It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi...The truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Credit goes to a man I only know as D-13...a retired military man and fellow blogger; for his take on Benghazi. Not I. I am only sharing his informative view of the matter in his own words. He seems to always be "in the know" with a lot of current events. Please enjoy.

The first thing that I need to say is that I am not going to “link” to anything. To link to any of the supposition that is flying around the internet would be the incorrect thing to do because I can guarantee you that none of the world news organizations has the faintest idea of what is going on. This entire article is going to be based on experience, first hand knowledge, and reality…..so, if you want links as to my source, do not waste your time. The internet is NOT the purveyor of truth.
Instead, this article will relate to what is and how it happens. So let us first start with geography. Benghazi is in Libya….on the coast. ( The Med…..and no, I have not been there ). So, in the scheme of things with all the action around Tripoli, what is the big deal of Benghazi? It is important for several reasons. First, it is the second largest regional city in Libya. It is a major business center and has one of the three branches of the central bank of Libya (in other words, money). The headquarters of the Arabian Gulf Oil is also located in Benghazi. This makes Benghazi a major economic center. This is important in the larger scheme of things. Secondly, and maybe the most important thing, is the population in Benghazi is mainly Arab descent compared to the Berber domination in Tripoli. The uprising originally started in Benghazi against Tripoli. The Arab population is supported by the Muslim Brotherhood, while the Berbers are almost uniquely supported by the Iranians. The survival of Assad’s Syria is singularly important because Assad is the main ally of Iran in supporting the Palestinian movement and the arming of Hezbollah. In addition, the loss of Tripoli and the Syrian support puts another enemy of Iran in the region….. The Muslim Brotherhood.

This sets the stage for Benghazi. It is important to keep in mind the actual players in this game. Having an American presence in Benghazi is contrary to Iran and Tripoli but helpful to the enemies of Syria and Iran who, in turn, are no friends of the United States. In the scheme of things, isolating Iran seems to be more important than supporting the region. So, tacit support of the rebels (Muslim Brotherhood backed) keeps the pressure on Syria, which in fact, keeps it on Iran. Now, fast forward to the attack in Benghazi. It is important to the Obama regime (did I say that?)…I meant to say the Obama administration to keep up the charade that Al Qaeda (pick whichever spelling you want, I pick this one) is on the run. Keep this in mind. There is a much bigger picture than everyone thinks.
As to the attack, the first question should be whether or not there was adequate security. The answer is obviously very clear…there was no security. The security was pulled for two reasons. (1) supposed lack of funds and (2) the pretense that there was no threat even though there were numerous reports of outside influence pouring into the town of Benghazi. Security is the responsibility….the SOLE responsibility of the Secretary of State. The Chief of Mission reports directly to the Secretary of State. All requests for additional security are made through the Chief of Mission to the Secretary of State. The Bureau of Diplomatic Security is responsible for the actual execution of the security. Under the Bureau of Diplomatic Security are what is called RSO’s…..regional security officers. RSO’s report directly to the Chief of Mission. They are also the primary contact or liaison between the contract local security and the local police forces.

The RSO’s rely on the assistance of the US military which means that there is a unified command between the diplomatic posts and the military who supply FAST units. (Fleet Anti Terrorism Teams). In addition to FAST units, there are QRF units (Quick Reaction Force) and RDF (Rapid Deployment Force). In addition to these, are Delta Force and SF Teams…as well as the vaunted Navy Seals. ALL OF WHICH WERE IN EASY REACH. The closest team was only one hour away in Tripoli and the furthest team was in Italy, a short flight across the Med. In addition, there are numerous seal teams on board of the carrier strike forces as well as an armada of support planes that could have flown CAS (close air support) missions in support of the post. The decision to not use them does not come from the “RSO’s but directly from the Secretary of State and the POTUS. The COM (Chief of Mission) issues a pre designated code word for send all assistance necessary. (For example, in Vietnam we used “broken arrow” that would be transmitted. This code word would into effect immediately and goes to the highest command, on flash traffic). This procedure is in place today with predetermined words and actions. Once this word is transmitted, all available assets within reach are to be dispatched immediately to alleviate the problem. All current missions are scrubbed and immediate attention turned to the problem area.

There are only three people that can override such a call for assistance…..the commanding general, in war situations, the Secretary of State and the POTUS in diplomatic situations.

