edit on 5/10/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Austrians take a lot of fish oil and skin cancer is a big deal there

Well they also have very harsh sun and sun filed lifestyles.

I would not doubt they are going to try and curb use of the krill and sea items due to the radiation and pollution problems or because the use of Krill Oil is killing the planet. The Krill feed the whole sea and if the bottom item is used by the top of the food chain there is no food for the rest in between.

Clearly they do sway all our behaviors with "studies" and such all the time. That way we think it is our own idea to do or not do some behavior.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Whether or not he's right, it bothers me when essential health information is hidden behind a paywall. We need to get out of the paradigm that information is pay-per-view. The people most likely to need this information (those with cancer, etc.) don't necessarily have the money to buy this guy's books... the sales job he's doing here actually makes his conclusions all the more suspect.

I hope the C2C episode discussed the devastating depletion of fish stocks the world over - considering the percentage of world population that depends on seafood, we're rapidly hitting a point of no return there. Aquaponics better become a world-wide local phenomenon sooner rather that later.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Fish Oil will age and kill you..Brian Peskin

My personal experience is that eating things like canned sardines (etc.) both regularly but in moderation, helps with things like heart problems and unwanted weight gain.

I buy bristling sardines on the web from canners in Italy and Greece. I began this at the behest of my physician and to this point, his advice was sound.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Sounds a lot like fluoride to me.....

If you eat fish oil naturally in fish and don't take additional supplements, you will be fine....Once you overdo it then you are in some trouble..

Look at fluoride with the same effects.....Fluoride is natural in tea, fruits, vegetables, and tons more....Once you overdo it you can get fluoridosis in your bones and teeth....

These 2 sound very familiar if this study is accurate

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thank you for posting your thoughts on the subject. I honestly thought the C2C interview was pretty good. The only way we as lay persons can determine if he speaks the truth or is just trying to sell some products are to look at the studies he quoted. I did find some of the lectures he has given; complements of youtube
I would rather listen than watch him......
Part one Fish oil study: video which quotes the studies and the results there is a 2d part which is on youtube

2009 lecture in Orlando

2010 AMA lecture rather technical for those who do not speak doctor speak but shows how to determine aortic stiffness.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Just to be on the safe side, I use cold processed, organic hemp seed oil.

edit on 10-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

I switched to cold-pressed hemp seed oil about 6 months ago, apparently its a lot higher in omegas than fish or krill oil. I actually purchased it for a skin condition but the label said "food grade" so I gave it a go.

Now as to the credibility of Mr Brian Peskin:

* Brian Peskin received an appointment as an Adjunct Professor at Texas Southern University in the
Department of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (1998-1999).

Ok so he had been called a professor, but Berkeley Labs address me as Dr. which I am not...

In April 2002, the Attorney General of Texas charged Peskin, Maximum Efficiency, and the parent company (Perkins Management Company) with making misleading claims about the products and Peskin's credentials. The government's complaint charged Peskin and the company with making false claims that he held a Ph.D degree, was a research scientist, and was a professor at Texas Southern University. The complaint also noted that the company had not registered with the FDA or obtained a Texas manufacturing license as required by law. Peskin quickly agreed to a temporary injunction that prohibits these claims and bars the defendants from making unsubstantiated claims that their products will protect against heart disease; reduce the risk of breast, prostate, and other cancers; eliminate varicose veins; lower blood pressure; lower cholesterol; eliminate cellulite; prevent diabetes; manage ADD; help children or other persons with ADD, ADHD, or hyperactivity; make children smarter; or cure constipation . In January 2003, the county judge issued a permanent injunction ordering Peskin and his company to pay $100,000 in fines and costs

Source: QuackWatch

If the above is deemed to be an insufficient reference, I will seek out the case and post its summary/link.

Thanks
edit on 10-5-2013 by cartenz because: Spelin n grammah

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
I was listening to Coast to Coast last night which would be their broadcast for 5/10/2013. There is a new Norwegian study that lasted for 12 years. Fish oil according to the study will cause skin cancer (Austrians take a lot of fish oil and skin cancer is a big deal there)

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Well they also have very harsh sun and sun filed lifestyles.

Someone please tell me we're not getting Austria and Australia mixed up.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
removed
edit on 10-5-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale

The snow reflects the sunlight?--I have a couple of Austrian mates here that look more tanned when they return form going home on study break than they do after hiding inside during our mild summers.

