It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Blair tells Europeans to wake up to reality of Bush victory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The current US administration has the highest ranking minorities in US history. Elaine L. Chao is the highest ranking Asian-American in the history of America and Condoleezza Rice our National Security Advisor is the highest ranking African American in our history and I'd mention BOTH are also the highest ranking women in our governments history. Did we forget this is a REPUBLICAN administration. Bush has even described Condoleeza Rice as a woman who could be president.. I guess that discredits the drawl that republicans are rascist and prejudice toward women.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Raphael]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by veritas93
I hear Americans referred to as fools and idiots quite often on the web, and over time that eats away at our patience and tolerance.

Sadly the most voiciest ones are always the ones heard. In private conversations I've very rarely heard any insults spoken of americans in general. Lately there's been plenty of Bush-bashing though, but usually well argumented. Some british tabloids had somewhat tasteless headlines, but they always do - they're equal opportunity bashers. Rougher the headline the better it sells.

It's also insulting to think that all Americans have lost respect for other nations in general.

I haven't said so, but I've seen many comments from american posters who cast respect by only one thing, supports Iraq war / doesn't support.

I don't think americans in general have lost respect for other nations in general. But some americans have lost respect for some countries on very limited grounds.

This war will come and go and negative feelings will eventually pass.

I agree. But it takes some work from everyone.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vibetic
I don't think americans in general have lost respect for other nations in general. But some americans have lost respect for some countries on very limited grounds.

Well, there are ignorant people everywhere aren't there? lol
I think that's all that we can conclude from this entire issue. I'm certainly not saying that all Americans are admirable, but people can be closed minded around the world. I also agree that much of this tension has been cooked up by media here in the US and elsewhere. Journalists may very well bypass lawyers as the most hated profession if they're not careful lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's shouldn't be an expecation of the world to immediately dispatch forces at American request.

I wish I could still find a point to the war which has claimed over 1,000 US lives and hundreds of thousands of innocents.

Naturally the right-wing "patriots" will always agree with every decision made by the American president out of this nationalist paranoia that everyone is coming to kill you.

Too bad all those billions of dollars spent over there were not used for fixing roads, improving social security, stuff that actually makes a difference in citizens lives.

I don't feel sorry for one soldier who dies over there, I feel much remorse for every single innocent person living there daily life.. had it taken away from them because apparently someones wallet was more important than peoples lives... or perhaps nationalism is more important than peoples lives.

The Iraqis know there are getting a puppet government.. which is under presidency of Bush.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
this elections was the closest election we have had in many years. I believe that if karry had stay we the election he may have a slite lead and could have won, but I for some reson i don't think so.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hughes28105
this elections was the closest election we have had in many years.

Yes about 4. Gore was closer.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
It's shouldn't be an expecation of the world to immediately dispatch forces at American request.

Most Americans would agree with that, but using a veto in the UN disregarding the overwhelming support from the majority of other nations for your own countries self interest at the sake of American lives and US national security is wrong.

I wish I could still find a point to the war which has claimed over 1,000 US lives and hundreds of thousands of innocents.

Anthrax, funding terrorism, Saddam was responsible for direct murder of over 500,000 Iraqi's and thousands of innocent Israeli citizens..

Naturally the right-wing "patriots" will always agree with every decision made by the American president out of this nationalist paranoia that everyone is coming to kill you.

That's a load of crap.. It's your misinformed arrogant ignorance that enflames Americans to dislike foreigners who are blinded by their own bias. Iraq WAS out to get us and so is Al-Queda, Hezzbolah, and many smaller terrorist groups.

Too bad all those billions of dollars spent over there were not used for fixing roads, improving social security, stuff that actually makes a difference in citizens lives.

Your right its too bad France, Germany, and Palestinian suicide bombers soaked up all the oil for food money which was meant for citizens of Iraq and not for terror and payoffs. With any money left over from those illegal actions Saddam just built more palaces and statues of himself killing almost 5,000 children per month from starvation.

I don't feel sorry for one soldier who dies over there, I feel much remorse for every single innocent person living there daily life.. had it taken away from them because apparently someones wallet was more important than peoples lives... or perhaps nationalism is more important than peoples lives.

