It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Aircraft Frightens Quincy, MA Residents

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Oooo I'm frightened by it and feel it's a threat to my life. Maybe some responsible NRA members can "Stand your Ground" and stop it?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Maybe looking for grow ops using areal thermal imagine???

This is maybe a thought if it is in fact a manned aircraft flying relentlessly over the city. Not to many other things that can be used on an aircraft flying that often over the city at night. It's not like you can really see much at even a low altitude at night. Unless of course it's going to be some publicity stunt, or guiness record or something.

Just my first guess. If it is in fact manned, it's doing something. Why put a man up to fly low for relentless hours over the city, especially at night. Too many different air streams over the city that low day or night for a small aircraft.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

This is maybe a thought if it is in fact a manned aircraft flying relentlessly over the city.

I wonder if you could automate a Cessna. Why does it have to look like a drone? Wouldn't it be easier to put a dronish autopilot rig in a Cessna, if you wanted to appear to be a small airplane?

I'd suppose people would whine less if they thought Sky King was up there flying it. Maybe it's Skynet instead.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

It could be done. They've automated a 727, and a Boeing 720, to crash both of them in the desert. The 727 was in a documentary about what happens during a plane crash, and the 720 in a "non-explosive fuel" test. It exploded real good. It wouldn't be that hard to automate a Cessna and fly it around.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

Well, like I said, without charts for reference. All my flight experience is really really far away from Boston, so I'm not familiar with the area. Thanks for the correction.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I guess it is possible to use an aircraft like this with a neutron scanner attached to look for nuclear warheads or bombs. I know the D.O.E. uses helicopters with scanners to look for them. I recall a time several years ago when they thought terrorists had smuggled a 10 kiloton weapon into New York city and searched for it but did not tell the Mayor or the Governor about it. Just a possibility. I just don't know if it has to be a helicopter that flies slower to search or if it could be done by fixed wing aircraft at faster speeds.

edit on 11/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked
Flying over every day for nearly two weeks and nobody has pics or video of it?

I would be willing to bet that someone does. Whether they have uploaded them to the web I do not know. Then someone would have to find them and upload them here. But you are right that if this is real there must be pics. I'm sure this is real, and that people are seeing a military aircraft of some sort. I would be willing to bet also that it is a drone, given the frequency of sightings.

I would never get used to the idea that there were planes in the sky constantly monitoring me whenever I was outside. But what is even scarier is that they can use thermal technology and actually see people in their houses. The invasion of privacy is astounding. The government seems to keep wanting to push ahead with these drones in the US. I think that even if this aircraft is manned, it is up there simply to monitor something on the ground. It could be just watching for "suspicious" activity for all i know.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

And for two weeks not one has managed to set up a tripod, a video camera and film this "aircraft". It said dusk to dawn in the article. You would be surprised how good movies u can get in dusk light.

Yes, smart people these MA residents. Must be te new american breed of a high IQ generation (sarc).
edit on 11-5-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
An aircraft over a city now is breaking news? Come on people...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's amazing to me how easy it is for the government to do stuff like this and get away with it. Last I checked the citizens have a right to know anything and everything. It amazes me how complacent even the Mayor is on this one. I mean if the FAA won't answer go up the chain. I would make such a headache of it they would at least let the local government and law enforcement know. I feel certain that if the local government were to know something that they could tell the citizens, the majority of them would probably feel better. My guess is it's more about that fact that they are being completely and totally secret about it and that makes people more nervous.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If they were flying around testing for radiation why would this be such a secret to keep from the city council, mayor and police officers? That makes zero sense.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I'm 35 minutes away & have been wanting to head in since patriots day. I'll video anything I can. I'll bring my cell phone and a old camera I have. Prob take the train in and scalp a sox ticket. I'll be looking up all day, right near Pease AFB

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Here is your "zero sense". It already happened before.

Federal homeland security chief Tom Ridge has promised to tell Mayor Bloomberg and Gov. Pataki about any future terrorism threats against the city, it was revealed yesterday. The former Pennsylvania governor called the two leaders Tuesday after Time magazine reported that the feds kept New York officials in the dark about an October nuclear threat. "Mayor Bloomberg and I both received a call yesterday from Gov. Ridge assuring us that whenever they have any credible threat, that both the city and the state will be apprised of that," Pataki said at a news conference with Bloomberg yesterday. "I am confident that the communications system already is significantly improved. " Time reported the feds got a tip - which turned out to be false - that terrorists had obtained a nuclear weapon from the Russian arsenal and planned to smuggle it into the city. They didn't tell city officials because of fears of sparking a panic. But a chorus of angry leaders, including Pataki, Bloomberg and Sen. Hillary Clinton

Source

It was a big deal when it happened. They thought if it got out that they were searching for a 10 kiloton nuclear weapon thought to have been smuggled in by terrorists that the panic to get out of the city would be a disaster in and of itself. So, yes they kept it a secret.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse

It was a big deal when it happened. They thought if it got out that they were searching for a 10 kiloton nuclear weapon thought to have been smuggled in by terrorists that the panic to get out of the city would be a disaster in and of itself. So, yes they kept it a secret.

