It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon scrubs 3D gun plans from Internet, says designer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by adjensen

I downloaded everything they had a coupe of weeks ago.
The genie is out of the bottle, they can't put it back in.

Hope you were smart enough to be using a VPN or Seedbox.

You are correct, the genie is out and there is no putting it back in- But the genie is also being heavily tracked and monitored.

Actually, I don't think that one need worry -- if they're out of the United States, the DoD has no jurisdiction, and if they're inside the United States, it isn't illegal to have these plans (at least not at this point,) it is illegal to export them, which is what the take down order was in regards to.

There's no law against making your own firearms, so long as you make them for personal use, not as a business, and so long as the weapon doesn't violate existing laws (not fully automatic, can be detected with a metal detector, etc.) you shouldn't have a problem.

Sure, dont get me wrong.

I am not saying the plans are illegal, nor making any 'moral' statement.

These ARE being tracked. Right now the DOD is actually seeding the files from TPB and getting all IP information. legal or not- Its happening...

This is a total information gathering situation- This happens with legal books as well (like the anarchist cookbook, poor man James bond, etc...) and is likely to at least get you on a watch list for potential blah blah...

And if you seed the file back to another nation this COULD be construed as Arms Trafficking (not that I am saying this is fair, or right- I am not- I am just saying there is a potential here.)

Anyone downloading and seeding this/these files absent of a VPN is asking for trouble or at the very least to get "noticed".

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus
reply to post by fairguy

and having grown up in harlem in the 70's
we grew up having to deal with much more than "bats and shizzz"

edit on 10-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

And who's fault is that now for defending the right to bear arms... Hmm? Think about it now this is a big one...

Thanks for playing the internet and better luck next time.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I did read that but if you think servers not hosted in the US are not open season then...well...ok.

My point is simply why this one.Let's think folks. It is another way for the government to say that there needs to be more controls on the internet...and with guns....and for ammo...well, i hope you get the point.

edit on 11-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I did read that but if you think servers not hosted in the US are not open season then...well...ok.

My point is simply why this one.Let's think folks. It is another way for the government to say that there needs to be more controls on the internet...and with guns....and for ammo...well, i hope you get the point.

BINGO-

Not saying that this was a "plan" from the start- I am saying they are going to use the hell out of this to thwart privacy issues and internet use... Its brilliant too-

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
And if you seed the file back to another nation this COULD be construed as Arms Trafficking (not that I am saying this is fair, or right- I am not- I am just saying there is a potential here.)

Yes, that's true -- I hadn't thought of it in terms of seeding, rather in terms of having downloaded it alone. If a person is seeding a torrent, they are likely in violation of export laws if any downloader is non-US.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

They are also trying to pass a law to tax the internet. This is called the Marketplace Fairness Act. This requires taxing of goods. It is not just about taxes...

The bill undermines States sovereignty by giving states the ability to level taxes beyond their own borders; that the bill damages consumer privacy by forcing retailers to turn over customer data to state governments; that the bill hurts healthy tax competition between states; and that the bill faces legal issues regarding due process

Turning over data? Then the states will be required to turn it over and if not, there are lots of ways to penalize till they do. Take away federal funds, etc.. another way to track All guns sales, etc, will be able to be monitored now. Wake up peeps!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

reply to post by fairguy

And who's fault is that now for defending the right to bear arms... Hmm? Think about it now this is a big one...

if you need it explained to you...

you will never understand

as your "sanity' is of the incurable kind

your desire to see others disarmed and defenseless is certainly not for non violent purposes:

Fights on ATS

Can anyone link me to some good ones, I'm quite new

My favorite thread so far - FUTUREGUY -

indeed PhysicsAdept has you pegged to a tee
along with an interesting revelation...

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
I am beginning to think that the point of this thread has been fulfilled. This person wanted conflict, look what happened to this thread...

Also, does no one else find it funny that the OP's avatar is pointing a gun to whoever is looking?

edit on 9-12-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

I couldn't help it, he's my favoritest superhero

AAAAAWWWWWW!!!!, those bad Mods, they took your avy's guns away!!!!!

and have reduced you to -39 points
O.T.I.O.

Cause when they finally put you in the ground...
They'll stand there laughing and tramp the dirt down.
"what a Maroon!" they'll chortle as they move on to the next hole
of yet another useless tool,
of yet another recipient of the dole

edit on 11-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added emphasis too: Also, does no one else find it funny that the OP's avatar is pointing a gun to whoever is looking?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
With the scrubbing of the 3d printing plans from the internet. Just wait 30 days for ..

Anarchists 3d cook book.

Jolly 3D Roger handbook.

Todays kids stuff they look up in the library.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
reply to post by SQUEALER

Actually no squealer that was not the intent of the founding fathers and you damn well know it!

this is spelled out EXPLICITLY in their supplemental writings such as the federalist papers etc...

