Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Do you love and give your blessings to Satan? (Jesus/Bible says you should)...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Most Christians see Satan as an enemy. Most Christians do not seem to have any type of love for Satan at all. Jesus says that you should love your enemy. Even more, Jesus says that you should bless your enemy and do good to your enemy - even your worse enemy who will use you and persecute you.

Matthew 5:43-48
King James Version (KJV)
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Jesus tells his follows to resist not evil, but many Christians seem to be "fighting" against what they believe to be "evil". Many Christians seem to fight against many things calling it the work of the devil. I'm not sure if I know of a single Christian who will "resist evil" and "turn the other cheek" to evil and let evil does what it wants.

Matthew 5:38-40
King James Version (KJV)
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

By the way , the reason why I quoted a few verses rather than just "one" verse which makes the point, I decided to put in extra verses so that people can see the context. Even without context "resist not evil" and "love your enemy" are VERY SPECIFIC commandments.

What do you think of all of this?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
All are one. What you do to others, you do to yourself.

Unity can be approached in two ways.

All are one- I am all that is as all that is is and should therefore let all live freely. This approach transforms the ego into a representation of the universe.

All are one- I am all that is as my ego and should therefore control. This approach transforms the universe into a representation of your ego.

Both are valid approaches consistent with the law of one.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The US should not be at war all the time?? I think im right when i say 86% Americans believe in god, and the bible but quite happily bare arms to kill and maim and kill people they have never met before lol

I dont get it? One of the most religious countries on the planet, and the most war hungry...how does that work? Does that mean the majority of christians are bad christians destined to hell for eternity? Or can they just say, oops sorry, and be forgiven?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

You are mistaking those that say they believe in god yet adhere to no obligations, for those who believe in god and utilize faith. The number who exercise faith is drastically smaller.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
The US should not be at war all the time?? I think im right when i say 86% Americans believe in god, and the bible but quite happily bare arms to kill and maim and kill people they have never met before lol

I dont get it? One of the most religious countries on the planet, and the most war hungry...how does that work? Does that mean the majority of christians are bad christians destined to hell for eternity? Or can they just say, oops sorry, and be forgiven?

First of all, most Christians in the US only use Jesus as a "get out of jail free" card. And secondly the Bible is always contradicting itself. One page it says "peace, love, and harmony" the next page it says "kill kill kill", and so people just use to support whatever they feel like doing, whether it's feeding the poor or borning little girls as witches. Religion really is man made, whether it is divinely inspired or not. A good person used religion for good, and a bad person uses it for evil.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We are not to hate the puppets, but the puppet masters.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Even goats believe in god. In fact most of them believe they are part of it's sheep flock. In time maybe they will be. But close no cigar for many I think. From my point of view Hell is being in a place where you feel disconnected and lonely since you do not fit in on that level of being. Earth is clearly hell for me but with support I can walk thru hell with a smile most times.

And do not get me started on The Paulites (what protestants and catholic "christians" believe). There are some true Christians who are like Jesus but they are far between from my point of view. I hope they get something soon.

But I am probably more negative than I should be. Lets hope the harvest is good and many souls come home.
edit on 10-5-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kreyvic

Originally posted by Kreyvic
reply to post by arpgme

We are not to hate the puppets, but the puppet masters.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

You are to "hate" the puppet masters. This is a contradiction to what Jesus said in the verses above.

Jesus said love all (enemy and non-enemy) just as the sun shares its light with the good AND the evil, and the rain is for the good AND the evil.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My watch is wrong. It's 3 past the hour.

I can set my watch to the frequency of religion praise threads around here.

Why this is ATS, if you don't like religion, wh.. wait, wrong call out.. hrumph.. who'd be an atheist...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes no point hating the puppet on the string. Its amazing however that in most instances we do, because the information we are exposed to makes us form a view. for example when we think of communism we think of the evil China, but who is the the evil. Is it the average citizen? Is it the political regime in power.

Personaly i dont hate anyone because i realise humans are a mixed up to a point that, some have gone insane and are trying to control, and use subterfuge to achieve goals which are totally about serving their own fantasies of power.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Jesus said to love the enemy, so whether it be the puppet or puppet-master, from Jesus's point of view ALL are to be loved and evil is not to be resisted.