Yet, instead of panicking, I'd think everybody would go online and rush order a Geiger counter, to check in and around their own neighborhoods to satisfy themselves. Who trusts the government, anyway? The People aren't going to sit on their butts and wait for the officials to tell them lies. They will want to know. For sure, many will get involved, and you'd get a whole army of citizens involved in the search for radioactivity. After all, it's their homes, they live there, nobody wants the suspense of not knowing, or having to trust someone else s report. Before I run away from my home, I want to be sure I'm not being duped into abandoning good real estate.

So the gov has no excuse not to inform the public promptly.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It is probably pure training exercises to find radioactive material (or some other type of material) - they could have dozens of pilots that need to complete the course hence why the plane seems to be in the air all day and all night. If they are using live material they don't want the public to know because terrorists could actually locate the item too and then use it against us.

They have had aerial surveillance for 60 odd years - they don't need to fly low in order to do that. They don't need to use a plane this way for audio/visual surveillance as there are other easier (cheaper) things for them to utilize. If they were tracking a singular person or group of people, a helicopter is much more agile (if you were tracking one person in a plane you would have to do sweeps in order to keep tabs on them - copters can virtual hover in one place making this type of surveillance alot more probable).

And to the people that believe it is a right to know what is going on - whether it relates to national security or not the general public has no right to anything. You wouldn't burst into your neighbors house and demand to know what they are doing 24/7 because not only do you not have a right to know, you don't "need" to know. Whatever they are doing, we will probably never find out - it's not worth getting anxious over. And just remember the more you know - the bigger the threat you are. Stay simple people.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamz90

I agree.

I remember reading somewhere on ATS not too long ago that some par of the alphabet is going to be do some background radiation research using small planes and helicopters to get their readings, it also said they said there is nothing to be alarmed about.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemdog
There was a thread within the last few days about unusual activity of military (?) planes and helicopters flying low, circling, etc., almost continuously, for several hours and for several days/weeks over the last month. I live in the San Francisco area, in the east bay, and we've been seeing the same thing. Last weekend was really active, to the point where the sound of helicopters and small planes (twin engine?) was literally overlapping for the whole day. They were circling, low, and going back and forth like they were searching (corn row/mowing the lawn patterns). Its started up again today, several small planes and helicopters, back and forth, circling, and overlapping. Really strange, something is up, coast to coast....

I can second your observation. I live in San Francisco, and I've noticed off and on over the last few weeks low flying small aircraft (sometimes quite noisy) flying patterns over the city both during the day and night. Ever since 9/11 there is very little low flying traffic directly over the city, just an occasional plane with a banner, and the normal rush hour traffic copters.

Also, the FBI plane, N1132F last landed 2 years ago, Saturday, April 16, 2011 according to flightaware.com The other planes tail numbers also show 11 weeks since last flight and 10 years since last flight.

I'm hoping that the broader nationwide increase is due to someone waking up about the real danger Fukushima presents, and they're getting a (way too late) baseline reading cross-country. That wouldn't explain these occasions when they seem to be flying over the same area for weeks though. That does sound more like looking for something they have intel on.

A-H.E.M. (formerly M.E.H)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

I am not so sure that Geiger counters would find a weapon hidden away somewhere. They would need to be close. The neutron scanner is a special instrument for looking for warheads. There was a covert operation once where the DIA hid a neutron scanner in a video camera and acted like news reporters by a port looking a ships going out to sea to find the one that had material for a weapon on board and found the ship. It was a French flagged ship and was sunk by Navy SEAL's that clandestinely went on board at night in the middle of the Atlantic. It wasn't revealed to the public until 1996 that they even did that.

And the problem is if you went out and broadcast that you were looking for a 10Kt weapon that was clandestinely brought into the city, people wouldn't be ordering Geiger counters to conduct a search. In the first place, there wouldn't be time to order and /or obtain enough of them that quick. Secondly, and more importantly, the people would panic like the dumb animals that they are and it would be a disaster in and of itself. It wouldn't work. They can fly over an area and scan for the weapon much easier and safer without the public knowing. And you can't count on politicians to keep a secret like that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join