It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video; Obama, responsible for Benghazi, case closed.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DistantRumor

Originally posted by Pladuim
No, what I'm saying is that they purportedly mislead everyone, the entire world by blaming the attacks on the video. Question is, why did they do that? Was it for political reasons?

Pladuim

BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THE CIA TOLD THEM.

Holy crap...talk about going around in circles.

I know! Did you read this?

www.policymic.com...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It certainly came from State, if not Clinton. It looks bad on both Clinton and Obama because they are at the top of the pyramid -- the changes didn't necessarily come from the top, but certainly from much nearer the top than the bottom. How much fault for that lies at the very top everyone is going to have a differing opinion on, and that's understandable to me.

Having said that, it shouldn't have taken more than a day or two for the top to figure out something wasn't right in the narrative when Rice was making the Sunday circuit. And instead of addressing it then (potentially embarrassing during the election because Republicans would have spinned it as incompetence), they just rolled with it and hoped that noone would notice the bluff. Which is tarnishing, but not critical. The issue still should have been addressed much sooner than now, reluctantly. Someone should have been made to fall on their sword months ago.

Instead the administration continues to act like it has something to hide. That's not encouraging. The alternative is that the editing did come from the top and those people should be accountable.

And I'm just prognosticating here (so feel free to ignore this bit), but I imagine that the decision to stick with the lie was because there were so many poor command decisions made concerning the rescue attempts (or none as it were) and the months of ignored prior security concerns. It's easier to make that (which would absolutely be embarrassing) damning bit remain unnoticed by sticking to the original story no matter who authored it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

From the link:

"Fox News and CNN both have both released stories earlier confirming that David Petraeus will state in no uncertain terms that both he and the CIA knew that the assault on the American consulate in Benghazi, immediately after it happened, was a terrorist attack linked to al-Qaeda, and not the random act of violence in response to a YouTube video that the Obama administration initially said it was."

<< 6  7  8   >>

join