Beyond that if you actually knew any history you'd understand why that argument holds NO water whatsoever!

It is a commonly known fact that used to be taught in most junior high US history text books that a large part of the Colonial's victory over the British army was due to their SUPERIOR firearms technology!

So again... please if you are going to attempt to justify stealing the second amendment from the american people at least either be downright blatant about it and say you think it was a bad idea to start with or come up with a historical justification that actually holds some water... (which you can't do btw... this is why anti gunners attempt the 2nd amendment only applies to national guard or smoothbore muskets argument... both of which are patently false and historically completely unjustifiable!)

Now you see, it is obvious that the men who wrote the constitution did mean "arms" to refer to the arms they knew about back then.

However, if you'd like to re-interpret the constitution to say those men were forward looking, and intended "arms" to mean any kind of arms that might be invented in the future also, then there's a huge problem with that interpretation.

The problem is, once we move away from the arms at the time of the constitution signing, to all arms of the future, we now must allow persons who want to, to store "nuclear arms" at home for their defense also. Someone might decide they want to put a "Star wars defense system" on top their roof, to protect against possible wacko North Korean missile launches that might slip through the governments safety net, and why not?

Where do you draw the line on what arms should be allowed and what arms not?

Are there any limits to the word "arms" as mentioned in the constitution, in your view?

Or, do you see "arms" as indicating any method of defense, whatever it might be, regardless of type of arms, or nature of the weapon system?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

your desire to see others disarmed and defenseless is certainly not for non violent purposes:

Fights on ATS

I am beginning to think that the point of this thread has been fulfilled. This person wanted conflict, look what happened to this thread...

Also, does no one else find it funny that the OP's avatar is pointing a gun to whoever is looking?

O.T.I.O.

edit on 11-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added emphasis too: Also, does no one else find it funny that the OP's avatar is pointing a gun to whoever is looking?

I shouldn't even reply to this as you tried to make it practically impossible by putting nothing in no kind of order.. But since you insist....

#1. Who doesn't like to read a good troll now and then? At least I had the balls to ask. You must admit... This site is quite full (Fool?) of them. Also that was over a year ago, did you really look back at all my posts just to come up with that???

#2. In what way, shape, or manner does a cartoon avatar of a cartoon superhero with a cartoon gun in any way depict any kind of REAL, ACTUAL harm? Hmm... It doesn't...

#3. I changed my avatar by myself. Shock horror!

#4. Don't you have a favourite superhero?
Bruce Willis and his never ending arsenal of weaponry excluded.

And last but not least.

#5. Those are the lyrics from an Elvis Costello song called Tramp The Dirt, about the death of one Margaret thatcher. (Who by the way died of natural causes)

I think that's about all...

What is that even supposed to mean?

Peace.
edit on 12-5-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

Fights on ATS

O.T.I.O.

Honestly it looks to me like you were trawling through just about every activity I have ever made on this site in a vain attempt to try and make me look stupid. Well that went well didn't it.

Better luck next time on... The Internet!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Great. Progressive revisionist drivel.

Thanks for the history re-write.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Says the person that claims to have all of this knowledge of US firearms laws and statistics, yet refuses to discuss it or even divulge the knowledge.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Macman it seems to me the one you are responding to is just out to cause trouble and get threads shut down. Reason why? because all guns are evil to its point of view. Unless they are in the hands of people it would approve of.

Now back on topic. WHy do people automatically think that just because it can be made that way its going to be mis used? it has enough metal in it to be detected in a airport. the firing pin is metal as well.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by macman

Macman it seems to me the one you are responding to is just out to cause trouble and get threads shut down. Reason why? because all guns are evil to its point of view. Unless they are in the hands of people it would approve of.

Now back on topic. WHy do people automatically think that just because it can be made that way its going to be mis used? it has enough metal in it to be detected in a airport. the firing pin is metal as well.

Because EVERYTHING is misused , always. bar none.

Even a damn Pressure Cooker is misused.

Alcoholics have drank rubbing alcohol to get a buzz.

When I was a kid we misused Toilet Bowl Cleaner to make "pop bottle bombs" until one kid had his hand blown almost off.

-Because we are Human and misuse everything.

That said, I KNOW it will be "misused" - The same way I know if we had Firearm dispensers throughout the city it too would be misused.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by macman

As I understand it, the extraneous metal that makes it detectable is a superfluous piece that is specced to be made of metal, simply so that it can be detected by a metal detector. If that's the case, it could similarly be made of plastic. That leaves the firing pin, which I suspect is too small to be detected, unless the sensitivity of the detector is set so high that the zipper in your jeans or the eyelets on your shoes would set it off.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Can someone generate a stormtrooper armor for me out of ABS with their 3D printer. I go 350.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

So because we mis use everything what shall we do? stop doing anything? that sclearly not a option for us to do. If we always worry about the possible outcomes we miss the certain ones. People always find a way to mess up.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join