It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 2012 election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

IRS apologizes for inappropriately targeting conservative political groups in 2012 election

www.washingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service inappropriately flagged conservative political groups for additional reviews during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status, a top IRS official said Friday.

Organizations were singled out because they included the words “tea party” or “patriot” in their applications for tax-exempt status, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I havent heard anything about this on the "MSM" tv today.

So an apology makes things ok?
What abuse how told them to do so?
Are there to be no actions taken for abuse of power?

This is just another thing to add to the already mounting problems this administration is having.

So,the government of the United States is admitting that it is targeting political dissent and working to stomp the right of its opponents to free speech.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hmmmm Really?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think this is reason enough to make the IRS null and void.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
And I couldnt resist,I can see the IRS putting something similar out.
Replace BP with the IRS.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

The IRS should be disbanded as well as the Federal Reserve. Both of these organizations are full of criminals.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

End the Fed and the IRS.

edit on 10-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
so organizations that are against taxes, against government, against the IRS, ...were "targeted"....gee, I wonder why? if there is a person that keeps saying they are going to kill someone, and that someone ends up murdered, wouldn't the person that initially said "he was going to kill that someone" be "targeted" by law enforcement?
get real people, there is freedom of speech, but that speech might have consequences.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The IRS is one of the main instruments of control the Gov uses. They are beyond corrupt and there is not a thing we can do about it.
Last year they screwed me out of ten grand. To someone like me that is a WHOLE lot of money.
Damn criminals.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Conservatives were targeted boo hoo. Now they feel like everyone else that is getting screwed by the IRS where is the news story that tells how we are being treated?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Metallicus

End the Fed and the IRS.

really, so do away with America?....I can be just as simplistic as you. maybe you can tell me about the financial booms and busts during the 1800's, as America struggled with politicized federal financial decisions, that involved a rapidly growing nation, coupled with regional wealth hierarchies, and the expansion of many trading partners around the world.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
The IRS is one of the main instruments of control the Gov uses. They are beyond corrupt and there is not a thing we can do about it.
Last year they screwed me out of ten grand. To someone like me that is a WHOLE lot of money.
Damn criminals.

here is a simple list of countries where your screwing can be far less painful
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You don't understand what I am saying. Instead of getting a 4,000 dollar refund, as I should have received, I got a 6,000 dollar bill. Those are rounded numbers and the actual swing was in excess of 10,000 dollars.
My appeal to the IRS all but went unheard and now my only option is pay the money they stole, or lawyer up. Both are hard to do when you are now in the poor house.
Thanks IRS.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so organizations that are against taxes, against government, against the IRS, ...were "targeted"....gee, I wonder why? if there is a person that keeps saying they are going to kill someone, and that someone ends up murdered, wouldn't the person that initially said "he was going to kill that someone" be "targeted" by law enforcement?
get real people, there is freedom of speech, but that speech might have consequences.

I should be able to criticize the IRS without fear of being punished for it. Government has no right to do this.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Crikey!

Um... between this and the ballot machines (and, to most outside observers, your utterly bizarre election process)
I'm wondering if the US needs a UN observer for their elections...

Actually didn't Putin put a few digs in along those lines last time round?

With hindsight Obama is far more worrying than Bush Jr ever was...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, Lois Lerner, acknowledged at a conference on Friday the actions were wrong and apologized, according to the Associated Press. Lerner said groups with the words “tea party” or “patriot” in their applications for tax-exempt status faced additional screening.

Now they say "I'm sorry"..... too little too late.
The damage is done and they will not be punished of course.

In a statement, the IRS said the screening occurred by career employees in Cincinnati who, between 2010 and 2012, were seeking to centralize work related to tax exempt organizations. The agency said that while it made errors, they were not politically motivated.

"career employees" ???

I wonder what "Motivated" Them ???

If they were just "career employees", then where were the "Career Supervisors" ???

This was obviously a planned attack by ultra Left Wing elements within the IRS.

This news release is just another ultra over reaction to criticism.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Ending a central bank and disbanding a domestic police force which uses coercion to take our money, in your mind is the equivalent to "doing away with America"?

Your opinion is understandable since this is the way that media and academia have presented it to you. Its no coincidence that the Fed and the domestic collection force were created together in 1913.

And thats exactly how the "Federal Reserve" was sold to us, to prevent economic disasters like the panic of 1907.

But as we can clearly see, its been a failed experiment. Not only have the worst economic disasters from the Great Depression to the housing bubble occurred under their watch, the "Federal Reserve" was the cause or helped to make them worse.

They're always the last ones to know, especially when it comes to their own policies...

Time to go "Fed", youve destroyed our economy and currency for far too long. And take the IRS with you.

edit on 10-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join