It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon scrubs 3D gun plans from Internet, says designer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by fairguy

Okay, so prove me wrong.

Or just continue to state that you are actually informed.

I think I know which will happen.

Neither will happen actually. I shall leave you in your perfect world in which "guns don't kill people".

Have a nice weekend.

So, nothing in the form of your "informed facts" then??
That is what i thought.

I have yet to see a gun, on it's own, do anything but sit there.

But.....

edit on 10-5-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Yup. Most have blinders on no doubt. Otherwise we'd all be libertarians.

That is now one of my favorite quotes.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I think that a homemade single shot pistol would be a poor choice for mass muder, in fact a knife would make "mass-slaughter" much easier.

Careful it sounds like you just came up with a good argument for gun control by way of limiting all guns that are not single shot

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by g146541

I think that a homemade single shot pistol would be a poor choice for mass muder, in fact a knife would make "mass-slaughter" much easier.

Careful it sounds like you just came up with a good argument for gun control by way of limiting all guns that are not single shot

It has already been thought of by the Anti-Gun Rights crowd. Nothing new.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

there are plenty of plans and youtube vids and websites that show you how to make super cheap, safe, homemade guns that works just fine and can be made in hours with household tools and parts you can buy at walmart.

I honestly didn't know this, but I am not shocked.

I'm just glad I'm not some murderous-minded psychopath with ideas of mass-slaughter and go looking for these plans now I know they exist

Careful, you Brits may start to print up PVC knives!!!

(Edit) BTW, I love your avatar!

edit on 10-5-2013 by g146541 because: doggies rock!!

A homemade, single-shot pistol can lead to homemade bazookas and possibly worse (or better, if I was a psychopath, which I'm not
).

Lol glad you like the av, was my dog Cassie, my son dressed her up a while back and took this pic lol. Sadly passed (R.I.P. Cass girl, miss you so much).

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
cubify.com... -This one is for $1200
Office Depot sells them now (I have heard.)

I didn't know that, probably .gov will have you psychoanalyzed before you can pick that up starting in 2014

Nauseious

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

reply to post by fairguy

Okay, so prove me wrong.

Or just continue to state that you are actually informed.

I think I know which will happen.

Neither will happen actually. I shall leave you in your perfect world in which "guns don't kill people".

Have a nice weekend.

So, nothing in the form of your "informed facts" then??
That is what i thought.

I have yet to see a gun, on it's own, do anything but sit there.

But.....

edit on 10-5-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

This is awesome here

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

www.justice.gov...

Does that plastic gun that is being manufactured have a serial number? I see a lot of rules that could apply in Federal laws.

What about State laws. Every person lives in a State. Sure, maybe your state doesn't have laws

www.legislature.mi.gov...:

Lots of communities also have ordinances on use of guns and there is a law in michigan that states that it is illegal to discharge a firearm within five hundred feet of a residence unless certain conditions apply.

I own two handguns legally, I know the laws I am supposed to follow and follow them. If I want to buy another handgun I most likely could. If I wanted a concealed weapons permit I could probably get one if I took the required training and applied. I have belonged to a gun club for many years also. What kind of joker are you, thinking there are no laws on the books on gun ownership. A person can presently own a gun if they are not a threat to society. I don't need to know every single loophole in the law.

Sensible people should be able to legally own guns if they want to, criminals or people who are a little off should be restricted from buying them. A sensible and responsible person does not go into a school and shoot kids, a sensible and responsible person does not banish a firearm in public. I am not one who believes we should scare our fellow citizens by carrying an exposed firearm in town either, if you want to carry a pistol in town, get a concealed weapons permit in your state.

edit on 10-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

We don't need kids getting access to guns that could blow up in their faces.

How many kids have access to a $10K 3D printer? I don't think this is a real worry.

For the terrorist on the go needing to get guns on airplanes though, while carrying any metal components in a ball point pen, on the other hand.....

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

How many kids have access to a $10K 3D printer? I don't think this is a real worry

At the moment some printers are $10K but the prices are coming down all the time. You can get some 3d printers out there for $1000 now. Its only a matter of time before every home has one. If they dont get highly restricted first.

edit on 10-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I could afford to own a 3D printer, I wouldn't want my grandchildren printing a gun when I was talking to my relatives at Christmas dinner. It's not so simple of a problem.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Whether or not the individual could afford one is kind of moot. Or even whether or not you would allow your kids to have one.

"Hacker Spaces" are en vogue right now and every urban library is seeking to establish one.

If they get their way your kid or anyone will be able to spend some time at the public library making parts here and there for the cost of the materials and if current librarians fumbling with Kindles is any indication there will be virtually no oversight whatsoever as the user of the printer will be the most knowledgeable one in the room and the librarian will just look dumbfounded and lost.

Libraries create "Hacker Spaces"

They are also popping up on university campuses, high school shops and privately owned much like the old internet cafe's of the 90's.

Liberty is inevitable. Unfortunately the dinosaur that is American authoritarianism will be lashing out and thrashing about for a number of years trying desperately to gain some control and a lot of people are going to get royally screwed over by an angry and stupid government god while we claw and crawl to the inevitable.

Chains always rust.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I just downloaded multiple copies of it. I don't have access to a 3D Printer, but I will hold onto this file forever, just because they said we didn't need it. Go get your Liberator Pistol now!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I tried to find out how much the ink would approximately cost to print a gun. I couldn't find anything. With the price of ink I am guessing in the neighborhood of a hundred bucks but I really have no clue. Anyone ever find anything about the cost out there anywhere?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

That thing is ugly.
Why would anyone want something that looks like that.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The Liberator costs around $5 USD to make out of ABS plastic, once you have the printer.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't think the one available at Office Depot uses the special heat resistant ABS, this is the key.

so it really doesn't matter if everyone has a 3D printer, the key to making a usable weapon is the heat resistant ABS.

My guess is that this heat resistant ABS will be soon classified like bullets and guns

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Its not about looks. This could be the thing that decides if you live or die if someone comes into your home. This is not meant to be a deadly weapon, but a defensive weapon. Why would I want this? Because The Government just told me I couldn't have it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

That seems strangely cheap. It seems it cost more than five bucks to print five pages of photos on a printer.

You want something just because the government says you can't have it? How strange. I like my Desert Eagle and the government says I can have it.
edit on 10-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
I don't think the one available at Office Depot uses the special heat resistant ABS, this is the key.

so it really doesn't matter if everyone has a 3D printer, the key to making a usable weapon is the heat resistant ABS.

My guess is that this heat resistant ABS will be soon classified like bullets and guns

Ill bet you it wont be long before we hear of people trying to make them with non heat resistant ABS and failing, probably hurting themselves. Of course there's going to be many people trying to modify the design now as well.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join