It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunset of yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well I have made an effort to finish this one although not every effort is a success.

This one is called "The sunset of yesterday".

In horizons far from forgotten sunsets I can see the colors of yesterday.

Dreaming to the beauty of your eyes,I can see yesterday's sunset reflected in their waters.

And if I'll try to measure with the steps of my mind the path to your heart,I will find my self lost

of so much beauty that surrounds the silence of this beautiful sunset....of yesterday.

Not every word is meant to be,not every thought is reflected in the future but the colors you have showed me,they are...

I surrender to you ,oh sweet sunset as if I were ever...

Each moment I live,I live in your colors,your divine red light gives me an impossible dream,your ray to touch ,a love I dare too much,untouched are your beautiful leaves of your sun....light.

But I am not as beautiful as you and if I have to choose ,I'd choose you... light of forgotten sunsets...of yesterday.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
You have some natural painting ability. I have tried painting a few times in past and didnt have any success. Although im not so bad at drawing.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Although im not so bad at drawing.
I guess you should keep on trying ,for me it come natural like breathing.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Make a video showing how you do it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Make a video showing how you do it.
A painting may take hours even days,therefore it is hard to make a video+no ID disclosure....sorry but this is ATS.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'll be constructively critical, i loved your "Roses" pic, i totally thought it was excellent. This one has merits but for me does not reach the same standard.. this is no bad thing though. I craft a lot and often get things wrong, though with the things i make and the processes i use i am able to just make something smaller and it's rare i cant rescue a piece in some way (see my sig to get an idea of what i mean re my crafts)

In a sense, that is quite unimportant though - the value is often in the process itself.. the mental and physical activity, using your creativity as well as developing yourself as a creator. there is always joy and learning, and i like looking back at early pieces i have made and seeing how i have progressed. funnily enough, i like my earlier pieces that was not initially happy with the better i get at my own crafts.

thanks for sharing, i really think you have talent at what you do

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I think it's pretty. It's original and pretty. I've been here just staring at it, and then I got my lil boy to have a gander and he says that looks very cool.

Thanks for sharing this one as well. Good job friend

Peace and love
-nat cat-

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

This one has merits but for me does not reach the same standard.. this is no bad thing though.
Yeah I know it is ugly.

Well but at least I've tried.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I think it's pretty. It's original and pretty. I've been here just staring at it, and then I got my lil boy to have a gander and he says that looks very cool.
Well I am happy at least it is cool.
Thank you my friend for giving me strength.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

i think you are being a rough on yourself there, it just did not please you as much as "roses"... in my opinion you have chosen the most difficult art and medium - oil paintings of life. you should be proud of what you have achieved already, and any piece you are not happy with is still a very valuable experience. evaluate what could have been done better and why.. work out your strengths in this artform and play to them for a while, then start to stretch yourself.

i genuinely meant it when i said you have talent. it's just my opinion but i have impeccable taste

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
We were just talking about the movie What dreams May Come and the colors captured the essence of that movie and of a sunset.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by skalla

This one has merits but for me does not reach the same standard.. this is no bad thing though.
Yeah I know it is ugly.

Well but at least I've tried.

Wrong...it is still a work in progress to be that critical when you are just starting out is a doing yourself a disservice!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Wrong...it is still a work in progress to be that critical when you are just starting out is a doing yourself a disservice!
Oh I guess that painting it is already finished.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by abeverage

Oh I guess that painting it is already finished.

No no no...your painting SKILL is a work in progress! That painting may be done and may not be your favorite but that depends on what you are wanting to achieve. Expressionism? or Realism? Your skill is still a work in progress!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I love it! It's addicting... I've been staring at it for a good 15 minutes before posting. Is your avatar also a painting by you?

I thought it was cool how you hid secret messsges in the painting. But I couldnt quite make out the words... Something about "contenta converter"?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Is your avatar also a painting by you?
Oh no,my avatar is I,a place to be.

But I couldnt quite make out the words... Something about "contenta converter"?
Oh no,that is photo converter program,for resizing a picture.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm so glad I didn't miss this one. I saw both your flower paintings, and must of been sleeping or cleaning or parenting when this one came up. I'm glad I clicked on the Art forum instead of just relying on my current topics button.

I think your a very talented, natural painter. So glad you've taken time to share them.

Cirque

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Thank you Cirque.

new topics

top topics

join