It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils new "stealth" attack drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by spy66

I would find it a lot more credible if there were sources other than Godlikeproductions and an anti-Israel blog. As for if I would have believed it or not, how do you know what I would believe or not?

It dosent matter to me what you believe. I am not dependent on your information or you belief.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's probably stealth for the same reasons the RAF Mosquito couldn't be picked up easily on German radar in WWII. It's likely the airframe is 90% wood. Simple stupid technology, but hey whatever works. Don't knock it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, I think it's scarey myself. I would hate to be run over by that trailer.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
entire thread talking about the wrong drone

only a few people mentioned the fact that the drone in the OP picture is not the stealthy drone codenamed 'epic'

fail!!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
it has a prop and it's a stealth drone....good stuff indeed...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

could those be the pictures they used when the flew it in to their base? wondering if it still works...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looks stealthy enough and hefty enough to plant into the side of a super-tanker. An explosion like that won't leave much evidence behind. These are the Iranians. They know what they have to do to match up to the US Navy in the gulf. Yeah, it looks pretty silly for sending up against warship. But fly it right in the middle of the night and plant it into a supertanker hooked up to a fueling facility. Priceless. Literally. Or has anyone forgotten what a 'low tech' attack can do to a ship like say, the U.S.S. Cole?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Good call. I have two words for Syria and Russian SAMS. Bekka Valley. If the IDF needs a cut a path through Syria, that's what they will do. It's what they do.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

And yet your first post in this thread is telling me that I wouldn't believe Assad claiming to have shot down an Israeli fighter. If you don't care what I believe then don't sit here and tell me I won't believe something.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Because you know the most modern stealth aircraft in the world isn't one giant flat surface.....

You may be right, but flat surfaces aren't necessarily prime radar surfaces....

Radar reflects best off of uneven metal surfaces, that drone is small enough it could be made of smooth plastic, and there isn't much better to defeat radar than good ol plastic.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Nobody ever accused them of being intelligent.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Crap I better get down to the airport and make sure the Iranians didn't cut the nose off of my C-182. LOL

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by buster2010

Buster,

I do understand where youre coming from but thats the same as if a new car company shows up on the market and their first car is crap and your reaction is "well thats pretty good actually, when Ford started, their model t was worse".

Yea... well... with the tech from 100 years ago that thing was awesome actually, it doesnt mean that every time we build a car we start from zero so we expect new tech to improve on current tech, not to present us with some rc version of a plane older than von richstoffen's... especially when they have captured recent us uav tech.

You're comparing it to tech from 100 years ago, when the picture Buster posted is from 2005. Not as big of a jump as you're making it seem.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
That thing isn't stealthy besides that ground troops would hear it flying from miles away....

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What i worry about is what they mean by attack drones.
Its one thing to attach a couple small weapons to a drone to protect there own country.

But how long before they start giving away these to Hezbollah for attacks into Israel.

Its another if they get the brilliant idea to build a nuke into the drone for a one way mission into another country.

Take a drone with a nuke and put it on a catapult launch system mounted on a old cargo ship and launch just off the US coast.
A lot cheaper then building a ICBM system.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Can I ask you why the hell would the hezbollah need these when the war they wage is completely different based in different mo's?

They dont need uavs because they dont stand a chance... they conduct a highly assymetrical warfare so they'll need something mobile, fast, brutal and expendable (something along the lines of fire and forget) so what they really need is to put their hands on those delicious fateh 110 d1s... not some stupid huge uavs - thats for official armies, with conventional tactics, with national flags and crests on their shoulders.

When it comes to UAVs the only one I could name useful to the hezbollah and that I've worked with at a personal level is the raven... that one would be useful considering their type of warfare... well the raven and anything that follows that design and specific role.

Note: specially to zaph since he'll jump at my throat for this - I'm not mentioning the switchblade because I never dealt with it personally - same for the puma.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

You kinda failed to understand my reasoning...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hopefully the defense pact with Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Jordan, UAE, and Israel will be enough to balance the power in that region.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I understand it. It's just horrible reasoning.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I understand it. It's just horrible reasoning.

No its not. When a new piece of tech is released to the market, its expected from the competition to grab it, and improve over it so the new product to be released is an improvement (or an evolution) over the last one. You dont steal your competition's tech, and start from scratch and then release some pos thats even worse than whats already out. No. You start from your competitor's tech and either you emulate it or you make your way up and improve over it.

Do you copy?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join