It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Aircraft Frightens Quincy, MA Residents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Except that according to Flightradar24, and Flightaware, the last flight of the aircraft was in April. Flightradar says the 22nd, Flightaware says the 16th.

Yeah, but most people think "looping" means circling around the city, so they don't think of it the same way someone that knows planes would.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Count on the MSM to leave us more baffled than before we read this information. e.g. "There's something
fly'in around out there every night, but we don't have any pics or vids. We figured you'd just believe
us again ".

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Can any of our Bostonian members catch a video?Or a picture for us to speculate on?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I’m 10 to 15 minutes away. Mabey I will take a ride sometime and see if I can get a pic. But the airspace they are talking about is filled most of the day, very close to Logan.

three weeks ago I was going to bed late, out on my back deck smoking my last smoke. I saw a plane and thought it odd for the time of night, 1:30 am. As I smoked it did a circle. Then another one. Grand total it was 45 minutes before I finally went to bed, no idea how long it was up there for.

It bothered me enough to get my astronomical binoculars and get a look in the dark. It was hard to ID but – a jet, long nose, swept wings, medium frame, reminded me of a b1. It did not make me comfortable.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If this plane doing surveillance over the area then why? could an equal level of surveillance not be done on the ground? what could be so difficult to listen in on or see that it needs a plane to watch.

The conspiracist in me is saying this is connected with the Boston bombings but in what way? could it really be as simple as eye in the sky.

Fascinating, I hope we get to know soon.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Except that according to Flightradar24, and Flightaware, the last flight of the aircraft was in April. Flightradar says the 22nd, Flightaware says the 16th.

Yeah, but most people think "looping" means circling around the city, so they don't think of it the same way someone that knows planes would.

I saw that that was why I questioned the Tail number. The FAA would not know about a plane flying VFR,Flight aware should have had its transit to the Boston area though. I didn't look up the TCA for Logan airport to see if there was space underneath it. That would be a pretty complex plane to be flying that low and without a flight plan - not impossible but I am certain the FBI could draw on something a little more appropriate - perhaps a stealth black helicopter with cloaking enabled.

The last time I was PIC was in the late 80s I think the rules have probably changed -- someone will correct me I am sure.
edit on 10-5-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
reply to post by Zaphod58

Sorry zaphod ... What does class b air space mean .. How many classes are there

Airspace classification info

Class B Airspace is generally the airspace from the surface to 10,000 feet. This airspace is normally around the busiest airports in terms of aircraft traffic such as Chicago or Los Angeles. Class B airspace is individually designed to meet the needs of the particular airport and consists of a surface area and two more layers. Most Class B airspace resemble an upside down wedding cake. Pilots must contact air traffic control to receive an air traffic control clearance to enter Class B airspace. Once a pilot receives an air traffic control clearance, they receive separation services from other aircraft within the airspace.

You are welcome.

edit on 10-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Cheers muzzleflash sorry I'm lazy love your avatar too lol

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Flightaware and Flightradar can only track aircraft using a specific type of transponder. If they were flying without that transponder mode activated then they couldn't track them, and it would appear that they haven't flown since last month. It's a good way for them to fly without people being able to see exactly where they were.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Sorry zaphod ... What does class b air space mean .. How many classes are there

Airspace classification info

Class B Airspace is generally the airspace from the surface to 10,000 feet. This airspace is normally around the busiest airports in terms of aircraft traffic such as Chicago or Los Angeles. Class B airspace is individually designed to meet the needs of the particular airport and consists of a surface area and two more layers. Most Class B airspace resemble an upside down wedding cake. Pilots must contact air traffic control to receive an air traffic control clearance to enter Class B airspace. Once a pilot receives an air traffic control clearance, they receive separation services from other aircraft within the airspace.

You are welcome.

edit on 10-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Cheers muzzleflash sorry I'm lazy love your avatar too lol

Here is the sectional for Logan -- you can fly with out contacting anyone under any layer of the "wedding cake" except the middle. Each each area is marked with the ceiling and floor of that area.

This is a sectional -- there is one of these for every square inch of the United States (and most of the rest of the world too)

Even more welcome

flightaware.com...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm seeing some talk locally that the tail number is N906TM, although I can't say how reliable that is. Can you tell us anything about this aircraft, Zaphod?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Deja Vu

someone is utilizing time-travel...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Flightaware and Flightradar can only track aircraft using a specific type of transponder. If they were flying without that transponder mode activated then they couldn't track them, and it would appear that they haven't flown since last month. It's a good way for them to fly without people being able to see exactly where they were.

I circumnavigated the US in a C-150 without ever filing a flight plan. If I remember right I still had to fly with at least a non altitude reporting transponder I believe the number that was set was 1200 the ATC would know I was VFR I doubt that those transponders are logged by Flightaware. VFR would not seem to be a comfortable place for a turbo prop but it could be done.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Not in the Quincy area though. Quincy, again without referencing charts, should fall under the Class B airspace from Logan. That means that you have to have AT LEAST a Mode C transponder, which reports both airspeed and altitude. By staying low, and VFR they're staying out of the Class B traffic, and possibly out of the bottom of the Class B airspace, but operating that closely they have to have Mode C working.

Flightaware and Flightradar both operate by tracking a Mode S transponder. Not all aircraft have switched over to Mode S, or ADS-B, both of which can be tracked by websites.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

I'm seeing some talk locally that the tail number is N906TM, although I can't say how reliable that is. Can you tell us anything about this aircraft, Zaphod?

That is a Cessna 182 it is in upstate NY and is owned by a company RKT Productions in VA.

flightaware.com...

Registration

flightaware.com...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The rules are different -- It was more fun in the olden days.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

N906TM is registered to RKT Productions. This gets really interesting, because according to online records, RKT has existed for roughly five months, in the DC area. The airworthiness certificate registration shows them in the Bristow, VA area, and having owned the aircraft March of 2011.

N906TM

RKT Productions

When I do a search for RKT Productions in Virginia, I get a lot of pages about aircraft registrations, but not a lot about the company itself.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
They own 3 182s in Bristol

www.aircraftone.com...

The could just be aerial photograpers

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Sorry MetaComet. I didn't see your post about the quote before I posted nearly the same thing. Great minds think alike!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

RKT has existed for roughly five months

CIA dummy corporation would be my guess.

And that makes me wonder about this.

www.fbo.gov...

COTS AIRBORNE GAMMA AND/OR NEUTRON RADIATION DETECTION SYSTEMS IN SUPPORT OF THE GRYPHON TEST CAMPAIGN

Airplane flying around town at low altitude.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
btw. found a pic of N1132F

www.flickr.com...

and over here on facebook someone posted a few other planes in the boston area that are flying

www.facebook.com...

FBI Cessna JENA19, N1132F, A039FC has been around the Boston area the last few days. I guess there is still work to be done.

On twitter as well there is some info
twitter.com...

22 Apr An FBI Cessna 208B, c/s JENA 19, reg N1132F, is currently up at 6,900ft above the Boston Metro Area.

edit on 10-5-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join