It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils new "stealth" attack drone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimosabi
Hopefully the defense pact with Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Jordan, UAE, and Israel will be enough to balance the power in that region.

Turkey is nato. "Enough" is an understatement...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by lucidclouds
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I understand it. It's just horrible reasoning.

No its not. When a new piece of tech is released to the market, its expected from the competition to grab it, and improve over it so the new product to be released is an improvement (or an evolution) over the last one. You dont steal your competition's tech, and start from scratch and then release some pos thats even worse than whats already out. No. You start from your competitor's tech and either you emulate it or you make your way up and improve over it.

Do you copy?

1st off this tech isn't over 100 years old, like cars, which you were comparing them to, it's still quite early.

2nd these are not iphones that come out for everyone to have and other companies to emulate. That isn't how this works.

You're comparing a country that is creating a weapon, to companies that compete to make a new product. There is a difference. I would think that in Iran's opinion it's better to have drones, even if they are not the top of the line, than to have none. As far as I know they are not trying to sell these off to make a profit and please share holders.

Copy?
edit on 13-5-2013 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

1st. It was used as an example. If you can grasp the concept thats ok. The person in question did, and thats all I really care about - I was talking to him, not you, therefore mission accomplished.

2nd. You're wrong. It is how it works. It is how everything works.

3rd. You really think that pos you have on that photo is really the top uav Iran can come up with taking into account the brains and funds they have, not to mention the tech they have access to? They're not "starting". No one's starting. If I decide to create my own version of an UAV today, not even I'm starting anything let alone Iran. Only if you're the pioneer of a particular tech or industry you can say you're "starting" something, all the rest are just improving on current designs and techs.

And btw... you say that Iran has no one to sell the tech? Damn if only you knew how wrong you are. They have clients for all sorts of tech they develop, or you think those 110s just fly off the shelves for free? Were they free to develop? Of course they dont have an umbrella corp like the US but they do have their locals... picture... mcdonalds vs littletom's burger's that has 3 or 4 restaurants. While mcdonalds has the whole world, well littletom's burgers does have enough local faithful customers in nearby neighborhoods to keep themselves well up and running and mcdonalds is not a threat because littletom's has no plans to go global.

You're so way off... especially if you believe that picture.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
all the haters here are forgetting that not everything has to cost a arm and leg to kill you.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Cat is out of the bag now. Same thing happened in WWI, everyone thought the german U-boat was a novelty item until it started sinking their merchant vessels and the world woke up that day. Same principle here. Any nation with a little money can make attack drones. You can make an attack drone out of a remote control car, it just takes a little ingenuity. Weapons of war are a two-edged sword, because there's always a black market dealer out there just waiting to sell them, or the schematics to make them. Monkey-see, monkey-do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join