It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Aircraft Frightens Quincy, MA Residents

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

they are looking for a dirty bomb imho which makes sense since it should give off a reading. Maybe the interrogation of the brother has something to do with the time frame. Why quincy would be targeted is weird because it's a dead city and the people that live there only do so for an easy commute into the HUB, Not many living wage jobs in Quincy so that's important to note taking out quincy would have little impact imho.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The only people in quincy that are frightened are the ones that can't afford to move out of that city

just my opinion sure Quincy has a few nice areas but for the most part it's like an urban ghost town just waiting for someone stick a fork in it. Terrorists would be doing Massachusetts a favor if they wiped it off the map sorry if that sounds harsh but it's the truth. Quincy isn't the target imho so the whole thing is very very strange indeed.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrog77
If this plane is checking for radiation, why can that not be done from the ground ?

What makes you think they are not?

Just because you have a plane potentially looking for radiating material doesn't negate the possibility that there's half a dozen vans on the ground part of the same search. A van is much easier to hide though.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm kind of surprised that no one in the thread has commented about this yet:

Its obviously got some type of detection, radar, or camera system on it.

This is a bit disconcerting:

Then I asked that when folks call me can I at least tell them that it is something that they shouldn’t worry about, it’s something they shouldn’t be concerned with? He said, ‘I can’t tell you that.’

That's a “I cannot 'officially' tell you anything, but I'm trying too, so read between the lines” remark, if I ever saw one.

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde
I thought I remembered reading the following article on ATS. I tried 4 different search terms with no success. (But with the current search engine - that doesn't mean much).

Mystery Smell Irks Quincy Neighborhood

Did a bit of a searching on what things can smell of sulfur, and came across some interesting stuff. These two articles could very well be related.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Look along the back edge, too, there's WAY too many antennas back there...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

If that photo is of one of the suspected planes, the 'pod' attached to the fuselage, is more than likely an L-3 Wescam MX-series gyro-stabilized imaging system.

L-3 has a ton of divisions and operators, located in that general area, that these planes have been spotted in and around.

Additionally, I've contacted the individual who supposedly 'owns' one of the reported Cessna's, which is operated under 'RKT Productions'. He's owns the company - a production studio/firm that does on-stage productions as well as short films. His name is Richard Kayeen Thomas, hence the initials in the company name.. He's also an author. Long story short, it was a dead end..
edit on 5/11/2013 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Because SIGINT receivers require a lot of juice, and collection electronic intelligence from the air requires a hefty air frame if you want to go from 'sound' to 'light'. Yes, they are listening for something. Something that doesn't use cell towers or landlines. Not that they don't have that covered too! Go Spooks !

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by smyleegrl

If it IS N1132F, then they may be on an FBI operation that they want kept quiet for now, and they told them not to explain what they're doing there. They have to let the FAA know who they are, and what they're doing, at least as far as the flight goes but they can request that the FAA not say anything that might blow the operation.

Submit a FOIA request. While you won't get the nature of the plane's mission, you will get all the data including radar and audio pertaining to the time period. They work...I have pulled several of them where I work for people concerned about "UFOs".

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
I don't see any NOTAMS in the area at this time.

tfr.faa.gov...

I think you misunderstand or don't know what NOTAMS are.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Okay, more interesting info that might possibly be linked to our friends in the sky, reportedly seen over Quincy area, the last few weeks....

"Mystery Planes Getting Around" - Wired Article, 2006

Interesting indeed.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Here is another report on the plane worring and annoying folks in the Quincy area.
Apparently "the powers that be" don't want any of the citizens to know wtf it is doing up there, who is up there
and who is paying for it.

www.patriotledger.com...

QUINCY —

The Federal Aviation Administration knows what’s up there but it’s not telling the public.
A slew of Quincy residents have been complaining and calling police and the city about an aircraft that appeared about two weeks ago and has been taking wide, repeated loops in the air, between about 7 p.m. and 4 a.m.

Residents from Wollaston to West Quincy describe a low-pitch humming sound coming from the aircraft. Some have said it’s reminiscent of a drone, which is an unmanned aircraft operated by remote control.

“It’s not a drone,” FAA spokesman Jim Peters said. “It’s an authorized flight and we are aware of it.”

Still not talking.
What's with the big concealment of it's purpose?

Quincy Police Capt. John Dougan said police are aware of the aircraft and “it’s nothing to be concerned about.”

Ward 4 City Councilor Brian Palmucci thinks residents are entitled to know more about the aircraft’s purpose, particularly following the intense police operations following the Boston marathon bombings.

Read more: Mysterious aircraft puzzles Quincy residents - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger www.patriotledger.com...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

If its disturbing the peace, than it is something to worry about, and someone should be doing something to limit its hours of operation, or be providing some type of noise abatement.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by azureskys

If its disturbing the peace, than it is something to worry about, and someone should be doing something to limit its hours of operation, or be providing some type of noise abatement.

Noise abatement typically pertains to aircraft taking off (though I understand you are speaking to a wider scope here than just aircraft). As to the aircraft's operation, my colleagues are remaining silent. I have reached out to the north-east coast to find information but its quiet there as to what that aircraft is doing.

Typically, as to my location, we approve many 'photo' operations. An aircraft typically operating in Class C or the lower portions of Class B airspace and might affect the normal flow of air traffic.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Its obviously got some type of detection, radar, or camera system on it.

That isn't obvious at all. Inferred and speculated, but not obvious. It is hard to tell what that is; so claiming "obvious" is silly.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

No, actually it is obvious to anyone who has worked on aircraft.
Those types of domes are used to contain specific types of gear.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yep, the cover up antenna. The kinds of antenna you'd use to be listening for SATCOMM, or HF voice. In other words, an Iridium phone or a walkie-talkie or a radio of some kind! The speed and maneuverability of an air borne platform provide superior DF results, especially with highly accurate time source like GPS.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by ownbestenemy

No, actually it is obvious to anyone who has worked on aircraft.
Those types of domes are used to contain specific types of gear.

I literally just highlighted the exact imaging platform, in my post above.. No one read it, apparently. Lol
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/11/2013 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Noise abatement typically pertains to aircraft taking off

Noise abatement refers to any noise generated by any loud equipment in operation. Even the space shuttle has a “noise abatement system” that is used for launches. Usually though it refers to aircraft operations near airports, but can actually refer to many procedures including engine testing. Aircraft noise has a serious affect on property value.

BTW... Here's the space shuttles:

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Typically, as to my location, we approve many 'photo' operations. An aircraft typically operating in Class C or the lower portions of Class B airspace and might affect the normal flow of air traffic.

Most aerial photography is done VFR, so it would not have any affect on normal traffic unless they are close to a controlled airport or approach/departure corridor. This aircraft has been stated as flying around FL60 well within VFR altitudes.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Are you suggesting that I don't work around aircraft of that I don't have a large body of knowledge to pull from?! I didn't say it wasn't anything, but that it isn't obvious. ATS is turning schizophrenic.....heaven forbid you question another or discuss the merits of something said.

That plane with the incredibly obscuring red circle is a Cessna 182T. Could the identified portion of the craft be something? Yes and I don't disagree. I do disagree with the instant speculation that it is something. Until we have other pictures of the same aircraft it could be nothing, it could be something.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

My keychain "nuke-alert" hasnt chirped at all but that wont detect

what is surely shielded by lead, 10 miles away from me.

Quincy is on the coast. Wonder if that is pertinent.

Also, it doesn't suprise me no one took better pix of it there.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join