Im a soldier in the US Army and excuse me for saying you are a piece of trash. This war has nothing to do with money. It has to do with fighting back against those who wish to harm us. If you have forgotton we were attacks by WMD and lost thousands of lives here in the US who did nothing more then wake up and go to work in the morning.

The Iraqis know there are getting a puppet government.. which is under presidency of Bush.

The majority of Iraqi's are happy Saddam is gone and are in favor of the current government. They are also looking forward to elections.

You are really ignorant when it comes to world affairs...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I really don't see anyone expecting that. We just don't like it when others try to stand in our way

Well you haven't looked hard enough. Maybe the reasons for this war don't fit your standards, but that doens't mean that they don't exist.

I just don't see very much of this at all. Seems like a fairly erroneous view of the average "right wing" American. Last I heard, over 60% of those who voted for Bush thought that Iraq was a bad idea. What does that say about Kerry and the American population?

Couldn't agree with you more. The idea of liberty is the willingness to take an occassional black-eye in exchange for freedom.

I feel sorry for anyone who dies or is injured in any war. Otherwise, seems like you've just listed the motivations for most wars throughout history. If you can't see the pattern by now... then I guess there's no point even in arguing.

Edit: LOL Raphael. We posted at the exact time. Almost looks like a double post.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by veritas93]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90

I somewhat agree. Many countries still have mandatory military service. It's a hell of a lot to ask someone to send conscripts to fight with very shaky evidence. US did help many countries and those countries still will send even conscripts to help if there are obvious reasons to justify it.

Originally posted by veritas93
I really don't see anyone expecting that. We just don't like it when others try to stand in our way

Fair enough, but nobody was standing on your way. There was no french navy to intercept american ships. There were no dirty tricks. Security council operated exactly by the rules, rules largely created by US.

Originally posted by Raphael
using a veto in the UN disregarding the overwhelming support from the majority of other nations for your own countries self interest at the sake of American lives and US national security is wrong.

Yes, it's basically wrong to veto an overwhelming support and get people killed however:

1. There were no overwhelming support in the first place:
Supporters of war: US, UK, Bulgaria,Spain, (Mexico)
Opponents of war: France, Germany, Russia, China, Pakistan, Syria
Wanted inspections to continue, no opinion of war: Angola, Cameroon, Chile, Guinea

2. France never got to use any veto on this matter. The vote was never held. US just scrapped the whole thing when it became apparent they weren't getting the support anyway.

3. Iraq posed no immediate threat to any american lives. Like Bush administration basically said everytime when they referred to 12 years since gulf war. Nothing had happened by Iraq in a long time, nothing was about to happen, not in a long time if ever. No americans were about die because of Iraq

Originally posted by Raphael Anthrax, funding terrorism, Saddam was responsible for direct murder of over 500,000 Iraqi's and thousands of innocent Israeli citizens..

Saddam was an a**hole no doubt, he killed plenty of his own people and plenty of others. Threat to Israel yes, threat to US not a chance. And there were plenty of threats to Israel from about every country in middle east, Iraq was nothing really special.

Originally posted by RaphaelIraq WAS out to get us and so is Al-Queda, Hezzbolah, and many smaller terrorist groups.

North-Korea is out to get you, Cuba is out to get you, many countries are out to get you, and they even admit it. Soviet Union was so out to get you, there were 10 000 nuclear weapons pointed at you, they were the only ones with real possibilities and resources to even try to get you... Did they even play with the trigger ?

Cuba's been there for 50 years and they're not deploying anthrax missiles at you. Wait deploy missiles ? They could row them there in a boat... So there's anthrax in Florida and you suspect... Iraq ? PLEASE !

Originally posted by RaphaelYour right its too bad France, Germany, and Palestinian suicide bombers soaked up all the oil for food money which was meant for citizens of Iraq and not for terror and payoffs. With any money left over from those illegal actions Saddam just built more palaces and statues of himself killing almost 5,000 children per month from starvation.

Millions of people have died of Hunger in North-Korea in recent years. Do I see you flaming about it... no. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that Saddam is gone. But remember that there were also American companies scamming the oil for food. How do I know you're not driving a car bought with money from dead Iraqi children right now ? I not saying you do but equally most of the french or germans newer saw a cent so it's not really fair to blame all of them.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by vibetic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join