Mystery Aircraft Frightens Quincy, MA Residents

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by signalfire

FLIR i would say needs clear conditions. I have a FLIR in my car as a night vision device.

It doesn't work well at all during heavy rain, or especially fog or more than light snow.

Does this help?

Yes, but the newscasters mentioned simple cloud cover, not rainy conditions, and the plane is apparently flying underneath the clouds.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Clouds block light as well as rain. Certain FLIR cameras don't work well under cloud cover.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If **every** citizen bought a semi decent well powered laser pointer and aimed it at these swines that are invading peoples privacy, these "surveillance flights" would quickly stop. It's absolutely disgusting that these glorified pigs can hover for hours spying on American Citizens at will.

This is more than likely what they are using.

The Cessna "Enforcer" aka "Privacy Invader"
edit on 18-5-2013 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

And then either end up in jail, or having to live with killing someone because the plane crashed (potentially into houses in the area). Great plan that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Here's a gray area - what if you used an IR laser? It can't possibly blind a pilot (well, not at that level...), but it will white out FLIR or IR cameras.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

That's a whole different ballgame. Although the average person is going to go out and buy that pretty green laser that's super bright.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

There's a gadget that blanks FLIR and most NV by putting out pulses of very bright wide spectrum IR, the NV perceives it as a light overload and shuts down to protect the goggles. It can be very disconcerting at night running through the woods, then blank. You take off the goggles and it's still dark.

Of course, we've got NV that's modified to work with that, so you end up the one eyed man in the land of the blind. Sort of like clubbing baby seals, it is.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Skynet is active....

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There's one been cruising my area now for hours at a time... the 1st time I noticed it was the last week of August/1st week of September. It's not every night but it is unnerving when it happens. The 1st time it happened I called the police and was just told they'd check into it but now I'm considering contacting the Boston Globe. I live in a suburb of Boston, Boston and Quincy border. I guess it's surveillance but of what?
edit on 22-10-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Just saw this thread since someone bumped it.

Wow - 9 pages of posts and no one thought it might be related to some law enforcement follow-up to the Boston Marathon bombings that took place less than a month before?

IIRC there was a lot of worry/speculation about others in the area being involved that hadn't yet been caught. And Quincy is less than 10 miles from downtown Boston...

But then again, maybe I'm dense or have my ATS hat screwed on too tightly tonight...

edit on 10/22/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I live in Chestnut Hill AND THE BUZZ FROM THE FBI PLANE is driving

Me CRAZY!!

TBH it sounds like a Stuka dive bomber at least 6 times a day. So pissed I spent millions on a nice home in a nice neighborhood and have to put up with this for- no reason given!! It had BETTER be a national security issue of the highest importance...

Every day folks, every day overhead. For months and months....

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

It's been at least 2 hours now. Knowing it's there or wondering if it's still there makes me listen for it... so of course I hear it and yes that buzzing is making me want to scream. This is a very tight circle over my neighborhood, I can't imagine wtf they are looking for. I mean of course I don't know all the people in my immediate area it just doesn't seem like there could be much going on around here to be worth flying a plane for hours to watch or listen to... ditto on Chestnut Hill... wtfh

I waved at it once lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
About an hour ago from twitter:

@CS_Intel: AN FBI CESSNA C182, REG N906TM, IS CURRENTLY AIRBORNE OVER THE BOSTON-METRO AREA AT 4,100 FT ASL, SQUAWK 5142.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Kali74

It's been at least 2 hours now. Knowing it's there or wondering if it's still there makes me listen for it... so of course I hear it and yes that buzzing is making me want to scream. This is a very tight circle over my neighborhood, I can't imagine wtf they are looking for. I mean of course I don't know all the people in my immediate area it just doesn't seem like there could be much going on around here to be worth flying a plane for hours to watch or listen to... ditto on Chestnut Hill... wtfh

I waved at it once lol.

TAKE PICTURES! And get clear/focused ones, please!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Interesting guys, thanks for keeping the thread alive with your info. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Perhaps related- an f-18 just blew over my house here. Holy cow! Can't say that happens very often. Only seen f-15's 2-3 times in 30 years I've lived here, never an f-18. I'm out West in the burbs not far from Boston.
edit on 10America/Chicago31pm2013-10-24T13:18:01-05:00201310America/Chicago31 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

pictures have already been taken of it - on boston.com (globe website)

search for the story.

i can't get a good shot as i live in a thickly wooded area and only catch glimpses of it through tree branches.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Was it for the game by any chance? Moving from one base to a base closer to Fenway?
Not sure if they had a flyover during game 2 or not.

Also as far as pics, I don't have a good camera and so far it's only happened at night, sorry.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

(post by proteus33 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i got a bad long distance iphone5 shot of the plane yesterday flying over Rt. 9

in Newton , MA near the hammond rd intersection...

buzzing like a V1 bomb. I have a small telephoto zoom i will use next time...

edit on 10/29/2013 by drphilxr because: location added

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thank you for the photo. Anything is better then nothing. I am curious about this as well even though I live no where near this. Also much appreciation for keeping us up to date.

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join