Malcolm Shabazz Dead: Grandson Of Malcolm X Killed In Mexico

page: 1

join

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Malcolm Shabazz Dead: Grandson Of Malcolm X Killed In Mexico

www.huffingtonpost.com

Malcolm Shabazz, the grandson of civil rights icon Malcolm X, has been killed in Mexico according to The Amsterdam News. He was 28.

Shabazz's death was also confirmed on Twitter and Facebook by Terrie Williams, a friend of the Shabazz family.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Of all of the years of evidence of harrassment against the Shabazz family, it is more believable with his newfound notoriety and speaking engagements talking about the raw truth of the hunting of black men and other American politics ESPECIALLY being critical of the POTUS on a newscast in Iran to believe anything else than the government not only killing him but slandering FURTHER the legacy of Malcolm X.

This is not your everyday black kid growing up in a single home. He had to deal with his mom, haunted by images of her father's death. He's biracial. He was in a broken home and bounced back and forth in between his mother's addictions, based on seeing her father killed and Farrakhan being one of the murderers. Couple that with every 3 letter government agency stalking and listening to every #ing word. Then throw that incident in where his mom's alleged live in boyfriend was a FBI plant and they set her up on the Farrakhan assassination. Then throw in he wants to be with his mom and sets fire to granny's house.

And then on top of it all he's Malcolm X's namesake. As my dad would ever say, if he ever could think he would be dangerous. Well...I'm not thinking this government would take a chance on him.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
From your source:

Shabazz is the son of Qubilah Shabazz, who was the second daughter of Malcolm X and Betty Shabazz. In his youth, he set a fire that caused the death of his grandmother. For that crime, he plead guilty to manslaughter, was found guilty of arson, and was sentenced to 18 months in a juvenile detention facility.

Shabazz continued to have trouble with the law throughout his life, The New York Times reported. He plead guilty to attempted robbery in 2002 and was sentenced to three and a half years in prison. Just months after his release in 2006, he was arrested again, this time for punching a hole in a store _

He didn't need the government to go after him. This Mexico business seems to arise from a robbery attempt, but nobody knows for sure yet.

I'm curious, did he punch a hole in a store window in an attempt to get something that was inside?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I read something recently avout the reason generations of families were put away in North Korean concentration camps was because it was thought that political dissidence ran in ramilies, and not just by belieth, almost genetically to be pre disposed to not follow authority and to fight for freedom..............
Something about that resonates with me in terms is all of Malcom X's family......they almost carry that curse, that has also been a sacufixe for what they believed in, as well.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

First of all, psychological pre-disposition to a certain set of behavioral patterns is generally learned in youth, a response to stimuli in ones formative years. Also, it is not accurate to say that two siblings exposed to the same stimuli will learn the same behaviour from them. Nor is it true to say that one generation of a family will have similar political attitudes to the one previous, or indeed the one before that.

For instance, say a mother and father are politically active. Working toward the goals set by the political organisation to which they belong, will keep them from being as active in thier childrens lives as they might have wished. This can result in some deep differences coming to the fore, between the adults that the children will become, and thier parents. On the other hand, such things can result in the opposite, clingy behaviour bought on by abandoment issues. Further to that, the children might come up with coping mechanisms which produce any number of responses between those two positions, including a respect for, but a total seperation from, thier parents political ambitions and ideals.

Cause and effect are not always as simple as one would like them to be. In this case, it appears that Shabazz the younger, was effected deeply, not by his forebares desires for political change, or thier activism, but by the brutal response to it, the interferance of authorities in his life, and that of his family as a whole. In all likelihood, it is these factors which informed his particular attitudes toward government and law enforcement, and caused him to act out in the manner to which he was evidently accustomed.

If he had been adopted and had never known his link to his family, it is highly probable that he would have developed a different series of behaviours, linked to his new life. Perhaps they would have been positive, or perhaps they also would have been generally negative, and lead to a similar fate to the one he has apparantly fallen victim to. No one can really say. All one can say, is that only the very rarest of psychological conditions pass from elder to younger. Most are a result of input in childhood, rather than pre-established genetic influence on ones behaviour.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
From your source:

Shabazz is the son of Qubilah Shabazz, who was the second daughter of Malcolm X and Betty Shabazz. In his youth, he set a fire that caused the death of his grandmother. For that crime, he plead guilty to manslaughter, was found guilty of arson, and was sentenced to 18 months in a juvenile detention facility.

Shabazz continued to have trouble with the law throughout his life, The New York Times reported. He plead guilty to attempted robbery in 2002 and was sentenced to three and a half years in prison. Just months after his release in 2006, he was arrested again, this time for punching a hole in a store _
*Yeah not many people can claim to have burned their grandmother to death and then preach of the problems with society,huh?Good riddance.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
RIP. My heart goes out to his mother and daughters.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Agreed, wholeheartedly. Perhaps you misunderstood my post. It was about the ridiculousness of such practices, and the justification for imprisoning certain people for their family's history based on anything like genetics.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

“He was murdered. He was in Mexico City and I believe they attempted to rob him and he didn't allow it, so they beat him to death and he died on his way to the hospital,” Juan Ruiz, a member of the California-based labor organization Rumec, told TPM. “This is all I can confirm, everything else is under investigation for the meantime.”

And yet....

Poetic justice, don't you think? A robber killed while being robbed himself. Sometimes, things just click.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think this guy wasn't a good guy by any stretch and that it's sad that Malcolm X's progeny haven't done more with his legacy, some things can destroy a family for generations to come. I hope the rest of them can find some peace of mind and heal.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join