Another Chinese program unveiled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It seems there's yet another new Chinese aircraft being seen. This one is a UAV, similar to the Sentinel in size and shape. It is reportedly named Lijian or Sharp Sword. It's supposed to be an ISR/Attack aircraft for use by the PLAAF and PLAN.

AvWeek

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It looks like they just duplicated the one that Iran captured from us.
The chinese arent very innovative, most of their jets are copies of soviet jets and now this drone is a copy of our drone.

I mean Russian jets.. flashed back to cold war mode for a second
edit on 10-5-2013 by Berzerked because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Why re-invent the wheel?

Remember a lot of inventions are other peoples ideas, just made better.

The UAV that may have been copied was not the latest UAV if I understand it correctly.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Berzerked

They have several indigenous projects that are not copies of other designs, and are quite advanced. But like another poster said, why reinvent the wheel? If Russia builds an aircraft that matches their needs nicely, and they can buy it, or get their hands on it through a third party, why not?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
More images below. Seems pretty familiar if you consider the many models that were prototypes in the US inventory. Some were approved and some were not for production in the US. Many are on display at the US airforce museum.

SOURCE

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That's what "unnerves" me about the Chinese, not that they have the better toys as of yet. But thay they can spend, without oversite, any amount on a project where the technology is fairly close and end up waxing us in R.& D.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is a clearer image, that nozzle looks huge.

www.flightglobal.com...
edit on 15-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hunch: It's easier to put a pure stock engine/nozzle in the airframe for testing. They can flight-test the flight-control systems and airframe. Then they can move on to fiddling with the nozzle-witchcraft later.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I wonder how much of it is indigenous efforts by the Chinese including the designing and prototyping.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Video of taxi test at 1:50 or so:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ha that's awesome. When I build a little Foam
RC plane, I paint in a "cockpit" for the pilot
where there is none too.

Love it. But my God, that's just flat out
a copy of one of our drone designs.

Which yeah, is a way more effecient of doing things
but come on...No shame in love and war I guess too.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
America leads the way,then a sympathetic politician gives it to our rivals or they steal it.
Really a damn good explanation for Black projects isn't it?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I think in this case it may be more "form follows function" than outright copying. They've gleaned a good deal of information from our projects' successes and failures, though, no doubt.

Also, the "painted canopy" is a radome. It may not even be painted as it is certainly made of a different material than the rest of the fuselage.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I cant wait until China picks a country to invade and occupy so it can rotate soldiers through for combat experience and test all its weapons technology in the field. Would be interesting to see where they are at.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Or just steal the plans....

Seriously, I think they are even better than the former Soviet Union was at the spygame, and at the height of the Cold War. That is one area where we have always been lacking, due to our open society. Too easy to spy on us and get away with it. Take the good with the bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
First flight has been made according to these couple of sites?

The first Chinese stealth unmanned combat drone conducted a successful maiden flight Thursday, according to accounts by Chinese media and photos taken from a popular Chinese military website. Lijian, or “sharp sword” in English, aced its first test flight in southwest China, making the People’s Republic of China the fourth nation to successfully fly a stealth unmanned aerial vehicle. The test flight lasted nearly 20 minutes, according to accounts on cjdby.net, a Chinese military forum, and later picked up by the People's Daily, Xinhua News Agency and the South China Morning Post.

rt.com...

Story here as well

bigstory.ap.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Saw a BAe Hawk on that video, and Taranis...

China copy everything, but you can be sure, its not of the same quality, so these things will all fail monumentally at every stage of deployment.

They probably dont know why some of the stuff is in there, they will use "similar"but not mil standard producton techniques. Its easy to copy form but not so much function. Similarly with form, being as though they are just copying stuff, there is no forsight into usage. If the USA built sentinel for a specific role (cheap fob spying drone for example) and China copy it and thing, woohoo, we have a carrier attack drone...

Then they stick it on a carrier and realise its a piece of crap, short range, can be detected by ship radar, no salt fog....

Not stating that is the complete case - just some of the issues inherent with stealing designs.

Concordski anyone.....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
More death machines flying over head. Brilliant! Gotta love this planet.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The original movie call the Time Machine with Rod Stewart had him time jumping to a city where a war was just starting. The war was being fought by airborne drones.. This is the 60s movie but unfortunately not the segment I speak of. When I first saw the drone attack I was impressed and wondered if our future would turn out the same way. Science fiction has predicted and demonstrated so many things that were first dreamed up in some novel or story board only to become science fact over time.

Not just China but it seems everyone who has the ability is getting into the drone business. Like the Atom/hydrogen bomb once something is proven to work everyone wants a piece of the action.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

_Del_
Also, the "painted canopy" is a radome. It may not even be painted as it is certainly made of a different material than the rest of the fuselage.

MAYBE, but it's not wise or typical to radiate a lot when you're trying to be stealthy too. Also, a radome pointing up like that - what are you looking at?

You also wouldn't want a big no-RAM area like that - it exposes the internals to a look-down radar.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join