I know most Christians will not agree with this, but this is what is in the bible.

It is interesting how another person quoted me another verse saying to "hate" when this verse ("love your enemy") clearly says not to hate anyone (at all).

Are there any Christians that actually follow this rule or not?

Do any Christians love Satan and bless him as they are told to do so by Jesus Christ himself in the bible? (Love thy enemy, resist not evil, bless those who curse you...)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Also might want to add Ephesians 6:12,

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It is interesting how another person quoted me another verse saying to "hate" when this verse ("love your enemy")

Consider for a moment that the term "love" used in the bible has different meaning to what we conventionally perceive love as being the form of expression of heart.

Love may mean obey. The bible may be filled with words encoded with a different meaning. The reasons why this may of been done is anyones guess.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

I've already responded to this. It is a contradiction.

reply to post by AthlonSavage

Saying "Love" means "Obedience" is a twisted view of love. By definition love only means affection and compassion.

Anyway, regardless of what anyone says. The fact still remains that Jesus says "love your neighbors AND your enemies" and it does not seem like Christians love Satan.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

By definition love only means affection and compassion.

Affection can be masked as lust, hungry eyes, eagerness of giving.
Compassion masked, as sorrow and pity towards a person you see as worse off (inferior)

What does love really mean at end of the day. Humans need to understand this before even attempting to read the bible.

I think a person who can truely understand the bible in the way it was intended to be understood is enlightened.

edit on 10-5-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Arpgme, you make comments about the bible that you think is absolutely true. What is the intent of your inqury? I will see if I can respond to your questions as best as I can.

Most Christians do not seem to have any type of love for Satan at all. Jesus says that you should love your enemy.

Here you make a presupossion that Jesus is talking about Satan. In fact, he is talking about human beings. God loves all humankind and wishes, through the sacrifice on the cross, that all come to him. Turning the other cheek is basically meaning to not retalliate against your enemy. We are to seek every man's highest good -- that is to love him that he might be saved. On the other hand, Satan's eternity has been sealed, there is not anything that man can do or should do to change that. We are told that Satan has gone forth with great wrath because he knows that he has but a short time (Revelation 12:12). Jesus tells us that he has prepared a lake of fire for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41).

Jesus tells his follows to resist not evil, but many Christians seem to be "fighting" against what they believe to be "evil".

Where does it say we shold not resist evil? In fact, our attitude towards Satan should be to resist him. God said, "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). We are to be on guard and watchful because Satan is our enemy trying to devour us (1 Peter 5:8).

We are not instructed in the inspired scripture to love Satan, but to overcome him. The only way we can do this is to fill our hearts with the word of God (1 John 2:14). Jesus is our example; Satan threw everything he had at Jesus, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, and each time Jesus would answer, "It is written." He defeated Satan with the word of God, and He did not try to convert him (Matthew 4:1-11) because Satan's eternity in the lake of fire had already been sealed.

The fact of the matter is, to "love thine enemy" does not mean to allow evil to flurish, or the inoccent to be persecuted. One can still love someone to get the redemption of Chirst, but still allow justice to be satisfied. I think what you are getting from Matthew 5:43-48, is that Christians are to be pacified and not stand against evil, to not defend the weak, or to not defend one's self. That is not the point of the passage. What it says is we are not to be vengefull, we should have mercy our your enemy when they are defeted. Just because God loves us, does not mean He will not judge us.

So back to my original question. What is your intent for the OP. I hope it is not to discredit or place stumbling blocks. Or, to offend believers to say, "You shold love Satan, Jesus says so." Perhapes your were attempting to unvail a perceived hypocrisy in a convoluted way. If that is the case, I will pray for you. Not becuse you want it, but because you need it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What kind of jacked up troll thread is this??

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Most Christians see Satan as an enemy. Most Christians do not seem to have any type of love for Satan at all.

The one not spoken of serves a purpose and he is doing his task as set forth by Father. From a human perspective, he is the enemy per se. But, in the greater good, it is for others to learn.

