It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in NY Arrested for giving kids a gun to play with at park....A "TOY" gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Things have changed.

I recall as a kid (age 5-7) going to the park next to my school on weekends. We'd all be carrying our toy guns and plastic soldier helmets. We'd play army and sometimes make parachutes for our toy soldiers from rags we stole from Mom's washroom and... well, no one ever arrested us.

I did once get in trouble for riding my bicycle on the sidewalk after school. Does that count?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Are paintball guns next?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Are paintball guns next?

Those are clearly chemical weapons... HOW DARE YOU?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Link

A man was arrested at home after another parent complained he gave his children a toy gun to play with.

Another mom who was on a playground at the park at the time said she walked up to Pawlowski, and told him to take the toy gun and his kids and leave. “I don’t tend to take things lying down, so I went past the parents, and so I walked straight over and I confronted him,” said Leni Calas. “I mean, he’s brandishing a firearm and I don’t care if that firearm is plastic. That’s unacceptable.”

That tip lead the police to the fathers home and we was taken out in handcuffs in front of his wife and children.

The mother who called also stated

This is really a way to educate people,” Vallone said. “You cannot run around with a realistic looking gun. It’s against the law, and you could get arrested and actually go to jail.” “I hope in the end, he understands at least somewhat why people became angry that he came here with this gun,” Calas said.

He is still in custody for the following..."on charges of reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a minor, resisting arrest, and possession of an illegal BB gun."

If this was a 15 year old kid kid in Harlem who brandished a fake gun and was shot by the police, Al Sharpton would be all over this. This is a father at a park playing with his kids. They came to his home. They took him in handcuffs. In front of his family. This is NYC. Tell me there are not bigger crimes than this????

I can see if people are concerned, it may look real, but once it is known it is a toy, is it really necessary to arrest him?

Good thing she was so diligent in her endever. I myself would be inclined to agree with the criminal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join