Or maybe they stopped off in Thailand on the way???

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've noticed that lately all of these 'natural' things are now being considered bad for us.

I think it's because they want us to rely on pharmaceuticals to keep ourselves 'healthy'.

I'll stick with Mother Earth, she knows best.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The longest lived mammal lives on a diet high in fish oil. It lives on Krill which are basically small shrimp.
There is evidence that the Bowhead whale lives as long a 200 years.

Its trick is to never leave the arctic. If you live outside in the arctic with minimal clothing, fish oil won't harm you! icon('
')
edit on 10-5-2013 by UMayBRite! because: imbedding icons is just wierd

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes there have been a few threads about big farma and trying to ban or outlaw all supplements so there may be some truth in that.

Anyone who claims medical benefits or a cure gets fined or slapped down unless unless AMA certified...Again many examples posted here and other places where someone claims to have some cure and loses their business, is fined, or their license is pulled...With all the quacks in the world maybe 98 out of 100 the actions against them are justified.

The main thing I took away from the video is how fish oil capsules are made and the studies that says "fish oil does nothing and may cause harm".....Again it is up to each individual to say yes or no if the studies apply to their way of thinking and research.The big study was a Norwegian study on the effects of fish oil..

One of the countries which has the highest usage of fish oil supplements is Australia (the land down under no relationship to Norway) which also has a very high incidence of skin cancer. Yes they have an outdoor life style and the ozone hole or the sun does not like them...many possibilities.... If one listens to the audio or watches the videos many of the questions some are asking will be answered.

The main thing some might want to consider are the new studies quoted which are as recent as 2010 saying fish oil is not beneficial...I always thought the benefits were without question however with the presented info and my humble lay understanding..... fish oil will not be an encapsulated product I will be buying ....

I am lucky; even at my advanced age I am not on any meds and I very rarely take any vitamins; if I vapor lock tomorrow then maybe my thinking was wrong....... but it was my choice with the available info I have gathered over the years.

My wife was a vitamin, exercise, eat right, wonderful health person who died of breast cancer at the age of 42.. Bad luck or bad genes whatever; her cancer and death freaked out all our friends who knew of her life style and health practices.

The cellular oxygen content of individual cell walls was interesting to me when he said, "the oxygen levels drop between 27 and 35% the cells turn cancerous; everytime". Like I said before there was allot of information presented. Is it all B.S. up to you to decide.

IN most things one can follow the money but when it comes to health that is not always the case IMO.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

It's not the fish but the method of extraction.

Any fat/oil produced using heat and chemical extraction methods are dangerous...
...fish/krill oils use these methods.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Fair enough that you are just wanting to find medical advice; I wasnt trying to attack you, just this Professor Brian Peskin. I grew up in a house with a MD as a parent so I am hyper-cynical of web-based "Doctors" peddling their wares. I did what I always do and checked him out; turns out he has a Bachelors Degree in Electronic Engineering... not an MBBS

Also I notice the good Doctor has a whole heap of websites that he owns (linkfarming) so actually getting to a page that isnt his does take a bit of google-fu.

As long as you are not sending him any money I am happy

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
reply to post by 727Sky

Fair enough that you are just wanting to find medical advice; I wasnt trying to attack you, just this Professor Brian Peskin. I grew up in a house with a MD as a parent so I am hyper-cynical of web-based "Doctors" peddling their wares. I did what I always do and checked him out; turns out he has a Bachelors Degree in Electronic Engineering... not an MBBS

Also I notice the good Doctor has a whole heap of websites that he owns (linkfarming) so actually getting to a page that isnt his does take a bit of google-fu.

As long as you are not sending him any money I am happy

hahahahah thanks for your research and be assured sending money to anyone hawking a product is very low on my priority list of things to do.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

flaxseed oil is another great alternative. very healthy, no animal lipids to clog and inflame your arteries, and a huge amount of omega 3 and omega 6. depending on the oil, it may just be the highest source of omega fatty acids.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by gladtobehere

flaxseed oil is another great alternative. very healthy, no animal lipids to clog and inflame your arteries, and a huge amount of omega 3 and omega 6. depending on the oil, it may just be the highest source of omega fatty acids.

I love Chia seeds. They can be digested whole (unlike flax seeds). I put them on my cottage cheese or yogurt just about every day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join