There is no secret that the call went out. There is no secret that this was a coordinated attack with heavy weapons……including mortars. It was not a spontaneous mob as a result of some stupid film. The attack bogged down and went into the next day. There was plenty of time to respond and plenty of assets in place. There was no order. The question is why? Did the POTUS know that there was an attack ongoing? Of course he did. How is that? Because the POTUS has with him, 24/7, military aides, one of which carries the football (nuclear codes). The other is the liaison to the War Room. When ANY diplomatic mission, embassy, or post is attacked, the War Room is immediately notified. When that happens, the POTUS’ aide is immediately notified who then notifies the immediate Secret Service supervisor. In addition, the Secretary of State is also immediately notified. Everyone knew…..no one can claim they did not know. Well, that is, they can claim it but it would be a lie. The lives if the Benghazi personnel could have been saved. The reasons that they were not saved is a matter of opinion and is being debated now. It is obvious, to me, that it is politics. My intent was to point out how it works…….and why the Benghazi mission post was attacked.
The politics of it…..well, that is another subject. But…..the bottom line is…..the decision was made to let the mission post die. It did not have to.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
All of that fits with what I've been hearing and I'm glad to see you posting it. I'm disturbed by what appears to be a continung cover-up. Well, keep the pressure on, nice work.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Think the underlying message here is Obama is a secret muslim and he is covering this up.... whats funny to me is people act like this incident is so terrible, what about all the other supposed government cover-ups before this administration why don't we bring up those.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by joeym1991

Think the underlying message here is Obama is a secret muslim
I don't quite see it like that. It seems the issue is at least two-fold. Why did he prevent a rescue mission, and why did he lie about it afterwards? The idea that he could have prevented American deaths but he ordered the help to not assist is a tough one to deal with.

what about all the other supposed government cover-ups before this administration why don't we bring up those.
Fine with me, go for it. Start a thread.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Are we forgetting the pressure that this puts on Russia?

Two birds, one stone... and a bunch of radicals. How long does that last and does the US allow them to remain after Iran?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I'll answer your first question with a question....So you have proof that he himself prevented security from being sent there? To the second question I don't know exactly what he covered up. I thought he was just relaying info he got as it came in. Moreover why can't we talk about the 9/11 attacks which were possibly covered up just like benghazi key word "possibly" cover ups. Pure speculation from both of us at this point. This benghazi thing is just a stale topic.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Let not have a battle of semantics. Bottom line is you said the president is a liar.... What is the truth then?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
Let not have a battle of semantics. Bottom line is you said the president is a liar.... What is the truth then?

The chain of command in regards as to whom is informed in what order and whom is responsible was contained within the original post. What does semantics have to do with anything?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TexasChem

“For ultimately, the buck stops with me. As President, I have a solemn responsibility to protect our nation and our people. And when the system fails, it is my responsibility,” ~Obama

S&F

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

edit on 10-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: nm

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
Think the underlying message here is Obama is a secret muslim and he is covering this up.... whats funny to me is people act like this incident is so terrible, what about all the other supposed government cover-ups before this administration why don't we bring up those.

What an irrelevant fallacy! First, your bizarre attempt at humor is not humorous. Second, making light of an attack on American Embassy and the deaths of those Americans is in very poor taste. How would you feel if one of those killed were a family member of yours? Last, why do you guys always try to pass the buck on to someone else? I mean really. Jeesh. What other administrations cover-ups were you wanting to discuss? Bushs'? Really is it George Bushs' fault all over again.
You seem to be a great Herring fisherman. Red Herring that is!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
Are we forgetting the pressure that this puts on Russia?

Two birds, one stone... and a bunch of radicals. How long does that last and does the US allow them to remain after Iran?

Depends on what back room deals have been made with the Caspian Sea oil reserves between the Super P's in my opinion. We will know soon enough.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasChem

A large special operations force is located in Naval Air Station Sigonella. A quick google search shows this to be true. It is less than a 2 hour flight from Sigonella to Benghazi in an AC-130. An AC-130 uses turbo props for flight. Basically a super fast propeller. No jet engines. If turbo props can get you to Beghazi in 2 hours, how fast would a jet engine get you there?

Drones bomb Pakistan without question violating the country's sovereignity. We don't ask Pakistan's permission to do this, but we asked Libya which caused a delay in response. They do so to kill terrorists, but won't to rescue fellow Americans?

I can not find a single instance anywhere on the internet or from reading where the State Department has been given ANY authority to deal with SOCOM. To the contrary they have been rebuffed of attempts in the past. Only the Commander-in-chief and a select set of DoD officers can order around SOCOM. So who gave that stand down order?

I don't want to hear about budget cuts and all that non-sense. I want an answer to these three questions.

new topics

top topics

join