Many Christians seem to fight against many things calling it the work of the devil.

Father controls all, too many give the one not spoken of too much credit.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hate, in the traditional sense, denotes fear. Love denotes looking out for the best interests of the other. Even God releases Satan from the abyss after the 1000 years of peace. Satan had 6 days to reign as a way of allowing repentance. He is then cast down and locked up for 1 day. After the 7 days are complete, there is a jubilee where captives are set free, including Satan. God is allowing 70 generations of time for the fallen to repent in the water under the cloud of inconscious. The reason for our amnesia is so that the wool is pulled over our eyes as God tries to help us rise back to Him. The same holds true for all of creation, including Satan. Although this is a great mystery for us, there is NO mystery to how we rise back to the Father. We must love others, but this does not imply loving their actions or condoning what they do when those actions deny the dignity and quality of life of others.

As the Bible shows, even God is suffering with the hope that many will turn back to him.

Enoch One

And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the
destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the
day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is
13 for ever and ever is consummated.

A consummation is a marriage, or joining together. Right now, we are joined to the soulish animal flesh. Salvation from this state comes by our virtues and repentance, but ultimately by the work of Christ on the Cross. Mercy and Grace are the key. We cannot do it alone. Equally, the seventy generations in the valleys of the Earth is the sentence for those who are fallen. A generation is one tick of the Earth's precession. The precession is 25920 years. Divide by 360 and you get 72 years. Multiply 72 * 70 and you get 5040. Enoch was taken around 950 after Adam. In total, that's 6000 years.

In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and
14 to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned
and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all
15 generations. And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because
16 they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to
an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of
righteousness and truth shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.

In Genesis 6, God said this:

6 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

From the book of Jubilees, we find that a jubilee is (7X7)+1, or 50 years. Multiply 50 X 120 and you get 6000 years. We are currently at the event horizon of this countdown. The calendar for this was left in stone by civilizations of the past in the form of long count calendars of 5125.25 years. December 21, 2012 is 2012.9. If you travel 33 degrees on the ocean, this is 2012.9 nautical miles. We are there now. God is just about to send Satan to the abyss for 1000 years.

The most loving thing God can do is remain long-suffering with those who are fallen. We must do the same.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

Originally posted by Siberbat

Arpgme, you make comments about the bible that you think is absolutely true. What is the intent of your inqury? I will see if I can respond to your questions as best as I can.

No, I just make a quote of what was there.

Here you make a presupossion that Jesus is talking about Satan. In fact, he is talking about human beings.

Jesus is talking about "enemies", no where does it say "human" or "non-human" enemies. You added that in there.

Where does it say we shold not resist evil?

Did you even read the original post? If you would would has seen that the verse Matthew 5:39 in the original post which says resist not evil.

The fact of the matter is, to "love thine enemy" does not mean to allow evil to flurish, or the inoccent to be persecuted.

Jesus said resist not evil. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other cheek to him also.

So back to my original question. What is your intent for the OP. I hope it is not to discredit or place stumbling blocks. Or, to offend believers to say, "You shold love Satan, Jesus says so." Perhapes your were attempting to unvail a perceived hypocrisy in a convoluted way. If that is the case, I will pray for you. Not becuse you want it, but because you need it.

I do not want to be prayed for. It is my body - my soul - and my freewill. Do you respect that? You claim God has given free-will and not you wish to pray to control others.

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by arpgme

What kind of jacked up troll thread is this??

I am not "trolling". I am seriously asking. Just because you don't like to think about it doesn't mean I am a troll when I bring it up.

reply to post by jhill76

Originally posted by jhill76
Father controls all, too many give the one not spoken of too much credit.

Then free-will does not exist and no one is responsible for their actions.

reply to post by EnochWasRight

The most loving thing God can do is remain long-suffering with those who are fallen. We must do the same.

God doesn't claim to be "loving". God claims to be the essence of love itself in John ("God is Love"), however Love can hate (be wrathful, destroy)? It is clearly another contradiction.

This is like claiming to be fire while claiming you are wet like water and can wash away things.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join